Thread: Today's Walk

Blog Entries

Default Today's Walk

Hope our walking man makes it over here but until he does I will report.

First stop., white man with beer in the fridge and he has the brother to my old friend. He drank coffee (thanks guys), I drank (his)beer.

Time to move on , ended up down the road, barely 10am and things were getting Nautical. Did my shopping, had a beer in a shop.

Walked out of the shop and did what I always promise myself I won't do. Hailed a cab and pointed in the direction I wanted to go, driver looked at me twice and I was still pointing that way.

Time to talk Miskito. I only know about a dozen words, maybe that many phrases, but it is more than most White man and I can usually handle myself amongst Indians. Might have been 11am and I was in an Indian Beer Joint, making nice with the bar maid and everyone in the house was ok with me, damn sure leary but someone said (loud) that is the White Man from North end, like make plant.

Taking my beer, easing into a long day and see 2 friends pull up on a moto next door, one peaked in the barroom and saw me, they came in laughing, both know I seldom leave the house and I was about as far away from home as a man can get. We had 3-4 or a dozen.

Made it home by 2, caught a nap, was woke by some sad news, an old friend died on Little Island, he was old as dirt, so no surprise. I have no idea what his name is, I always called him Grand-Pa and he always called me Marvin's white man. Everyone thought the old guy was crazy, I sat with him a little over a year ago, just me and him, I asked him about all the old timers, Grand-Pa was sharp as a tack. Grand-Pa is/was a cool old guy, not many with his old time knowledge left, when I heard he made dead I could only smile, can't be sad about a man like that.

Almos dark, and I got to go talk some more Indian......
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Today's Walk

Wasn't Mr. Otto was it?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Today's Walk

Miss Canellas Papa, one that always sits under the tree in front of her house just up from her hotel. He is always begging cigs from tourists then chews the tobacco.

I liked him, he was sharp, just played crazy.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe