Thread: Final Opportunities to Return Voted Ballots

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Final Opportunities to Return Voted Ballots

U.S. Embassy Managua, Nicaragua
    Message for U.S. Citizens
    Final Opportunities to Return Voted Ballots
    24 October 2012
    Embassies and consulates are not polling places. The majority of states require voted ballots to reach local election officials by the close of polls on Tuesday, November 6. U.S. citizens who want to participate in the 2012 U.S. elections should already have returned their absentee ballots to their local election officials. U.S. embassies and consulates are not polling places; same-day in-person voting is not available outside the United States.

Ballot not yet sent to local election officials? All voters who wish to participate in this election who have not yet sent their ballots to their local election officials should consider returning their ballot to the United States via an express courier service such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL. Some states or counties may allow you to return your voted ballot electronically. Check your state’s voting procedures at www.FVAP.gov for guidance.

Returning your Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot by email or fax. The following states allow voters to use email or fax to send signed, voted Federal Write-in Absentee Ballots to local election officials: Arizona, California (fax only), Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah, Washington, and West Virginia. Check your state’s voting procedures at www.FVAP.gov for guidance.

Returning ballots via express courier service. Voters can hire express courier companies such as UPS, DHL, and FedEx to return voted ballots. Through October 31, FedEx is offering discounted shipping for last-minute voters in 94 countries through the Express Your Vote program https://www.overseasvotefoundation.org/overseas/ExpressYourVote.htm. Ballots sent to local election officials via express courier service do not receive standard postmarks, so voters using this method should confirm delivery on or before November 6 prior to payment and shipment.

Returning your ballot by mail. Ballots sent via mail at this late date are unlikely to reach local election officials by state ballot receipt deadlines. If you still wish to send your voted ballot via mail, place your voted ballot in a U.S. postage-paid envelope addressed to your local election officials. Drop it off at the Embassy, and we’ll send it back home for you without the need to pay international postage. If you can’t visit the Embassy in person, ask a friend or colleague drop it off for you. If it’s easier for you to use Nicaragua’s postal system, be sure to affix sufficient international postage, and allow sufficient time for international mail delivery.

Voters can submit forms and ballots to the consular section to be returned to the U.S. during American Citizen Services Information hours between 1pm and 3pm Monday – Friday. Transit time is between 5-10 days so please plan ahead.

Need help? You can get in-person assistance from our Embassy Voting Assistance Officers during American Citizen Services Information hours between 1pm and 3pm Monday – Friday. No appointment is necessary for this service.

Have Questions? Please contact Managua’s Voting Assistance Officer at 2252-7161, or at votemanagua@state.gov
    Confirm your registration and ballot delivery online. Learn more at the Federal Voting Assistance Program's (FVAP) website at www.FVAP.gov.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Re: Final Opportunities to Return Voted Ballots

This is a particularly important election to vote in because even though we may not get the change we need there is a very good chance that the popular vote will contradict the electoral vote. I am registered in both Idaho and California (not knowing where I would be come Nov 7), and neither state would normally offer any validation to my vote (California giving its electoral votes to Obama, and Idaho's going to Romney).

This potential disparity between electoral vote and popular votes will send a signal to our elected representatives about the true will of the people, and effectively render Mr. Obama a lame duck. He will continue to make changes by Executive Order, but will not get any support or funding from the Congress.

The truest vision of Mr. Obama's plans for the US, and insights into the man's mind and history, are described in the movie 2016. The truth is more shocking than one could possibly imagine.

Always one to put my money where my mouth is, I would be pleased to send a copy of the DVD by USPS Priority Envelope to the first ten TRN members who PM me with a shipping address.

The postage is on my dime.

Blog Entries

It is also available on Amazon for rent for $3.99.

Good flick and is not anti-O'Bama. It simply explains him.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    It is also available on Amazon for rent for $3.99.

Good flick and is not anti-O'Bama. It simply explains him.
    i'll wait for it to come to redbox
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    i'll wait for it to come to redbox
    As Yoda would say...

"Subtle become has he..."

Well done..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    This potential disparity between electoral vote and popular votes will send a signal to our elected representatives about the true will of the people, and effectively render Mr. Obama a lame duck.
    Very well stated but I would be more concerned about what happens with the general public if/when that signal is sent.

All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

I was watching a short little program on TV that looked to be directed to young voters. It stated that GW had more electoral votes than Gore. I don't remember that being true, but I seem to remember that someone in history losing while achieving the popular vote. I don't know if the electoral college is the best system but do not see it ever going away. I think that Is just the way it will always be. Just go in knowing that your guy could lose that way. Somebody thought it was a good idea and we are just stuck with it.
    Survivor

"Obama will win . . . "

Not over until that famous Fat Lady sings.

This has been the most interesting election (that I can remember) since Kennedy and Nixon. That was also an election that "would determine the future of the country". And in many ways it was, although the changes were left to his VP Lyndon Johnson to make after his death. Those were much needed changes, changes that spoke to who we were as a people and a country.

This time, I'm not so sure. 2008 was exciting, and many jumped at the opportunity to vote in our country's first African American president. The talk of unity, transparency, and coming together to work towards a common goal was intoxicating, but in the end, that's all it was. Talk. We had "my way or the highway" until 2010, and the Fast and Furious and Bengazi coverups after that.

A pragamatist might question why Mr. Obama even wants a second term. His political capital is exhausted. If he wins it will be by the narrowest margin. If he succeeds in winning sufficient electoral votes but loses the popular vote his legitimacy will be questioned. He has no congressional House support, and he may lose the Senate. The business community, and some major sectors (energy, particularly), of the economy remain hostile, and some would rather wait another four years than see Mr. Obama enjoy any success.

It's got to be, as Clint Eastword suggested, the plane.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Obama will win . . . "

Not over until that famous Fat Lady sings.

This has been the most interesting election (that I can remember) since Kennedy and Nixon. That was also an election that "would determine the future of the country". And in many ways it was, although the changes were left to his VP Lyndon Johnson to make after his death. Those were much needed changes, changes that spoke to who we were as a people and a country.

This time, I'm not so sure. 2008 was exciting, and many jumped at the opportunity to vote in our country's first African American president. The talk of unity, transparency, and coming together to work towards a common goal was intoxicating, but in the end, that's all it was. Talk. We had "my way or the highway" until 2010, and the Fast and Furious and Bengazi coverups after that.

A pragamatist might question why Mr. Obama even wants a second term. His political capital is exhausted. If he wins it will be by the narrowest margin. If he succeeds in winning sufficient electoral votes but loses the popular vote his legitimacy will be questioned. He has no congressional House support, and he may lose the Senate. The business community, and some major sectors (energy, particularly), of the economy remain hostile, and some would rather wait another four years than see Mr. Obama enjoy any success.

It's got to be, as Clint Eastword suggested, the plane.

He will lose, in a fair election.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    He will lose, in a fair election.....
    As red said in shawshank, "I hope!"

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    but I seem to remember that someone in history losing while achieving the popular vote.
    While the huddled masses seem to cling (e.g. us the proletariat ) on the "Popular vote" those with some education and true national vision shy away from it..

If Popular vote were the case the most populous regions would always overrule the lower populous regions. (Unlike now where they win MOST of the time )

You can see this in the North East US dominance in the US Politico... Hence your electoral college..

Domination of Toronto and Montreal in the Canadian Politico.... (Where the prov of PEI gets 27 seats for a population that , in Ontario, would cover a riding of 1 seat)

And

The Domination of Managua in the Nicaraguan Politico.. Where Daniel-ismo covers all seats :-)
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

And that's why we don't have a Democracy, and why Democracy (a.k.a. mob rule) never works. Not that a representative republic is working very well either.

Active TRN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    And that's why we don't have a Democracy, and why Democracy (a.k.a. mob rule) never works. Not that a representative republic is working very well either.
    Say folks, don't despair. The election's still in play. Puerto Rico's electoral college delegation hasn't phoned in it's vote yet!

We've been down this road before.

The union will survive.

Despite this difficult period, it's still the greatest country on earth, and will continue to be.

A bit more humor to help us to get through this (which con-incidentally speaks to the new demographics):

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/994862/i-will-survive

Blog Entries

The union will survive.

Despite this difficult period, it's still the greatest country on earth, and will continue to be.

A bit more humor to help us to get through this (which con-incidentally speaks to the new demographics):

LMAO...
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

doomed, doomed i tell you!

The union will survive.

Years ago I was in an argument with my sister about the path of the USA.

She responded to me; "
    it's still the greatest country on earth."

I asked here as to where she had been? She responded that she had been to Hawaii.

I responed; my dear, that is a part of the USA. I thought it to be funny. She is still pissed.

TRN Member

Blog Entries

Someone pointed out yesterday that W was nowhere to be seen during the campaign. Lest anyone think his presence would have had a negative effect, Bill Clinton's "help" for O was no better. The least W could have done was address all the blame O placed on him. It seemed sometimes like Obama was still running against W.

Someone pointed out yesterday that W was nowhere to be seen during the campaign. Lest anyone think his presence would have had a negative effect, Bill Clinton's "help" for O was no better. The least W could have done was address all the blame O placed on him. It seemed sometimes like Obama was still running against W.
    he's got nothing else..........

Active TRN Member

Eat your heart out.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/1...-0?detail=hide

Blog Entries

He needed nothing else.

He needed nothing else.
    "money for nothin'.... and your chicks for free! that's the way you do it!"

TRN Member

Some things never cease to amaze.
    Folks that voted for GWB did not run off and hide forever - They still believe their opinion is worth something.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast