Thread: Security Message for U.S. Citizens 11-4-12

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Security Message for U.S. Citizens 11-4-12

Security Message for U.S. Citizens

Nicaraguan Municipal Elections on November 4, 2012

This Message alerts U.S. citizens to the possibility of disruptions related to Nicaragua's municipal elections on Sunday, November 4, 2012.

Please be aware that traffic patterns countrywide could be disrupted as road closures occur and crowds gather to vote. Partisan celebrations and/or demonstrations may occur on voting day or after the polls close, particularly near voting centers, major intersections, party headquarters or government offices. According to the Nicaraguan National Police security plan for the municipal elections, road closures will be emplaced in Managua in the vicinity of Metrocentro and El Periodista rotundas from 8 AM Saturday, November 3 to 6 PM on Monday, November 5. Similar closures can be expected in other cities and towns. Use alternative routes as necessary. Lastly, the sale or public consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited from noon on Saturday, November 3 through noon on Monday, November 5.

We remind U.S. citizens traveling to or already in Nicaragua to maintain a high level of vigilance, take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness, and avoid the possibility of being caught up in public disorder. Even peaceful demonstrations can become violent and unpredictable. It is advisable to avoid them if at all possible. Be alert and aware of your surroundings and pay attention to reports in local news media. U.S. citizens can prepare for planned and unplanned business closures by purchasing food, potable water, and fuel for vehicles in advance.

__________________________________________________ ________________

The U.S. Embassy in Managua is located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur Managua, Nicaragua. The U.S. Embassy in Managua can be reached 24/7 at 011-505-2252-7100. For emergencies (deaths, arrests, etc.) after hours, U.S. citizens can call this phone number and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer. The ACS unit is also available by email at ACS.Managua@state.gov <mailto:ACS.Managua@state.gov>

General information regarding consular services is available by calling 011-505-2252-7104. Routine services such as passports and notarial services require an appointment; you can schedule an appointment on-line https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/def...=MNG&appcode=1 <https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/def...=MNG&appcode=1> . In case of an emergency please call 2252-7100.

For the latest security information, Americans traveling abroad should regularly monitor the U.S. Embassy's website <http://nicaragua.usembassy.gov/> and the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs' website <http://www.travel.state.gov/> , where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information can be found. The U.S. Embassy also encourages U.S. citizens to review to "A Safe Trip Abroad <http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/...fety_1747.html> ", which includes valuable security information for those both living and traveling abroad. In addition to information on the Internet, travelers may obtain up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 1-888-407-4747 end_of_the_skype_highlighting toll-free in the U.S. and Canada, or outside the U.S. and Canada on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 1-202-501-4444 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Re: Security Message for U.S. Citizens 11-4-12

With all the dead people running as opposition candidates it can't get too lively.

A new twist: Hearses blocking rotundas . . .

Coming out of this US election I don't see how we can bash the Nicaraguans too badly re; their electoral procedures.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I must admit... Never seen a hearse here... We just give 'em a good 'ole Cuello Rojo send off in the back of a Pickup truck on the DAC to the Barrio Cementerio... Miskito Alan had a fine one....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Ya know, I told Pascale that should I die over in DAC, to have my friends pile up a big stack of logs and light the fire, but nevah tell the US government that I had died, just went into the jungle and nevah returned. I can't stand the thought of being buried with no way of escape. Let my ashes be free and float within the winds and the waters. It's jest possible that I might end up in some young ladies douche bag and run through one more time for old times sake.

Blog Entries

Can I have your Social Security check, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I must admit... Never seen a hearse here... We just give 'em a good 'ole Cuello Rojo send off in the back of a Pickup truck on the DAC to the Barrio Cementerio... Miskito Alan had a fine one....
    All the hearses ive ever seen in Nicaragua say Chevrolet el camino

Kind of poetic, one last ride down the old el camino in the El Camino . ..

I like the douche bag metaphor too, some possibilities there if you are cremated and have kind friends who own a pharmacy. You might go around more than once. I suspect your friends would enjoy it more than you, but who knows what waits for us in the hereafter?

Lots of good ways to go; surprised more of us don't get creative. A few dollars for enough booze to lubricate friends and compromise their better judgement, anything would be possible.