Thread: Swedish hillbilly racer

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Default Swedish hillbilly racer

My kid ain't going to sleep tonight either.

Stumbled over this on youtube:

Farmer's Ferrari in Sweden:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHl24QynOM

By the way, anybody have any good advice to get an insomniac kid to sleep?

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Swedish hillbilly racer

Awesome... I thought the same as other posters on the tube apparently.. This tractor belongs on Top Gear...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

I'm very impressed too.

Hopefully I'll never be crazy enough to get behind the wheel of a machine like that

Blog Entries

She thinks my tractors sexy, it really turns her on
    she always as I am chugging along

You see the suspension on that thing? It is going to kill him one day.
    Survivor

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a riot... Takes me way back in time....

As a young man, I quit the sea at 23 years old and wanted to live on the land for a while, get married and settle down and sleep in a bed that wasn't jumping up and down with the roll and pitch of the vessel under me. I had by that time about a year's experiance as Master of a fishing Trawler and 6 years full time and more than that if ya count my summers from school on the boat as a Deck ape and cabin boy and cook.

But anyway my mother gave me a lot she owned down in the county where I was born. Now I had never lived on the land before so to speak. And it is a county made up of Farmers and mechanics. So I bought one of them "Mobile Homes" not knowing that a generation later it is now considered all those that do this are "Trailer Trash"

So I have been there and done that too.

Anyhow, I needed a job and I had no work skills other than helping my Dad work on his old 6-71 Dietriot Diesel engine from time to time as needed in his Fishin' boat.

My uncle was a share cropper in the area and was good enough at it to drive a Lincoln and traded every 3 years or so. He was only aided by his wife and three sons and some temporary help during harvest time. Mechanized farming practices were the norm even in those primitive days. Therefore making room for advancments for backyard inventive artisans and wrench pullers. Even though the local county Highschool still had Drivers Education using Mules as the learning vichiel.

But my uncle talked to one of his friends just a couple of country miles down the road that needed some labor in his farm equpt repair shop, and I fit the bill. Minimum wage was like 2.35 an hour and all the BS that went with it, but he could not afford that. So we struck up a deal, I could work all the hours I wanted for 2.00 an hour cash, and he told me if you are smart enough, you will learn from me things that will be extreamly valuable to you later on in your life. So I took the job at...

JD Parkers Gloryfied Blacksmith Shoppe and Still Works (building a few illegal liqiour stills from time to time, let me be clear on that)

So to get back on the topic of this thread. I went with JD shopping several times to junkyards where we would pick thru the piles of salvage scrap and perhaps an old engine, axles, transmissions, drive lines etc would he buy by the ton for his purpose of building a machine from it all.

Well he built a tractor for a farmer suited to his needs. The tractor would go from 1/2 a mile an hour pulling a cucumber picking rig with all the V8 Chevy gas engines power. Now this rascal also needed a kinda high speed road gear in it so it could move from farm to farm with out to much of a time involved. JD named the tractor the "Parker Do-All".

The farmer was very pleased with the tractor, as a matter of fact he came back to JD's Shoppe one time bragging on that tractor and laughing about it. In those days farm equpt needed no license for the machine, nor the driver of it on the 2 lane paved roads. Only prohibited on the big 'ol 4 lanes where marked with signs, "NO Slow moving Vichickles"

His helper one time moving it from one farm to another on a two lane paved road straight away, where State Troupers would hide out; looking for some of those city folks from the Capitol taking the short cut thru the County to the beach on weekends, so they would have to add the the NC State Troupers retirement fund for speeding tickets.

That feller went by that hid out State Trouper with his shirt tail flapping in the breeze just a whizzin' down that road way younder faster than the law allowed licensed cars and trucks...

The trouper pulled the tractor over... The long and short of it was... The operator broke no law, and couldn't do nothing with him.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

I've missed these yarns . . .if you wrote a book Rebecca might help you get it published.

Reminds me of the joke about the farm girl who didn't like sitting on those old metal tractor seats

'cause she got gonorrhea from one of them once.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    I've missed these yarns . . .if you wrote a book Rebecca might help you get it published.

Reminds me of the joke about the farm girl who didn't like sitting on those old metal tractor seats

'cause she got gonorrhea from one of them once.
    Hey ya'll this is halarious... Everybody give him the Clap......

Now that all the elections are over and done with and nothing left to do but vote one time for peaceful succesion. I am going back to my writings... I decided that when I wrote this note this am... Sounds interesting KWP, I am game....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...