Thread: The Never Ending Carnival

Blog Entries

Default The Never Ending Carnival

Been on a little sabatical, left a trusted person in charge of my upside down/inside out Farm. Since I been gone I have a new puppy from a dog I doctored and gave away, a new Pelibuey (named fluffy), and today on one of the weekly boats my boy Kevito, 9 months old, arrived in the hands of a stranger as the mother had grown bored of raising her own child, the biological "father" is M.I.A. One of his Aunties was waiting on the wharf to receive him, and she did. He is home now.

Thanks to internet I can keep up with everything in real time. Kevito ate twice since he arrived and is now sleeping in my bed. He arrived hungry and with a bag of dirty clothes, hungry is solved and come morning his clothes will know clean again. He will never be hungry again as long as he is in my house.

Poor kids they got no control, breaks my heart. Kevito is damn lucky that he had a few aunts and a crazy white man on his side. By the time I get back he will probably be walking and then he and I will do some walking, I can't wait to take the boy on a walk.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Never Ending Carnival

Son, it does my heart Good to know, you are doing what ya can and will.....

We cannot save the World, but we can make just a little bit of difference...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Can't think of a better way to say it that how the Aussies do: "Good on 'ya!"
    "Find out what it is in life that you don't do well - and then don't do that thing." -The most Interesting Man in the World

Blog Entries

You're a good man Charlie Brown. That is one lucky baby.
    It's all part of the adventure!!

Lucky baby is right, hopefully he will have stability now and won't get jerked back and forth.

TRN Member

...and another 'baby' story. The 'adopted' daughter of a friend in BLU, who appeared at age 9 at my friend's office barefoot, having run away from home when her biological mother tried to trade her to some guy for a carton of cigarettes...this same child, in my friend's care for all the intervening years, just graduated from BICU with her law degree on Monday of this week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    ...and another 'baby' story. The 'adopted' daughter of a friend in BLU, who appeared at age 9 at my friend's office barefoot, having run away from home when her biological mother tried to trade her to some guy for a carton of cigarettes...this same child, in my friend's care for all the intervening years, just graduated from BICU with her law degree on Monday of this week.
    That is just great... It matters not what road you eventually chose in an honorable life's desire; a bit of "Law" studies will hurt no one.... God's Speed to the girl in her young life.

This and Cookshoe's story makes my heart Sing for Joy...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    Sorry to hear that, such a tragic end!! I have a brother N law that is a lawyer and I feel your pain!!

But on a serious note (are we allowed to be serious on this site?) thats pretty cool!

Active TRN Member

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I have a new ... Pelibuey named fluffy."
    Kevin, are you starting to turn gay on us?

What are you planning on doing next ... painting the sheep's face with lipstick and make-up for Christmas and dressing it in crinoline and petticoats, like Jefferson Davis on the run from the Federals?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeh View Post

What are you planning on doing next ... painting the sheep's face with lipstick and make-up for Christmas and dressing it in crinoline and petticoats, like Jefferson Davis on the run from the Federals?
    In my defense I was not there to name him, the job was handled by a 10 yr old girl. Saw my first pictures of the pelibuey yesterday and the name is fitting, this must be some kind of crossbreed pelibuey because he has regular sheep looking hair, he is indeed "Fluffy".

Nothing around my place can ever be anywhere near normal. The 10 year old loves fixing the hair on her dolls, now that she has Fluffy to practice on she is in Heaven, she has given him 2 "haircuts" (that I know about) in less than a month. When I asked her about this hair cutting business she just broke out in laughter and say "Fluffy sure look funny".
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

" ... a crazy white man ... "

Not THAT crazy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeh View Post

Naw Cookshoe would never do that...., Seems Pactric Henery did the same thing generations before, perhaps 'ole JD learned it from him.......

I must say Cookshoe has something of a Survivalist in him even if he is friends with those of all walks of life and is a nut case to boot... If he is... He keeps right quite about it....

But 'ole Pactric Henery did take care of an insane wife till the end, even hand feeding her in a basement cell...

And Lincolns wife Mary Todd blasted him in the back of the head with her own derringer and not her lovers gun John Wilkes Booth... He (JWB) died of old age in Misouri ya know many years later.....

Cookshoe is Good people I don't care what, if he and LCT want Goats to cut grass and try to keep the place rather not labor intinsive... Let 'em have at it....

Blog Entries

To add the fuel to the fire, my goats name is Princessa, any you tough guys want to make fun of that go by and see the little girl that named it (and fluffy), see how tough you are when a 10 yr old little girl kicks your ass, slaps you with a machete, and sicks one of her dogs on you.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

In my defense I was not there to name him, the job was handled by a 10 yr old girl. Saw my first pictures of the pelibuey yesterday and the name is fitting, this must be some kind of crossbreed pelibuey because he has regular sheep looking hair, he is indeed "Fluffy".

Nothing around my place can ever be anywhere near normal. The 10 year old loves fixing the hair on her dolls, now that she has Fluffy to practice on she is in Heaven, she has given him 2 "haircuts" (that I know about) in less than a month. When I asked her about this hair cutting business she just broke out in laughter and say "Fluffy sure look funny".

So are you still going to be able to eat this thing?
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    I would help him cook it.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    Fluffy is going to be breeding stock, probably will not see the table. Long as the little girl is happy to have Fluffy to practice her haircutting on, I am happy.
    Ernie K Doe

OK, we need some pics . .. .

Kevito, Fluffy getting a haircut, and an update on the pigs and chickens.

Blog Entries

No pics of the haircut in progress, but here is one of the end result.

Ernie K Doe

That's what I want...a nice milk goat!

I don't think you want the milk from that one, that's not an udder . . .

Utterly charming though; don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    I don't think you want the milk from that one, that's not an udder . . .
    Wish I were hung like that. My future would be assured!

PLEASE don't forward this post to my wife

Blog Entries

Don't worry ... she knows.....
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Don't worry ... she knows.....
    She calls it the angry inch, I call it TheOle Campaigner

Active TRN Member

No pics of the haircut in progress, but here is one of the end result.

What a pretty sheep! It's a good thing sheep can't clean house and cook supper --- otherwise, the men on Little Corn Island would never look for wives!