Thread: The Factory

Default The Factory

http://www.nicatourism.com/2012/12/the-factory.html

Where's the beef? That is the half I took home with me, along with the loaf of fresh bread that the waiter gave me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: The Factory

How expensive is it??
    Dios es Amor!

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    How expensive is it??
    It's pretty expensive...that cut of meat costs $22 plus the typical 25% add ons of tax and tips...they charged for the bottled water too...and an extra of chimichurri. Boo on them!

On the link, http://www.nicatourism.com/2012/12/the-factory.html, you can click on "Check out the prices here" at the end of the post. There is a copy of the receipt.

Expensive for Nicaragua, but a really nice steak in a really nice restaurant is getting completely out of hand, even in my neck of the woods.

Great link, have to check it out for that very special occasion (a few dollars invested in dinner out for the wife is an investment that pays big dividends). And it's NOT the thought, anyone who believes that, ... well . . .try taking your wife to Arby's for your anniversary.

I'm happy with a nice piece of meat barbecued at home to my liking, but girls are not genetically coded the same way (and I'm still trying to figure it all out).

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Expensive for Nicaragua, but a really nice steak in a really nice restaurant is getting completely out of hand, even in my neck of the woods.

Great link, have to check it out for that very special occasion (a few dollars invested in dinner out for the wife is an investment that pays big dividends). And it's NOT the thought, anyone who believes that, ... well . . .try taking your wife to Arby's for your anniversary.

I'm happy with a nice piece of meat barbecued at home to my liking, but girls are not genetically coded the same way (and I'm still trying to figure it all out).
    I've found that presentation is 70% or more of what makes a meal work for girls (or foodies of any gender).

If you lay out a romantic spread with fine china, folded napkins, candles, flowers, and mood msic with the meat you barbecue at home, then I'd suspect it'd be at least as well received as dinning at a fine restaurant.

At least, this has been my experience.
    Soy el chele mono.

Quote Originally Posted by drlemcor View Post
    I've found that presentation is 70% or more of what makes a meal work for girls (or foodies of any gender).

If you lay out a romantic spread with fine china, folded napkins, candles, flowers, and mood msic with the meat you barbecue at home, then I'd suspect it'd be at least as well received as dinning at a fine restaurant.

At least, this has been my experience.

Yeah, I agree, everything you say is right on. I should tattoo that to my forehead, or at least to my upper chest, in reverse, so I could read it every morning while I shave.

It's still a piece of meat. And why do we drink beer when we barbecue, but when we go out, we order an expensive bottle of wine ?? What's with that ?

Now, if I were gay would it be just two guys drinking beer and eating a good piece of meat (no pun intended), or do the above rules still apply ?

Yeah, I agree, everything you say is right on. I should tattoo that to my forehead, or at least to my upper chest, in reverse, so I could read it every morning while I shave.

It's still a piece of meat. And why do we drink beer when we barbecue, but when we go out, we order an expensive bottle of wine ?? What's with that ?

Now, if I were gay would it be just two guys drinking beer and eating a good piece of meat (no pun intended), or do the above rules still apply ?
    Don't really need to or want to know the answer to that one.

Blog Entries

Women love to go out and spend money. Not all, but enough to safely generalize. They love nice cloths, and to be taken places to wear them. Men will be happy with a good meal in a dive. Men show off their own way too. When I was dating I would carry $5 k in hundreds in a gold money clip. I would pull off a hundred to pay for stuff like it was nothing. But it was all part of the image I was creating for myself and it worked like it was supposed to.I have no Regrets, but people change. I would not do it that way again. In fact I don't really show off at all. Laura is younger and still likes to to do it. If I take her someplace she makes a big deal about it to her friends and family. To them I appear as a cheap old grouch. I wasted too much in my recent past. Some of you may remember those times. I had a blast playing that game.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

That's depends. One of my friends on Facebook is an excellent cook and posts the recipes of the dishes he make for his partner. What the presentation is, I don't know, but his descriptions of what he's been cooking tend to make a lot of people drool.

Quote Originally Posted by AarontheGreat View Post
    It's pretty expensive...that cut of meat costs $22 plus the typical 25% add ons of tax and tips...they charged for the bottled water too...and an extra of chimichurri. Boo on them!

On the link, http://www.nicatourism.com/2012/12/the-factory.html, you can click on "Check out the prices here" at the end of the post. There is a copy of the receipt.
    Try DON CANDIDO, great steaks and only one block away from the Factory. If you are at Metro Centro, it is located 50 meters up the hill from where the old location of the discoteca Chaman was located. After reading this post I know I have been living here to long. I even give simple directions ​a la nica.
    You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon.
    Casablanca-1942

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    Women love to go out and spend money. Not all, but enough to safely generalize. They love nice cloths, and to be taken places to wear them. Men will be happy with a good meal in a dive. Men show off their own way too. When I was dating I would carry $5 k in hundreds in a gold money clip. I would pull off a hundred to pay for stuff like it was nothing. But it was all part of the image I was creating for myself and it worked like it was supposed to.I have no Regrets, but people change. I would not do it that way again. In fact I don't really show off at all. Laura is younger and still likes to to do it. If I take her someplace she makes a big deal about it to her friends and family. To them I appear as a cheap old grouch. I wasted too much in my recent past. Some of you may remember those times. I had a blast playing that game.
    Big money baller...
    Dios es Amor!

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    When I was dating I would carry $5 k in hundreds in a gold money clip. I would pull off a hundred to pay for stuff like it was nothing. But it was all part of the image I was creating for myself and it worked like it was supposed to.I have no Regrets, but people change. I would not do it that way again.
    'guess I have to pinch hit for Dr D here...

This guy comes up to me
    His face red like a rose on a thorn bush
    Like all the colors of a royal flush
    And he's peeling off those dollar bills
    Slapping them down
    One hundred, two hundred
    And I can see those fighter planes
    And I can see those fighter planes
    Across the mud huts where the children sleep
    Through the alleys of a quiet city street
    You take the staircase to the first floor
    Turn the key and slowly unlock the door
    As a man breathes into a saxophone
    And through the walls you hear the city groan
    Outside is America
    Outside is America
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Speaking of the "Devils" where the hell is DDT and Cigarednekfisherman?
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

We enjoy Don Parrillon. They have these steak and rib platters that say are for 2, but more like 3-4!! Food is excellent. Its on the same street as Pane E vino, close to the Hilton. I call it restaurant row, as there are many restaurant up and down that street--I guess its called Zona Hippos??? 1 place I prefer never to go back to is the Porterhouse on Masaya highway! I think I paid $30 for thier top steak and it was all fat, and 13 French fries,lol To be fair the owner did email me an offer to come back, but he didn't make it clear if it was on his tab,lol Too many other fine restaurants to try anyways. All the best in 2013.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Speaking of the "Devils" where the hell is DDT and Cigarednekfisherman?
    Been thinking the same thing.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.