Thread: The Greater Sin

Blog Entries

Default The Greater Sin

With apologies to DD, I simply must ask this question as I am burning with disgust at the mindless rhetoric spewing from our elected officials and unelected media.

Which is the greater sin?

1. Rewarding those who take risks, provide capital, employ people, and succeed?

2. Spending money that is not earned, not yours, and passing the debt to your children?

If you selected #2, then there is a special ring in the inferno with your name on it.

Oh yeah...Happy New Year to All!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Greater Sin

Trick question - #1 isn't a sin at all.

But how do you expect politicians to buy their votes if they don't take your money . . ?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lord Have Mercy... Think most of us on the same side now, and are getting to put the chicken sh*t differences to the side...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Yeah, but those differences are what make it interesting.

Preaching to the choir gets old,, like always choosing the same girl at the Red Light Lounge in Winnemucca (although I wouldn't know anything about that. Read it somewhere once).

TRN Member

Kudos to Gerard Depardieu. And that the leader of France called Depardieu's move "pathetic" indicates how widespread is Marx's "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." Societal pressure (churches, educational institutions, politicians, etc) is aimed toward convincing us it is right and righteous to be our "brother's keeper."
    Take responsibility for my own life? Why should I? Let somebody else pay my rent, buy my food, and cover my medical expenses. It is most certainly the government's duty to see that those who earn don't get to keep what they earn.
    And since my government has the most and biggest guns (maybe in the near future the only legal guns), my government can - and does - steal my earnings via taxes and gives it to someone who cries I'm poor, my education was scant, I'm marginalized, I'm ugly, people don't like me, my daddy spanked me, I got picked on at school, I can't get a good job....whatever...but if you take care of me I'll vote for you, I'll give you power!
    I am too much a Randian to buy that shit. I am not my brother's keeper.
    Tom, what terrible thoughts on which to end a year - or start a new one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    Tom, what terrible thoughts on which to end a year - or start a new one.

Ann, I totally agree....that is why the house goes up for sale this month.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Preaching to the choir gets old...
    do re mi fa sol la ti... ...doh!
    Soy el chele mono.

Your government in action: just keep the "revenue" coming.

Plus a possible businesss opportunity for CookShow: Charge admission plus sell the beer.

"If you build it they will come".

I wouldn't scratch the pig's head again though; as I remember, I was egged on . . . and based on his ability to catch the can of beer in mid-air probably wise to keep extremities clear of his reach.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Good luck!

Blog Entries

My local news has a guy named Robert Mak come on and beat his chest and tell all of us right leaning people that we better get with the program because there is a new sheriff in town with a voter approved mandate. I had to actually boycott that station for allowing such a creep on that purposely alienates about have of the audience. Ironically I went to find that little rant on youtube only to find out that this fellow has moved on the explore other interest. I still plan on boycotting the station though... I can be told to wear my seatbelt and bring an umbrella to work from a different station. This country is in serious trouble, heading down. It is like a big shit sandwhich that we are all going to have to take a bite of. That is why I cannot believe all those weirdos acting like they won something.

I have a job. I work in a state that needs ferry boats, the largest consumer in the country and therefore most likely the world. The state is heavily run by the unions and the unions have priced themselves out of the ship building market. The state has to have in the constitution that all the ferries have to be built and maintained by yards and engineering companies licensed in the state. You have an empire keeping alive an industry artificially. Myself, I would not be even living here if it weren't the need to work on these ferries until 2020. I am in management and engineering, so I am not apart of any union by the way. These ferries are subsidized in construction and operation because the state could not run them from the fares they collect. Because of the unions those fares are like $20 round trip on one run I use where you can see your destination from your departure.

I sort of feel lucky I am working. New construction in this league is sort of rare. I could be working in a lot less favorable location as well. I use to make about $40k more than I am now, but fuel and living expenses were a lot less then. After 2020 I do not know what we are going to do, because I just can't see that many large scale construction projects being started in the next 4 years, and any that are will be like honey to ants. I really feel that the America I grew up in has taken a trend down and a trend that probably cannot be reversed.

Maybe Tom's message wasn't pleasant, but it is based on maturity. If I had one single word I would use to describe the democratic party it would be immature. Their constituency is so immature that they really believe they won.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Yea they won for a spel....

But look who they dealing with.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

It's no sillier a solution than anything else out there. But they still need to cut spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Yea they won for a spel....

But look who they dealing with.....

Nicaraguan Pedicure?

Where can I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Your government in action: just keep the "revenue" coming.

Plus a possible businesss opportunity for CookShow: Charge admission plus sell the beer.

"If you build it they will come".

I wouldn't scratch the pig's head again though; as I remember, I was egged on . . . and based on his ability to catch the can of beer in mid-air probably wise to keep extremities clear of his reach.
    Those are some big tusk, you were either drunk like a skunk or you are the bravest man on earth
    Dios es Amor!

HaimHype

Default żelazny golem minecraft chicago web design

To actually have the preferred results then it is vital that you choose the right service provider in Winetka. remodeling Northbrook il By employing a preferable Winetka remodeling - kitchen bathroom basement company, you can be certain to see your preferred outcomes.