Thread: June 3, 2007 - Managua Day of the Children

Default June 3, 2007 - Managua Day of the Children

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/2007...riedades/50049

The Famous Nicaraguan Clown "Pipo"

The celebration of the Internation Day of the Children, will be celebrated by Managua on June 3rd.

The Vice Alcaldia of Managua plans to have a colorful parade with more than 30,000 attending.

The event will also include 5 areas of Traditional Childrens rides and games, Acrobatics, a presentation of an African Lion, and other attractions.

Mario Montenegro a childrens singer, the Clown "Pipo" will both be performing.

Prizes will be given out to honor many children, including "Mayor for a Day" and "Pipo del año".

The parade will begin at the North sector of the "Teatro Nacional Rubén Darío" and will circle around and up in front of the "Concha Acústica" in the Plaza.

WHEN: 10:00 AM

Blog Entries

Creepy clown story:

My daughter was at a party near Managua where there was a clown. He was actually a very talented clown, a description I don't hand out lightly. Over a year later, she went to another party and the same clown performed. He actually remembered my daughter's name.

Creepy clown story 2:

We were driving south on the Carreterra Masaya once and passed a very angry looking clown stomping along the side of the road. Not sure if it was the same one or not.

You know! I was searching around last year for a decent clown to perform at my daughters Bday. The decent clowns get paid damn good! Between 600-850 cordobas for a short event.

Now if a clown could squeeze in 4 parties a week and 4 weeks a month, thats over U$700 dollars a month for 48 hours worth of work the entire month.

I concluded that Politicians make the most in Nicaragua, and clowns are right behind them, practically the same job, except the clowns work less.

Default where do I sign up?

I've been a clown all my danged Life -- where do I sign up?? :lol:

I would think that in places like Granada, where there may be a handful more English speaking children, it may be easier to charge 1000 cordobas for an English speaking clown.

Blog Entries

Yes, this clown charged a decent fee. I'll see if I can get his name and number.

I should put this under the Business section :lol:

Other advantages of being a clown:

+ Transportation is usually an additional (if in Managua)

+ You get to eat cake at every event

Ha! I thought the politicians WERE the clowns :twisted: ! I'll bet if you were to rip off the creepy clown faces, you'd see another familiar one!!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cathy, you took the words out of my mouth, I agree 100% about who are the clowns....

Bozo's have more spine than polititions, BTW when is censorship of the internet going to start here?

I see DO applouded the closing of a disenting opnion station in his mentors country....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...