Thread: Trusted lawyer in Leon?

Default Trusted lawyer in Leon?

I am thinking about proposing to my girlfriend. She lives in Leon. I know the major obstacle I face when it comes to bringing her here, is her son. He has a Nico father. Now this man has never paid child support and the court has said he can not have visitation until he starts paying. I need to talk to a lawyer to find out how likely it is to get a judge to give permission for her son to leave the country. I'd prefer a lawyer that wasn't looking to gringo me out of a bunch of money. So, has anybody used a lawyer in Leon that they would recommend?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trusted lawyer in Leon?

Far as I know, if his name is on the birth papers as the Father, it is gone take his permission now a day's... As far as a Trusted Lawyer is conserned.... You got to be kidding me, Lawyers have such a bad reputation world wide it is not even funny....

Here it only costs about 300 to 500 cordobas for a "Consultation" I suggest you pick out several Liars (Oooops Lawyers) that have presentable offices (This would signify some degree of succuess) and get some professional opinions on your delima...
    Last edited by Just Plain John Wayne; 05-15-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: My bad Spelling AGAIN
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

If you are trying to bring both back to the USA--a great free relationship forum is http://www.visajourney.com/forums/ Even a "latin america" forum on there as well. 2 routes for relationship visas, k1--fiance--and if one is married CR-1. Just throwing this out there as some still think by marrying a USA citizen, one gets an automatic entry into the USA--nope!! Best of luck

Thanks for the website and advice. If I decide to pop the question, and I probably will if I can get permission from the boy's father, I will go the fiance visa route. My worst fear is that I marry a woman and then can't live with her in the US. I wish I had the means to live in Nicaragua but I am job dependent.

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Its a very good site--I used it when I came to the USA from Canada on the CR-1. There are differences between a k1 and a cr-1. for example: K1 is usually faster (when I say fast, I mean like 6 months,maybe shorter/longer) but it comes with NO work authorization more paperwork, and costs more $$$ in the long run than a CR-1. A Cr-1, yes may take longer, but one gets a 2 yr greencard right off the bat, and one can work right away and travel outside of the USA right away. a k1--one has to get married within 90 days of moving to the USA (and getting the k1 endorsed at the USA border) and one can't leave the USA until they AOS (adjust of status)--but one can get Emergency Advance parole. States everything better here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare Believe u can disregard the k3 visa, it has gone the way of the dodo bird.

At the top of the appropriate forum is a GUIDE--gives you step by step instructions. And at the very top of the page is EXAMPLE FORMS---everything you need is there. The process is not that difficult, its the waiting that sucks!! I have no clue how fats things run for Nicaragua! I know in Canada a k1 usually takes around 6-8 months from start to finish and the CR-1 can take anywhere from 7-12 months. And yes there is an interview, which of course for Nicaragua is in Managua.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/fo...ss-procedures/
    http://www.visajourney.com/forums/fo...ss-procedures/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/fo...south-america/

Best of luck

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Travelingman our member in Good standing went thru it several years ago when he married a local girl and they moved to the states. He did things the right way and it did take some time and if I remember right the $ was around 5K all totaled.

But that has been about 6 or 8 years now..

One thing I know you do not want to do is give any conflicting answers on any papers, that will screw up the whole mess...

Oh and he did have to use a "Fiador" to gurentee she would not be a burden on the state...

They are doing well, I am proud of them both... His Miskito Indian Princess now speaks English with a "Kintuckey Twang"
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

1 has to make enough $$$$(USa citizen), based on family size and whatever the poverty rate is set at (maybe the wrong term) and if they do not--then they are required to get a sponsor. Fees in total for a CR-1 should be around $1000 usd..not including whyat it costs to get medical, passport photos, thats strictly the paperwork costs. And then ur green card is only valid for 2 yrs, so more paperwork and $$$$. Within 90 days before that greencard (permanent residency) expires, one has to submit a I-751, and thats around another $500!! But now 1 has a 10 yr green card! Many go the USA citizenship route, N400, and thats another $680. If she comes in on a CR-1--3 yrs later she can start the paperwork to be a USA citizen! Route I went back in 2004!! All laid out in visajourney.com. Yes it does take some time.. Cheers