Thread: Another bit of Tough Love

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Another bit of Tough Love

Another bit of Tough Love
    Had to do it with my Son Gerold several years ago and it has made a Man out of him. He is 19 now and I am so proud of the transition he has made and the improvements in his taking more mature control of his life because of it.

Now I have shown by example how a real man acts in various situations. But I will not and I do mean NOT put up with rebellious conduct on the part of any youth be they my own or someone else's for that matter. I have told a many of the youth, "If you were mine, I would knock the living shit out of you and hope you don't like it.

My youngest son JW Jr. has crossed my line once to often. He is 2 months from being 16 and thinks he is his own man, but his conduct is not that all matured.

Has no respect at all for his mothers wishes, totally hates his sisters and older brother and thinks I will over look his indiscretions till hell freezes over.

As the Great old Pistolero Marion Morrison is quoted as saying...

Life is Hard, and it's even Harder if you are Stupid.

I will give Consejo and guidance suggestions to a point. When I find it falling on Deaf ears, I will quit wasting my breath. I am that way with any human on earth I have come in contact with.

Here for the last 2 months my computer has been in the shop and my Daughter Xena has borrowed one from a friend for me and she to use. Seems Johny is also friends with the same youth.

Johny kept changing the password to the computer so no one could use it and it pissed me off knowing well he done it for "Gusto" against his sister. Johny has also not given a shit about his report card grades from school either. We have had many prayer meetings over it.

Son you are too big to spank, and I cannot hold out to give you the man to man beating you deserve, and if this conduct continues I am going to have to ask you to leave my home and go your own road, Simple as that...

Still the little fu#ker didn't believe I would do it, after all, I gave him my name and he has felt himself I guess above the law in these last days. All indications point to that anyway.

His abuse of my Daughters, younger than him is also a factor, taking advantage of them by putting his own personal family responsibility's off on them when he thinks I will not find out about it.

So I had it to the neck with his Conduct. This AM when the call came out from the Galley for "Plume" Food in English, I gave his mother the Captains wishes and to him.

You have pushed me over my limit, now you cannot even open that computer monkeying around with the password of it. I told you last night to fix the problem with it and turn it over to your sister to return it to it's owner in good shape and now you tell me you cannot open it up.

You have eaten your last meal in my home last night.

You are hereby driven from my home until you can correct your Conduct. You are to TODAY pack your shit and Get out of my house and will remain so till comes the day when you are man enough to apologize to all of us in this house and live in harmony with ALL of your family here.

IF, and I mean IF I see your face in my home before this day, I will take whatever I can get my hands on weather it be a machete or a baseball bat and treat you as an intruder would be so treated.

I love him to Death, but I am not going to let him go down the wrong road. He will in all likelihood go to his Grandmothers home and see how life is there. Gerold did for 4 months before he came to his senses, He is NO Damn better. None of my children Thank God almighty are using drugs, I would know it in heart beat.

Over there at his Grandmothers all the boy's are in and out of jail for being petty thieves and all the girls are hustlers if you know what I mean. Real High on the local social ladder so to speak.

He knows well that his old man, ME, left home at the same age, mine was voluntary, his is FORCED...

I wish him the Best, but he left me no alternative..

He is not stupid and I am confident he will see his errors after a while of his being in the situation of ROOT HOG or die....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Another bit of Tough Love

I hope he comes to his senses.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

This is a small town, I know where he is at... He went to Marisol Bowie's house where lives his life time friend Jeffert... Most of Ya'll know who I am talking about. I am sure Marisol will have a little Prayer Meeting with him. BTW Jeffert is doing right well even after loosing his fishing buddy for life, Mr. Miskito Alan of local fame.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Sounds like a good move so far.

Good age to get a little taste of reality.

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

One of my high school teachers stated that no kid should ever goto University right away after high school--more or less they should be kicked out out into the real world and work some very crummy jobs and get a dose of reality. Then after a year or so, head back to school!! Makes a lot of sense!!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I remember WHEN...... Son this is going to hurt me, MORE than it will you... Damn it is hard, but must be done.

Blog Entries

Marisol got hard on him after 3 day's of his visit, She had been talking with the Boy/Mans Mother about it... She advised him it best to go and apologize to your family and Father; and he did this evening. I told him, Look Son I love you but I will not to let you go wild. If this happens again you will realize I am serious and I will be so much more bad on you, you will want to dance on my Grave. Welcome home, and do try to keep your promise to me and your family. If you do not, you have no idea how bad your Old Man can be to an enemy who has stomped the sh*t out of his heart..