Thread: Somehow it All Seems Normal

Blog Entries

Default Somehow it All Seems Normal

Last night I was close to shutting the house up for the night, it was about 7:30 and I only had the front door and window (shutter actually, no windows just holes in the walls) open, mosquitoes have been bad so I start shutting the house up around dark. The dogs start going crazy so I go out on the porch and see someone coming up my road, they call out and I call off the dogs, it is guy I know and he wants to buy chicken, so I ask him how much as I have some in the freezer from my last butchering, no I want to buy a chicken he says. I am thinking to myself who buys chickens at this hour but keep that to myself.

Finally I figure out he wants to buy one of the live meat chickens I have, ok, ok, 150 cords I tell him, he never bats an eye. Dressed and cleaned the chicken would be about 4-4.5# and sell for less than 150 cords, but what the heck, he wants a live chicken, it is way past dark, and I have chickens I can part with. I take him to the coop tell him pick a winner, he tells me to choose, I find what I deem to be the biggest one, he hands me 200 cords, I get him some change and of he walks into the darkness with his new chicken.

Who in the Hell knows what the rest of that story was, I locked up my house and went to bed.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Somehow it All Seems Normal

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Might have just got the munchies for some "REAL" shicken meat, tired of just fish and Turtle meat, Wait a minute Trutle meat I have not seen yet in the market. Momma say's it will be in season this month about the 15th. Lookin forward to some Turtle Fin soup.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Please excuse the typo on "Chicken" I get that way after 3 Tonas....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Well, if an egg fits in there I wonder what else would.......

Blog Entries

Was not home, just got word this morning, same guys came to buy another live chicken.

One of these days I will ask what is going on.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe