Thread: Vertical Integration

Default Vertical Integration

A couple of these set up outside some of the drinking establishments might provide a more profitable disposition of the chicken and pork from our favorite TRN farmer. Everybody gets hungry as the evening progresses, and I haven't seen any of the beer bars here offer hanburgers, Slim Jims, or any of the other staples that nourish a serious drinker.

Aleksandr sells these kabobs for 800 Colones, or $1.60 each. His big money is probably the beer he sells under the table, but there has to be some decent profitability in the kabobs too.

I seen this "tire rim barbecue" quite frequently . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vertical Integration

I was just in MGA in a short errand. and saw in the Cuidad Jarden one of these street side things called "Leno's Steak House" Open 24 hours, and saw they sold no beer... Sooo I mosied on across the street to the La Colonial and bought me 2 ice cold Tonas and got them in a bag and went back.. I would like a Carne Asada please mam I told the Lady... She responded, it will take me a while so pay me now the 60 Cordobas and I will do it. Nevah did hear that one before... So I did pay her and take a seat to one of her 6 tables, and she did commence to fan up that grill just for me.. It was 10 AM. So I sat there and got one of them tonas out to prep my lips and gums for it... Shock came into her asking me... "Where did you get that beer from?"... Well I got it across the street as La Colonial, I said. Uuuu that is prohibited here, I can't sell it, Here take this glass and pour it in it, I don't want no trouble with the law... then she said, How do you want the steak cooked? Calentar muy bien, mi amore, media cruda... I must say one of the BEST I have ever had it was...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

i own one of those tire rim grills. Works pretty well if you are only grilling for a couple.

Also, as far as setting those up outside, in managua at least, you are almost never farther than a couple blocks from someone setnup making food outside, or someone who is willing to make you something for a few cords.
    Finding grilled meat on the streets is probably one of the easier things to find here.

Blog Entries

Have one of the "rim grills" on my porch use it all the time.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

My "rim grill" got a workout today. Black-Eyed Peas, Pot Roasted Pork, Rice a Roni, and now a big pot of Dog Food is cooking on it.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    My "rim grill" got a workout today. Black-Eyed Peas, Pot Roasted Pork, Rice a Roni, and now a big pot of Dog Food is cooking on it.
    Ahhh, yes! we must not forget the pot of Dog Food.. A daily ritual .. Back up to 6 now, I got Tonkey, Bull, and "Hairball" she just had 3 puppies live out of 5 on her first litter.. They cute little 'ole things..
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I am down to 2, returned the 1 dog I had on loan. Today I am getting a visit from a dog I raised as a pup and gave away, she comes by a few times a week to see me.

Latisha, she is a good little dog.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I like little dogs.. They make a lot of noise and Wake up me... The BIG Dog.... and in a pack that is not hard to feed they can be a mess on a "Lurker" in my patio..

Blog Entries

My rim grill got a 4am wake up call this morning. Ran out of cooking gas yesterday and none of the shops within a mile had any as of last night, the supply boats came in yesterday so hopefully today I will get a fresh tank. Well cold coffee ain't going to work so I fired up the grill this morning, got my percolater pot on it now. The coal (carbon, charcoal) is sleepy and slow to burn, happens all the time, the stuff is transported here by boat, gets rained on during the trip, means more gasolina to make it work.
    Ernie K Doe