Thread: Renewing a US Passport from Nicaragua

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Renewing a US Passport from Nicaragua

Second time I have done this, Only thing different was had to make an appointment to make the application.. No longer a just walk right in for those living outside MGA. They would not put it in the BANCENTRO bank bag and sent it to Puerto Cabezas like before for a 5 or 6 dollar fee. However it does seem to be a walkin during business hours to just pick it up.... Oh 14 Day's right on the nose from filing the application to a notice the new one is ready.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Renewing a US Passport from Nicaragua

Your U.S. Passport has arrived!

Please come to the Embassy Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday between 1:00 and 3:00 PM with your receipt. If you have lost your receipt you will be required to present a photo identification. It is required for passports to be picked up in person. Passports for minors can be picked up by one of the parents. If you cannot personally pick up your passport, you may designate somebody else to pick it up for you with a consent letter signed by you.

The embassy is closed on Nicaraguan and U.S. Holidays http://nicaragua.usembassy.gov/holidays.html

If you have any further questions or concerns, please send us an email at ACS.Managua@state.gov.
    Sincerely,
    The American Citizens Services Unit
    U.S. Embassy - Managua

Su pasaporte esta listo!

Por favor retire su pasaporte en la Embajada Lunes, Martes, Miercoles o Viernes entre la 1-3 p.m. con su recibo. Si usted perdio su recibo debera presentar una identificacion con foto. Los pasaporte deben retirarse personalmente. En el caso de pasaportes de menores, puede retirarlo uno de los padres. Si no puede retirar el pasaporte personalmente, puede designar a alguien mas que debera presentar una carta de autorizacion firmada por usted.

La embajada esta cerrada los dias feriados Nicaraguenses y Estadounidenses http://nicaragua.usembassy.gov/holidays.html

Si tiene preguntas adicionales, puede escribir a acs.managua@state.gov

Atentamente,
    Seccion de Servicios a Ciudadanos Estadounidenses Embajada de los Estados Unidos, Managua
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Renewing a US Passport from Nicaragua

Oh, I was told that besides the consent letter for someone else to pick it up the old passport that has now holes in it from their canceling it, The old passport must accompany the receipt for the new one along with the signed consent letter...