Thread: Karma

Blog Entries

Default Karma

It's a Bitch...

Been spraying wasps nests the past few days, lots of them, some small, some large, a few dz at least. This afternoon I went to cut some Plantain leaf to feed the hogs with their rations. Some parts of my property you don't touch anything without taking a close look, for some reason the wasps like certain areas more than others. I was not in a "hot" zone and paid absolutely no attention, swung the machete and as soon as it hit I got hit, stung right under my lower lip.

I knew right away it was not the normal type of wasp, we have 3 kinds that are usually a problem; the normal wasp is no big deal,their nest are usually up high, I get stung by them all the time when cutting Plantain, another is a red looking wasp that usually makes their nest about head high and their sting is more serious, the 3rd sort usually nest on or near the ground, they are a reddish color too, they are pure bad ass.

Worst I ever got hit was by 3-4 of the bad ones right in the face, whole face swole up, looked like Elephant Man. Not sure which of the red ones got me today but my face is swole up pretty good. Good thing I had eaten a late lunch shortly before being stung, if I tried to eat now I would probably bite through my bottom lip, if it swells anymore it may burst, looks real pretty.

Both the reds ones have a very painful sting that hurts for a good 15-20 minutes, I was happy for the pain to stop, the swelling I can live with.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Karma

Momma used to always put Clorox on stings, or tobacco juice.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Will try the clorox next time, never tried that.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess now we can call you the "Bionic Lip"
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

FINALLY!! Something interesting--was getting bored of the Tomato topic!! Seriously hope u feel better soon, if u have any Benadryl (diphenhydramine) that may help! Glad to hear ur not having any serious allergic reactions. Ice will help with the swelling. Ibuprofen for the pain! I'm guessing you have been biten before. What many do no realize with sever allergies---the severe (deadly) reaction does not happen the first time......as after the first time, the body says holy fuck, I hate that shit, if it comes in me again, I'm kicking ass......so its the 2nd or 3rd time when the real serious problems arise. Take Care.

Blog Entries

This was not too bad, the swelling is going down after a few hours, should be fine by this morning. I always keep some Benadryl on hand, did not take any this time but have in the past.

I was worried the first few times that I might eventually have a bad reaction, so far nothing worse than swelling and I have been stung many, many times, think my record is a dz or so times in a week. Wasps love to nest in Plantain, Coconut, and Citrus trees and that is about 95% of the plant life on my property. Usually I get stung on the hands or arms, but have taken a # of hits to the face, those are always the worst and most painful.

Try to keep them sprayed but it is impossible to find them all.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Tracker jackers!

Blog Entries

Rained over night or I would be out spreading hate and discontent amongst the wasps colonies right now. Got my hand sprayer loaded and ready, just waiting on things to dry up a little more. Going to have to investigate this new area, never been stung there before, they may be getting wise to me. Past few days I hit all the hot spots and was finding plenty.

Lip is back to normal but my jaw is still a little swollen.

Woke up this morning and was thinking about it and had to smile a little. When they attack your face you usually don't see them until it way too late and by that time your eyes are crossed trying to focus on them, kinda like in a movie when something is coming at someone and the camera shows the view. Blurry at best and you know it is not good.
    Ernie K Doe