Thread: CLARO problem?

Blog Entries

Default CLARO problem?

The past month or 2 I have had dozens of people tell me they called me and it goes straight to the no answer message. I really had not thought about it much. Yesterday a friend came by to see me, we were talking and he said "oh I called you this morning and got the buson message", the phone was right on the table where we were sitting, I looked to make sure it was on, it was. About 5 minutes later the message ring comes and sure enough, 1 missed call from my friend's #, he had called a few hours before.

My phone seldom rings anyway but even less so now.

Anyone else having this issue?
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: CLARO problem?

I have not had a problem with the phone other than the continual propaganda that come on it.

I cannot hear it ring either but that is my fault, I am deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other!

Others at times call my attention to it ringing.

As I now need the Blasted thing more and more taking care of business, I ask people to call me twice if it is important.

I also have to check many times during the day and evenings my "Missed Calls"

Other than the harrising BS propaganda I am satisfied with the service.

AND my 435 Cordoba a month Modum for internet.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I just figured it was the phone, that and the fact I seldom carry it around when I am working.

How did you get down to 435 c$ for internet. I am down to around 550 c$, did not think it got any cheaper for the monthly plans but our Claro office is so screwed up they cannot even take payments, you have to pay at the bank or western union.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I guess I have had it way beyond the 18 month contract and paid for the modum, now I only pay for the internet service of the said same modum.

I didn't ask they just did it much to my surprise.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Would take a day to tell what I have been through with Claro the past 8 hours. For the first time I had some excellent customer service. They gave me a temp chip to get online, and I will go down in the morning to return it as they say they got mine fixed, will write an amazing review for one of their employees as he deserves it.

Long story, all here are, kid was sure he would fix it and he did, as always there is more to the story,now I got internet.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Well what ya waiting for? Start pounding that keyboard....

Yeah, we've missed you.

Your pigs, dogs, and coconut trees have become an important part of my life. It's comforting to know that there is at least one other crazy person out there,, fighting the good fight, - - or at least banging his head against the wall.

There IS talent in Nicaragua, I just don't think Claro hires and encourages it. It's a management issue,, and not unique to Claro.

Blog Entries

My internet had went out day before and I was getting the same message as when you don't pay the bill, but I had paid the week before so just figured there was some mix up as that has happened before. So I get my receipt and at the last minute thought to grab my "Dongle" and a good thing as it was needed. Guy told me no problem, 20 minutes, well I know what 20 minutes here means so I had some errands to run came back an hour later, a bit longer, went to visit some friends and went back 2 hours later, a bit longer, 2 hours later I go back, still not fixed. Have wasted my whole day messing with this had no intention to even leave the house as I had work to do.

I explained to the young man that I was getting a little hot, about to start jumping up and down, understanding it was not his fault but I need some relief and I need it now, not in "20 minutes". He got with the manager, they got me a chip that would work and said they would cal me when mine was fixed. Called about 5 to say mine was ok, so another trip out today to make the switch.

The guy was on with the Claro tech support all day, everytime I went in he was working on it, usually here this would have been a week long ordeal that would have probably still not have resolved the problem. He called me through the day to let me know how things were going, he made an effort and that is a lot here.

I would almost bet mine is still not fixed and no one will have a clue what was wrong with it, they will send me home with it and it will not work. I will take my "Dongle" with me when I go and make them show me everything works, if I waste my time with these guys today I will snap.

Have 101 things I am trying to do around the house in the next few days and the deadline is approaching on those so I can't waste my time with Claro but I need internet the next few days too.

The upside of it all was the young man at Claro, we did go above and beyond (especially for Claro), He was pleasant and helpful, I hate even going in that office, it is always an ordeal but he made it easier than usual.
    Ernie K Doe

Would a replacement chip be expensive? They are very cheap for the phones. . .

I'm going to need to go down this road next month, or at the latest the month after, to get internet on the farm. I have a DSL in Condega, but am spending progressively more time on the farm, so am out of touch a bit.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Would a replacement chip be expensive? They are very cheap for the phones. . .
    Same chip.

For myself I haul out the chip from the modem, walk it down to the Recargo inside our phone and get it topped up that way.

This will be trip #4 and almost 5 years for our Claro Modem.

Bought one of those 3G wireless hot spots and will see if that works OK for us as as it can swap between Claro and Movi Star to see which performs best.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Chip would have been a few dollars, but I have a contract and not any chip will do, according to the Claro people. Would have gladly paid $5 not to waste my day and then go back again today. People here do not understand that not everyone has all day to sit around on their ass. Was leaving the office this morning and the manager was showing up a fashionable late 40 minutes, she told me see you have no patience, yes I said,wanted to punch her in the face, no patience, all day and now back again. Time means nothing.

I have slowed down a lot but it kills me when people consume my time, not that I am doing anything important but I would rather waste my own time than someone else doing it for me.

The young man was helpful and pleasant again this morning, kid will never last there.
    Ernie K Doe

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

I have slowed down a lot but it kills me when people consume my time, not that I am doing anything important but I would rather waste my own time than someone else doing it for me.
    Truer words were never spoken...we're supposed to answer that phone when it rings? I didn't know...
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

If you are ever having a day that you feel is going too well, just step into your local Claro office.

Today they told me the problem with my internet is because I changed my contract. I then explained (or tried to) that a contract usually involves 2 parties and this party has made no changes, nor have I been notified of any.

Getting a straight answer from the office here has slightly better odds than hitting the Powerball 2 drawings in a row.

They got it working again, somehow. I saw some SIM card changing and lots of chatter behind the glass in the office, everyone in the office cringes when they see me. I have gone up to 2 years without going in there (they cannot accept payment there, or could not, had to pay at the Western Union), When they see me they know I have a problem. I have had 3G since it got here, should have just paid the $ and ran a cable but it was going to be crazy and people always like to steal the cable for the Copper.

Anyway it is working great now, will see how long it lasts. I am so happy to just have Internet but some days it is a pain in he ass.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Every time I have to go to Claro this story pops in my head. This story is 8 years old and still true to this day.

Hamburger Sandwich, I wish there was you tube back then.

http://www.nicaliving.com/node/5991
    Ernie K Doe

Our latest claro momment-- sunday night my service went down, so I took the modem to another computer and got the same problem )no connection or connection too slow to access the internet). So I dropped it till the next day when I made several attempts with the same result. Well I was on house arrest for the week (mason working on the property) so I just lived without. It sure would have been nice to have internet to intertain myself while I was periodically telling him how to do his job. Tuesday he moved on to other work outside the house that he knew how to do, so I locked up and snuck the modem to my stepdaughter who was willing to brave Claro when she could get downtown. Wed. they ``coundn`t attend`` but thursday they did the absolute unthinkable--they talked to here AND admitted that they had a software problem and they would reprogram the modem at no cost to me. And the the unbelievable mushroomed-- they returned the modem on Saterday as promised and it worked!!!

too bad they didn`t just email sunday and tell me to bring in the modem.....they were aware of their software problem.

other than that, since I have been paying my 2 claro bills online on my lafise account and keeping both an electronic and handwritten record of the payments, claro and Correos have not been able to jerk me around as in the previous years....yet.

the bad news? claro nuisance measages on my cel seem to have gone up from 3 per day to 8.

Blog Entries

For me it is usually a big inconvenience to go to the office and then they give you the 30 minute, 1 hour, 1 day,week, or year story. They could just tell me it is broke, that I can understand. Do not tell me come back in an hour and when I come back they say oh another hour or tomorrow, makes me crazy, I am a busy man. I like to be at home sitting down or laying in the hammock.

Don't think it is that they want to lie to me I just think they do not know. Within 2 months my bill dropped from 550 cords to 350, last month when I was having all the problems thy told me I must be using up all my time or such, having unlimited plan I found that hard to swallow ( and I do not upload or download). They told me my contract had changed, was news to me and I advised them that contracts generally involve 2 parties. They tell me ok, ok, they can fix everything but my bill will go back up to 550 cords, fine I say, I never signed up for anything else. Went in to pay the other day 350 cords. Told the guy I thought it was going back up, he said yes he did too.

See what this month brings. I spent about 100 cords in taxis last month going down there maybe I got a discount on my bill for that.

Shake head, rinse, repeat.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Hahhaha,,, Since my CLARO modem bill went down, I have had much better (faster) internet. Not as fast as some of that Souped up stuff I hear about, but it works for me.. Then a lot of times at the office to the plant the TURBO NET is useless.

So I just break out my modem and get my work done..

Blog Entries

Was out yesterday so figured I might as pay internet. 509 cords now. I will never cease to be amazed here.
    Ernie K Doe

I was in Claro trying to get Claro Casa to replace my conventional phone and dsl internet. I've dealt with this woman before, a lazy slug if there ever was one. We went round and round a bit. Anyone who has had any sales training knows that "overcoming objections" is a big part of the sales strategy. Claro does just the opposite: >>You don't own the house? No. >>Well, you will have to have the house owner make any changes. OK, I'll go get Albaro. >>We can't initiate an order for Casa Claro here in Condega, has to be done in Estelí (I'm sitting next to this big, colorful poster touting Casa Claro). OK, Albaro and I will make the trip to Estelí. Is there anything else I should know? >>It's not available in Condega. Well, I just came from my scumbag lawyer's office and he has Casa Claro and says the internet is much faster than my dsl. >>It was available earlier (antes), but it's not available now. OK, I would like some television. How about a dish? >>YOu can only get a dish if you live in the campo. If there is cable available, Claro won't install a dish . . .

At this point, maybe realizing the stupidity of what she had just said, she pulls all the coinage out of her cash drawer, stacks it on the desk, and begins to count it, studiously ignoring me.

Does everyone in Nicaragua pay in 1 cord coins?

The thing is, I don't think that Claro's business WOULD be improved by better customer service. They have you by the short and skinny and they know it.

Blog Entries

DSL performance starts to tank seriously after 1 to 1.5 Km from the central switch.

If you are more than 3KM from the closest switch you will have really substandard service.

-->Just googled it 17,000 ft from the last Central Office Switch is the ragged end of DSL service.

Blog Entries

Had to laugh my 300 cord service was alot better than my 500 cord service. Sunday they must have been doing something with the system, it was off and on all day. Since Sunday it is SLOW, dial up speed (or less) difficult to even check e-mail. I try to get on a page and stay, takes 2-3 times to load most pages and then they are a mess, pictures and stuff do not load.

Hate going to Claro here, people are friendly enough but the shite they try to feed you makes my belly hurt, head too.

Luckily I don't care much about fast internet as I don't download anything, which would be impossible the way it is now, but being able to just surf the web I want and I am paying for.

Bright side to every thing I guess, at least electric has been good this week.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Apparently Kevin and I learned something new today by Da Fazebook - If you set up a tent in front of a Claro office a Magic Pixie with a laptop will show up and make all your phone and internet issues go away ...

Who da thunk it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Apparently Kevin and I learned something new today by Da Fazebook - If you set up a tent in front of a Claro office a Magic Pixie with a laptop will show up and make all your phone and internet issues go away ...

Who da thunk it...
    Nice post....too bad it does not say anything usefull.

You wanna explain?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Sorry - It was in jest

On a FB forum some fellow was extolling Claro experts and you could find one by looking for a "Claro tent with a guy with a lop top"

It is quite a funny banter of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Sorry - It was in jest

On a FB forum some fellow was extolling Claro experts and you could find one by looking for a "Claro tent with a guy with a lop top"

It is quite a funny banter of discussion

The extent of cluelessness never ceases to amaze.