Thread: Boy's I Love ya... BUT...

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Boy's I Love ya... BUT...

There comes a time in any young mans life where a Father that does love you with all his heart has to put his foot down.

Your conduct here in my home has driven me to this decision.

Gerold you are almost 20 now and studying at university.

Johny, you are almost 17, pissed your time in school, so I put you in a trade school, and have yet to see one of your report cards, AFTER I have asked many times. You are hiding something from me and I like it none.

But both of you have not learned a bit of personal responsibility to my liking or to my standards. Your conduct in my home has made the lives of your mother and younger sisters quite unpleasant. So I am going to kill two birds with one stone on this one.

I am gone tell you just the same as my father told my brothers and myself. Boy's you are young men now, and what you do up the street is your own God Damn buisness, But what goes on in MY home is my Effin' business big time.

Your mother and I have agreed to the following.

I am going to ask you to leave my home, but it will be under the following conditions.

1. I am going to provide each of you with the Nicaraguan minimum wage for industrial workers which amounts to 4,150 Cordobas a month each. This means I will give you to support yourself 2075 Cordobas every 15th and 30th each.

2. You are more than welcome to visit us on weekends and to do your dirty laundry here in the machine with my soap powder ON WEEKENDS.

3. You are NOT to come complaining to your mother at any time you are hungry, need shoes, pants, shirts or any of the other nesicisities of life. If you get sick I will help you out there as any Parent would, but that is the exception, and the only exception.

4. You must remain in school, if you do not remain in school your meger minimum wage income will come to a screaching halt and you will be entirely at your own resources.

Now, if my young electrician just out of school can support his mother, his wife and child in a rented house on this income, both of you should be rather on easy street for here. I Love you, but it is time for the both of you to get Real serious in your lives and conduct with others around you.

I know Blasted well you don't act the way you do in my home when I am not here with your mother and sisters around your friends.

Tommrow begins your first paid installment and will follow also on the 15th and the 30th from now on out as long as you conform to all of the above..

May You have the intestinal fortitude to do what is right.

End of Prayer Meeting.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Boy's I Love ya... BUT...

You were generous on #1, give them farm worker pay.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    You were generous on #1, give them farm worker pay.
    .... It did cross my mind....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Tough love gotta do it.

Now that you've got the space, can I move in?

Blog Entries

If they're smart, they'll share cheap lodgings and have a little beer money.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Tough love gotta do it.

Now that you've got the space, can I move in?
    You just want access to the casa de gatos across the street.

Blog Entries

I'd say you were quite generous.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Agreed, very generous. I'm gonna have to convince JW to adopt me. I'd go to college in RAAN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    Agreed, very generous. I'm gonna have to convince JW to adopt me. I'd go to college in RAAN.
    You better hurry, at those wages he soon going to have plenty of adoptees.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Some prayer meeting! You laid down the rules, all properly enumerated, and you are being so generous because . . . your dad was generous like that with you? Or ...?

The whole episode leaves this reader wondering: just what was the boys' misconduct there in your house that caused such a charitable eviction, with visiting & laundry privileges no less? (Was that your wife's idea?)

And once KW Pirate moves in, does he have to behave himself too?
    "Lord, let me live until I die." - Will Rogers

Blog Entries

KWP is a bit to old for a woodshed treatment in misconduct, so he would have to kinda toe the civilized line to start with.

The visitation was my idea, I just want them to spread their wings but WTF, I love the crap out of them. There is not the oppertunity for gainful employment here like it was in my youth in the USA unless you are highly skilled.

By their age I already had marketable skills on a fishing boat and I was in demand at the time in the US.

I have to kinda lay most of the blame on their mother. It was a Spring/Winter union and she had never really had much of a youth getting knocked up at 16.

But I took the Cow with the calf, so therein lies my fault in being a part of the situation as well. The calf was not mine, but I took him as mine and have no regrets on that part. He is MINE for all intents and purposes and he has known no other father other than me. I will be his father till the day he dies.

So we had 3 more begats together.

She was so unhappy with the dream she had wanted and got, that she walked out on the 5 of us.

I raised the 4 children as a single father, the youngest at the time was 7 months old. But in order to do it I had to hire 2 women to take care of them and the house needs. With this they became quite slothful and grew into being waited on hand and foot.

After several years of this the mother decided she wanted her family back and had changed her way's.

I had a prayer meeting with the kids and they unanomosly wanted their mother back. I welcomed her home dispite all the advise from everyone including the ladies that work for MIFAMILIA, and all the girls that work in the office.

By this time after a while of her beiing back all of them grew to have no respect for their mother dispite her doing what she should have done to start with.

And the disrespect just escalated to this point where I had to put my foot down. They wanted her gone, but I saw no reason for it as to her new conduct. She is their mother dispite what she did in the past and with her gripes against their conduct I am left with no alturnitive but to agree with her.

They know I will knock their asses down if I wittness back talk or any other major thing that should not be done against their mother.

But when I did wittness a situation against their sisters over a petty thing, it was non violent, but done with a vengance over a small piece of personal property, I decided it was time they needed a taste of being a real man on their own.

They will come around I feel sure.

Blog Entries

The mother of your children is just plain lucky you took her back. Another woman might have taken her place during the 'several years' she left y'all. (But the odds of finding a good woman willing to take on a man with four kids are slim. It's worse for a woman with kids here looking for a man.) At least you could provide for all.

It's understandable the kids would question/disobey a long absent parent's authority. (Even when you're there to enforce the law.) It takes years of trustworthy relationship to earn a person's respect & love.
    "Lord, let me live until I die." - Will Rogers