Thread: Farm in Niquinohomo

Blog Entries

Default Farm in Niquinohomo

1 Manzana or 1.72 acres, more than an acre, of FLAT land with a PAVED road leading to it in central Niquinohomo, NOT rural. Lots of fruit trees: avocado, banana, plantano, limes, lemons, oranges, mandarins, mangoes, coconuts. Two huge chicken “galeras” one in use and one freshly cleaned and painted and ready to go. Bodega for tools and supplies. Workers cottage. Large owners house, typical concrete and wrought iron design, 4 bedrooms, interior garden, lots of other living space, 2 complete bathrooms. Does need a coat of paint. Covered parking. Electricity and potable water plus storage tanks. LOTS of photos available. Niquinohomo is a very safe pueblo that features a much cooler climate than Granada or other close by cities due to its higher altitude. Minutes from Catarina and San Juan de Oriente. Documents in hand.
    120,000 USD
    craftsnica@yahoo.com

fotos:
    http://managua.craigslist.org/grd/4614607056.html.
    Last edited by ejb3; 08-19-2014 at 07:46 AM. Reason: clarity in Manzana, THX kwah, LCT
    political correctedness has run wild and the outrage police are everywhere

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Farm in Niquinohomo

Is not a Manzana something like 100 meters Square measured 100 meters on each of the 4 sides more or less?

This Manzana business STILL has me baffeled... I have "heard" a manzana is a little more than 3 acres US measure... or Hell it could be 4 acres...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Wiki says-

A manzana is a unit of area used in Argentina and in many Central American countries:
    It was originally defined as 10,000 sq. varas.
    Nowadays, it is equivalent to:

• In most Central American countries: it is equivalent to approximately 1.72 acres = 6,961 m2, with small variations in each country

And a bank site has this-

1 manzana = 1.73 acres
    1 acre = 4,049 square meters
    1 square meter = 10.76 square feet
    1 square foot = 0.093 square meters
    1 meter = 3.28 feet
    1 foot = 0.304 meter
    1 manzana = 10,000 square varas
    1 square vara = 0.70 square meters

Blog Entries

A manzana is a unit of area used in Argentina and in many Central American countries:
    It was originally defined as 10,000 sq. varas.
    Nowadays, it is equivalent to:

• In Argentina: it is equivalent to a hectare (i.e. 10,000 m2)
    • In most Central American countries: it is equivalent to approximately 1.72 acres = 6,961 m2, with small variations in each country
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I guess that settles that...

I have no idea why I get so lazy about looking things up that are at all of our finger tips...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

There is a 150 Mz farm close to me for sale, but: no power, and you'd need a 4WD to get there (and a horse or mule if it was a bad rain year). 1200 meters, beautiful country and safe. Mature coffee.

I can make discreet (have Ariana do it) inquiries if anyone is interested. This is a real FYL type of place, perfect for a hermit.

Blog Entries

http://managua.craigslist.org/reo/4757815594.html

[QUOTE=ejb3;141469]1 Manzana or 1.72 acres, more than an acre, of FLAT land with a PAVED road leading to it in central Niquinohomo, NOT rural. Lots of fruit trees: avocado, banana, plantano, limes, lemons, oranges, mandarins, mangoes, coconuts. Two huge chicken “galeras” one in use and one freshly cleaned and painted and ready to go. Bodega for tools and supplies. Workers cottage. Large owners house, typical concrete and wrought iron design, 4 bedrooms, interior garden, lots of other living space, 2 complete bathrooms. Does need a coat of paint. Covered parking. Electricity and potable water plus storage tanks. LOTS of photos available. Niquinohomo is a very safe pueblo that features a much cooler climate than Granada or other close by cities due to its higher altitude. Minutes from Catarina and San Juan de Oriente. Documents in hand.
    120,000 USD
    craftsnica@yahoo.com
    political correctedness has run wild and the outrage police are everywhere

Active TRN Member

Dead link to the Craigslist ad.

IMO trying to sell Nicaragua property on Craigslist is a waste of time although it can be a good source for attracting renters. Encuentra24 is somewhat better.

Word of mouth sells property like this in Masaya and Carazo so tell everyone you meet and e-mail people directly if you have not already done so. Also, put up a really big, garish sign in front of the property, you may be surprised at how many people ring the bell.

Also, no offence, but it is a bit of a stretch to call one manzana a farm. Perhaps calling it a quinta would be more accurate.