Thread: Kids Playing

Blog Entries

Default Kids Playing

This one made me think of something Andrew Colucci said, "the way kid play shows that we're all the same." My brother's more cynical comment was "That changes when the kids hit adolescence and after they're taught who they are and who they don't play with." Two Nicaraguans; two North Americans. I also see Nicaraguan girls playing pick up soccer games with the boys, not many, but some. Since I often leave my house lights on after dark, I seem to get kids playing under them in the early evenings. I have no idea where the ball is at this point. Later in the evening, it almost made it into my house.

Camera geek details -- flash, Sony A6000, SEL 35mm lens, shutter priority.

Default Re: Kids Playing

Great pic!

But, the discrimination starts earlier. Shelley was not allowed to play with Indian (native American) kids when she was a girl.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kids Playing

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Great pic!

But, the discrimination starts earlier. Shelley was not allowed to play with Indian (native American) kids when she was a girl.
    Bigotry has to be taught by evil or stupid parents and an evil or stupid culture.

I was discouraged from playing with working class children, black or white. Getting over being stupid about blacks was easier than getting over being stupid about working class whites (took my students and some union organizers to do that). My mom had fits that I played with a service station worker's daughter in Seneca, SC. She grew up to be a photographer.