Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Flinstones

Blog Entries

Default Meet the Flinstones

I hear a lot of funny quotes and occasionally have one of my own. Yesterday I was riding with 2 men, the form of transportation was only 1 step up from pedal power and we were passing by people under black plastic roofing who were breaking rocks with small hammers. The quote from one was something to the effect that we are living in the land of the Flinstones, and it was not far off base.

Have not had much time to write lately, most of the past 2 months I have been involved in a project that has kept me busy, off the streets, not menacing society, and creating much needed jobs, amazingly it is not evangelicals that took me in.

Still a ways from telling the tale as the end is not yet in clear sight, but I am starting to catch a glimpse of it on the horizon now and then. Truly an amazing project that many people (myself particularly) will be very proud of.

The other day I told a friend that my Legacy here would be reintoducing Okra to the Atlantic Coast, he called BullShit, said what about what you are working on now, and more to come, humbled me some. This project will benefit generations to come and I will be one of the Crazy White Men that made it happen.

Next rain days I will try to figure out how to start this tale, the ending is still a ways off.

I am Sunburned, Mosquito Bitten, Dog Ass Tired, and my internet connection is crap 8pm and I am going to bed.
    Last edited by cookshow; 08-23-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Meet the Flinstones

After reading ur posts the past 3 or 4 yrs..I have no doubt u will leave behind a legacy! You have done some pretty neat stuff, especially helping out the young kids. As they say, your good people.

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I hear a lot of funny quotes and occasionally have one of my own. Yesterday I was riding with 2 men, the form of transportation was only 1 step up from pedal power and we were passing by people under black plastic roofing who were breaking rocks with small hammers. The quote from one was something to the effect that we are living in the land of the Flinstones, and it was not far off base.

Have not had much time to write lately, most of the past 2 months I have been involved in a project that has kept me busy, off the streets, not menacing society, and creating much needed jobs, amazingly it is not evangelicals that took me in.

Still a ways from telling the tale as the end is not yet in clear sight, but I am starting to catch a glimpse of it on the horizon now and then. Truly an amazing project that many people (myself particularly) will be very proud of.

The other day I told a friend that my Legacy here would be reintoducing Okra to the Atlantic Coast, he called BullShit, said what about what you are working on now, and more to come, humbled me some. This project will benefit generations to come and I will be one of the Crazy White Men that made it happen.

Next rain days I will try to figure out how to start this tale, the ending is still a ways off.

" . . I am Sunburned, Mosquito Bitten, Dog Ass Tired, and my internet connection is crap 8pm and I am going to bed.

La Buena Vida in Nicaragua. Doesn't get much better. Why spend your life in air conditioned luxury when you can be miserable -- and happy.

Blog Entries

I look forward to seeing Harrison Ford portray you in the movie version...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I look forward to seeing Harrison Ford portray you in the movie version...
    If Harrison Ford is going to play this role, he'd better get started right away. Otherwise, by the end of filming, instead of being about a project involving rocks, it might be about a project being watched from a rocker.
    "Find out what it is in life that you don't do well - and then don't do that thing." -The most Interesting Man in the World

Blog Entries

Yeah, Indy is getting pretty long in the tooth. It was a joke about his movie Miskito Coast.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Canuck View Post
    After reading ur posts the past 3 or 4 yrs..I have no doubt u will leave behind a legacy! You have done some pretty neat stuff, especially helping out the young kids. As they say, your good people.

AMEN... Cookshoe has earned his right in the annals of DAC History... God Bless him and several others in the same Blasted Boat...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Forging on, what we though might take a month (no one involved is nieve to how things work here) will be at the 2 month mark next week, and we have at least a month to go. The modest budget was thrown out a window a few weeks ago. Along the way there has been more crazy shit happen than even I can explain.

Still marching on and looks we will make this happen.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Can we get a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by kiler View Post
    Can we get a hint?
    The suspense is killing us

Are there any Chinese working on the project?

Blog Entries

Funny you should mention Chinese, a few are staying here at the same hotel but they are not involved with the Canal they have their own project going.

No Chinese involved in the project I am doing, but it is early in the week and the way things been going and it being Nicaragua I would not rule out anything.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Where lead floats and cork sinks?

We must deal with that part as well.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kiler View Post
    Can we get a hint?
    Planting Coconut. Sorry my internet has been SHIT.......
    Ernie K Doe

Planting Coconut. Sorry my internet has been SHIT.......
    Great idea. Hard to believe no-one thought of it before.

Blog Entries

Yea we were chatting last night and he just disappeared as if he had good sense...

Blog Entries

Very little sense, even less internet.
    Ernie K Doe

Well dang I was hoping for some planting pics . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    Well dang I was hoping for some planting pics . . .

Me Too.

Still not planting yet.
    Ernie K Doe

My goodness,
    you have a shovel...there are thousand of trees available...what is the problem..? Dig and you can sell the rocks..sounds like a FDC issue..great visiting with you...really great!

Blog Entries

Could not plant today, spent much of the day counting empty beer cases, then figuring out how to tie them to a cart.
    Ernie K Doe

Could not plant today, spent much of the day counting empty beer cases, then figuring out how to tie them to a cart.
    How many Nicas to count 37 empty cases of beer?...Answer: five plus now a Gringo...the real problem is the gringo was trying to make it 38 empty cases

Blog Entries

One more recount and 38 would have been an attainable goal. 37 cases of beer bottles got counted in 3 languages about a dozen times, amazing the fun you can have sitting on a porch.
    Ernie K Doe

One more recount and 38 would have been an attainable goal. 37 cases of beer bottles got counted in 3 languages about a dozen times, amazing the fun you can have sitting on a porch.
    In defense of the "counters" they had to stop 4 times as the street to El Bluff's only five star hotel is just wide enough for a Moto taxi. The hand cart to haul the beer was just as wide...so cart had to be moved several times to allow Moto taxis to pass..then the rope issue....again a recount while they un braided the rope so they had another 3 meters of line...yes, indeed, fun on the porch

Blog Entries

Welcome to Paradise is all I can say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast