Thread: Possible Darwin Award?

Blog Entries

Default Possible Darwin Award?

political correctedness has run wild and the outrage police are everywhere

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Possible Darwin Award?

Feel more for the kid.. Imagine the trauma of let alone seeing a head wound @9, but being associated to it...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Feel more for the kid.. Imagine the trauma of let alone seeing a head wound @9, but being associated to it...
    I am with you there, that aspect of it truly does suck, what were her parents thinking?!

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

I'm all for kids getting the proper training on how to handle guns, I was taught at an early age how to respect them, .....but why a uzi??? No practical reason for that. Yes totally feel for the young girl!!

Blog Entries

Dumb instructor, traumatized kid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Feel more for the kid....
    Sympathy for the dead instructor would be pointless.

You just never know when a 9 year old will need to defend herself (& classmates?) with an Uzi.

What is the average IQ for gun-owners versus people who own no guns? Perhaps EQ would be a more telling measure. Certainly the NRA would never allow Federal funding for such a study. Still, one wonders. It's to everyone's advantage that the USA's well-armed militias be somewhat intelligent and preferably composed of members older than 9.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Co-worker showed me a video of this amazing young girl (maybe the same age as the one in this news story) who did a target circuit - First revolver, then automatic pistol, then bolt action , then shot gun and then finished off with AR 15 .

She was calm cool and very professional picking off every target. Instructor who looked equally skilled by her side.

Kudos to her for the skill no mater how disturbing the under tones. And for her age it was jaw dropping..

Blog Entries

Maybe a childrens' militia would be the answer to our military-industrial budget woes.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

My suspicion is that the instructor goofed-- most likely because of the short stature of the student he was standing over the girl. Bad move, instructors are supposed to be behind. Like driving or any number of sports, you only need to make one mistake to invite disaster. Take care.

I`m not familiar with the Uzi, however, a heavy gun firing the small 9mm should not ride up significantly. I took a relative to a range in Vegas where she shot an mp5 and I shot a thompson. I had warned her in advance of muzzle rise but neither one of us noticed it in fact.

If I were training anyone on a rifle, pistol bullet or no, semi or full, they would do a lot of single shots first, followed by a bunch of 3 round bursts, etc. before they got anywhere near full magazine. When you teach people, you have to know that some people will screw up anything so you make them walk before they run. Unless the instructor was grossly hanging over the kid, any severe rise was probably a panic responce due to poor training, not any magical power of the gun or the bullet. I took my grandson out shooting not far from White Hills when he was 7, great time had by all. This years project is to give him the basics of a point and shoot so next year I can move him up to dslr.

As far as IQ, firearms ownership in America is a matter of character, If you have the character, the IQ will work itself out.

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Currently up in Saskatoon Canada....and people here for the most part like thier rifles.......This story has been on the radio a fair bit...people calling in......And no 1 can understand why they are teaching a 9 yr old on how to use a weapon thats only real person is for killing people???? Def not an animal hunting wpn. I have no issue kids being taught to fire an appropriate rife---parents had no common sense in this situation!!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    My suspicion is that the instructor goofed-- most likely because of the short stature of the student he was standing over the girl. Bad move, instructors are supposed to be behind. Like driving or any number of sports, you only need to make one mistake to invite disaster. Take care.

I`m not familiar with the Uzi, however, a heavy gun firing the small 9mm should not ride up significantly. I took a relative to a range in Vegas where she shot an mp5 and I shot a thompson. I had warned her in advance of muzzle rise but neither one of us noticed it in fact.

If I were training anyone on a rifle, pistol bullet or no, semi or full, they would do a lot of single shots first, followed by a bunch of 3 round bursts, etc. before they got anywhere near full magazine. When you teach people, you have to know that some people will screw up anything so you make them walk before they run. Unless the instructor was grossly hanging over the kid, any severe rise was probably a panic responce due to poor training, not any magical power of the gun or the bullet. I took my grandson out shooting not far from White Hills when he was 7, great time had by all. This years project is to give him the basics of a point and shoot so next year I can move him up to dslr.

As far as IQ, firearms ownership in America is a matter of character, If you have the character, the IQ will work itself out.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

There's another case where the kid was the one who shot himself when he lost control of yet another Uzi that the teenage range master didn't want him to shoot, but Dr. Daddy insisted his son should be allowed. http://abcnews.go.com/US/father-chri...ry?id=12565132 Eight year old boy, that one.

Most of the people I know who had proper training on guns started with bb or pellet rifles, then 22s, and the parents were careful to make sure the kids knew the damage bullets could cause.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post

The thing with this one and the other one is the guns were being used as entertainment for people who hadn't had a lot of experience with any kind of gun. I've never fired an Uzi, but I've held one and it's not at all a heavy weapon (the Calico was heavier). http://world.guns.ru/smg/isr/uzi--mi...ini-uzi-e.html Both the Uzis involved in the two recent fatalities were mini or micro Uzis. The point of these sorts of rent-a-full-auto is selling ammo and kicks to the punters and not arms training. The sad one was the kid who shot himself after his father told the teenaged range master to let his son fire the weapon after the range master tried twice to talk him out of it. In the girl's case, the range master just had her fire one shot before going full-auto. These sorts of carnival venues have nothing to do with gun training. These were kids who I would seriously doubt ever fired any kind of weapon before the fatalities. "Wow, guns and burgers, let's stop and let the kids have some fun."

The people who set up the gun show in New England are being tried for manslaughter. The father apparently isn't being tried, but they're playing his video of the child's death in court, and may be playing it over again in slow motion (he gets to close his eyes).

Blog Entries

Crazy how we tut tut over a handful of gringos doing dumb stuff with guns, and ignore the Muzzie terrorists equipping little kids with AK47s on a regular basis, or the Aussie son of a converted terrorist posing for social media with the severed head. There's dumbass behavior, and then there's evil...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Crazy how we tut tut over a handful of gringos doing dumb stuff with guns, and ignore the Muzzie terrorists equipping little kids with AK47s on a regular basis, or the Aussie son of a converted terrorist posing for social media with the severed head. There's dumbass behavior, and then there's evil...

To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I think some things (Israel/Palestine), both sides have lost the plot. If there was a way to give all of them ethnic amnesia, that would be a good thing.

And we uncorked the nasty that Saddam Hussein was keeping corked up -- not in the nicest of ways, but now, we see what he was up against.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    And we uncorked the nasty that Saddam Hussein was keeping corked up -- not in the nicest of ways, but now, we see what he was up against.
    Amen and well said.

The problem is that his followers (Sunni military) are now the bad (understatement) guys.

Seems like in that part of the world, there are no good guys....certainly no Muslim good guys.....everyone hates everyone.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Amen and well said.

The problem is that his followers (Sunni military) are now the bad (understatement) guys.

Seems like in that part of the world, there are no good guys....certainly no Muslim good guys.....everyone hates everyone.

Um, we're all part bad and part good, comes with the vertebrate condition (I've been watching the antics in my aquariums).

Blog Entries

gringos doing dumb stuff with guns, and ignore the Muzzie terrorists equipping little kids with AK47s
    thanks for pointing out the difference between the Civilized world and the Terrorist world we keep hearing about from Western leaders

"Muzzie", now that is interesting. Is that a new pseudo-slur folks are tossing around around in the US? Y'know like Blackies in Ferguson or Hebies in Tel Aviv?

Seems like this thread has sparked the ire of the pro-gun nuts. Good. "Attention! Skipper of the NRA-Concordia, Cap´n it appears your listing hard to port, your bilge pumps are overwhelmed, reckon you can keep bailing, abandon ship or go down with her, OVER and OUT"

Blog Entries

Like the late Carrol O'Conner said in his "ARCHIE BUNKER" charactor....

THERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF ME IN ALL OF YOU!

So Effit, I accept my part in being who I am and how I think....

Blog Entries

want a new avatar? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwNA9CwOhbk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ejb3; 09-05-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Perfect!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Perfect!
    Yours LCT is perfect... It Fits you being the house SOB