Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to managua for visa

Blog Entries

Default Re: Going to managua for visa

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Say, is it just coincidental that you picked that hotel and you list your location as Kona, Hawaii ...?

Looks like a nice place, convenient too.
    YES, I LIVED IN THE KONA AREA PRETTY MUCH FOR 30 STRAIGHT YEARS.......I'm "retired" now.....wanted to do some traveling and make the most of my "fixed income" so........HERE I AM!.......
    It's ALL small stuff........

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuky View Post
    YES, I LIVED IN THE KONA AREA PRETTY MUCH FOR 30 STRAIGHT YEARS.......I'm "retired" now.....wanted to do some traveling and make the most of my "fixed income" so........HERE I AM!.......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Luster in Chief Jimmy Carter's Avatar
    the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile

Y'all are missing the most important post:

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunkie77003 View Post

I like hootors in bello horizonte personally though.
    There's a Hooter's in MGA?? Why, I may just have to go visit my friend, Presidente-for-Life and the lovely La Chamuca. One can have lust in one's heart, even at 90 y/o!
    I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. Maybe if I had gotten laid, I wouldn't be such a nincompoop?

Blog Entries

Jimmy,

It is not exactly as you imagine, it is a Hotel owned by Islanders that used to work on Cruise Ships. I have stayed there a few times and you can bring your own Chicas, but none on staff. Nice place though and cool owners.

Across the Street is perhaps one of the most important Costena spots in Nica, Country Club. AHHH, the Country Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
    Y'all are missing the most important post:

There's a Hooter's in MGA?? Why, I may just have to go visit my friend, Presidente-for-Life and the lovely La Chamuca. One can have lust in one's heart, even at 90 y/o!
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Good to hear from you Jimmy. Hope you are well.

I always wanted to tell you, I voted for you, was in 2nd grade, we had an election. I think that was the same morning I found (and tasted) a 6 pack of Old Milwaukee on the way to school. My class you swept. Oddly enough I keep in touch with about 75% of those in that class and they are all Republicans now.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

PS- Got my visa extended for 90 days at Metro Centro.......FYI- THEY ONLY TAKE CORDOBAS AS PAYMENT! (500cords/month)......I thought it was amusing.......the guy got out a calculator to determine how many days I had on my visa! (90 of course).......Like they wouldn't normally just keep a running 90th day record?..........PPS The taxi driver didn't know where the Hotel Aloha was....(EVERYBODY knows where Backpackers is......).I finally found it from Metrocentro......Google Maps had it in the wrong place.......Metrocentro is very impressive, very fancy, and of course, VERY overpriced!.......

PS- Got my visa extended for 90 days at Metro Centro.......FYI- THEY ONLY TAKE CORDOBAS AS PAYMENT! (500cords/month)......I thought it was amusing.......the guy got out a calculator to determine how many days I had on my visa! (90 of course).......Like they wouldn't normally just keep a running 90th day record?..........PPS The taxi driver didn't know where the Hotel Aloha was....(EVERYBODY knows where Backpackers is......).I finally found it from Metrocentro......Google Maps had it in the wrong place.......Metrocentro is very impressive, very fancy, and of course, VERY overpriced!.......

They did it on the spot? How long did it take, long line, or ?? Building easy to find?
    More detail please
    All in all, cheaper than leaving the country, unless you were going anyway,, and probably a lot less time.

Side note:

When I left via the airport Wed, the migration guy couldn't find my entry. I had the paper ticket. . . . he was examining it closely when I told him I came in from Honduras by land.

They maintain two separate "systems" for lack of a better work,, air and land. When I told him I entered via El Espino from Honduras, he found me there.
    World is getting smaller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    They did it on the spot? How long did it take, long line, or ?? Building easy to find?
    More detail please
    All in all, cheaper than leaving the country, unless you were going anyway,, and probably a lot less time.

Side note:

When I left via the airport Wed, the migration guy couldn't find my entry. I had the paper ticket. . . . he was examining it closely when I told him I came in from Honduras by land.

They maintain two separate "systems" for lack of a better work,, air and land. When I told him I entered via El Espino from Honduras, he found me there.
    World is getting smaller.
    THIS IS MY REPLY (lost it last time) Probably took total of 2 hours.......When I came on Tuesday they wanted me to fill out a long questionnaire in Spanish so I had a lady at the hotel help me fill it out and returned the next day about 10:30am Then things went really fast (no line) once I had 1) photocopies of picture page and visa stamp pages of passport (which can be done right next door for 10cords) and 2) 1500 cordobas to pay extension.........And yes....RIGHT THEN AND THERE!........Office is on the bottom level of the "mall"......there are signs pointing to it.....

Blog Entries

Remember Amigos, you can NOT extend your visa BEFORE it expires....only on or after expiration date (they might cut you a day or two slack......) Extension of 90 day tourist visa can only be done ONE time and then you MUST leave the country and start over again......

Remember Amigos, you can NOT extend your visa BEFORE it expires....only on or after expiration date (they might cut you a day or two slack......) Extension of 90 day tourist visa can only be done ONE time and then you MUST leave the country and start over again......
    That's interesting, not before it expires . .. .

The car permit is extendable 3 days before it expires, only.

Enquiring minds would ask PORQUE ? but what would be the point.

Blog Entries

They will do it in advance but not more than a few days unless the expiration is falling during a Holiday or something. Last renewal I did I only needed a month but was unsure and got 2 months but it was 10-12 days before mine expired. I explained to the guy the circumstances and they did it.
    Ernie K Doe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12