Thread: Renewing drivers license

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Renewing drivers license

This is what worked for one furrener in Esteli in Oct 2014. Your mileage may vary.

Go to Banpro at 0820, pay c200 for a minuta to renovar licencia.
    Go to Cruz Roja for a c125 eye exam
    Stop somewhere to get photocopy of drivers licence and cedula
    Go to Transito to find out they no longer do drivers licenses.
    Go to PN, line up in back, get moved to AC`d interior in a group and get processed rapidly.

Wham, Bam, Thanya Mam, out before 1100 with shiny new license good for 5 years.

When I was talking to the guy with the compu and webcam, as I was half way through the sentence telling him I had a new address he rattled off my address, phone number, wife`s name, and blood type. One data base seems to have everything on you. Pretty scary for a libertarian paradise.

Wish somebody at PN would give seminars to Banpro on how to do things fast and efficient.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Renewing drivers license

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    . . . a libertarian paradise.
    Indeed? Citizens do have the freedom, I suppose you could say, to vote for Daniel, not that there's much choice nowadays. People are free to be damned well poor - there's that too. Expats may feel liberated from the shackles of Northern societies here, with their pockets full of dollars, but it's an illusion. Most still bear the same mindset.

... to do things fast and efficient.
    So why did you come to Nicaragua? As I see it, the decision to come here is a conscious vote to step back into the last century.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Have you ever had the opportunity to use the Nica license in the US (with success)?

Do you maintain a US license as well?

" .. ..So why did you come to Nicaragua? As I see it, the decision to come here is a conscious vote to step back into the last century.
    "

More like a Planet of the Apes kind of thing, with the smog, and a Mercury 8; a tear in the time-space continuum a lá Back To The Future, with Biff played by DO.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

as I was half way through the sentence telling him I had a new address he rattled off my address, phone number, wife`s name, and blood type. One data base seems to have everything on you. Pretty scary for a libertarian paradise.
    "All to better distribute Rice, Beans and Zink" says the wolf to LRR
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

First, you right ``As I see it, the decision to come here is a conscious vote to step back into the last century.`` Living here is voluntary primitivism. But bad customer service is bad customer service and Banpro is notorious for having customers lined up to the door while only 1 teller station in 3 is open. Sorry if my praise of th Esteli PN offends, but the PN are just as Nicaraguan as Banpro. Nicaraguans may have to live in a previous century, but not all of them want to.

As far as drivers licences, if you are a legal resident of Nic your Nic license is your license when visiting the US or elsewhere. Technically, it is probably practical but not legal to have a US license if you are a Nic resident, although this and others things often fall into a catch 22 situation. If you are not a Nic. resident then you are the resident of some state and would have that states`s license.

No ,I haven`t used a Nic license there but I plan too and check into getting a state ID to go with it to have an English ID that people are familiar with. Meanwhile I guess I will have to carry my passport. Wish I would have gotten one of the little card type passports to go with my book one. Yes, I know many US store clerks do not know what a passport is!

Blog Entries

PS: cudos to PN, a couple of weeks ago they just sprouted a huge paved parking lot. Condolenses to the fans of dust and mud.