Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Swamp People

  1. #1
    guaro y mujeres ejb3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wrong Sider
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Swamp People

    This weekend I was watching a little "Swamp People" on History and Teresa Edwards made the following statement while describing a boat crash she was in 6 years ago: "I cain't swim worth a lick!"

    swamp
    swämp/
    noun
    noun: swamp; plural noun: swamps
    1.
    an area of low-lying, uncultivated ground where water collects; a bog or marsh.


    one could easily imagine her continuing with: "I ain't much fer reedin', ritin' nor cipherin, neetha."

    Seems like she ain't much fer the makeup counter at the Super WalMart neither...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    political correctedness has run wild and the outrage police are everywhere

  2. #2

    Default Re: Swamp People

    Quote Originally Posted by ejb3 View Post
    This weekend I was watching a little "Swamp People" on History and Teresa Edwards made the following statement while describing a boat crash she was in 6 years ago: "I cain't swim worth a lick!"

    swamp
    swämp/
    noun
    noun: swamp; plural noun: swamps
    1.
    an area of low-lying, uncultivated ground where water collects; a bog or marsh.


    one could easily imagine her continuing with: "I ain't much fer reedin', ritin' nor cipherin, neetha."

    Seems like she ain't much fer the makeup counter at the Super WalMart neither...
    I have no clue?l..am I more "out of it " that even I thought.?

  3. #3
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,572
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Swamp People

    I guess she stays in the kitchen all the time, then.

  4. #4
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Swamp People

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I guess she stays in the kitchen all the time, then.
    Naw,bet she can catch more fish than you and I put together, and whip up some hush puppies and slaw to go with them in a Flash....

    Using Hog Laaad fo shortnin of course.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  5. #5

    Default Re: Swamp People

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Naw,bet she can catch more fish than you and I put together, and whip up some hush puppies and slaw to go with them in a Flash....

    Using Hog Laaad fo shortnin of course.


    Baked my first bread with some of the lard from Nicolas today, not bad. I think I might still prefer the Crisco vegetable shortning, but it's hard to find. I've heard all my life: animal fat is bad.

    I didn't think the lard was rendered as well as it could have been, have to look into that for next time. I remember the pure white manteca available in the US.

    Now, if Venezuela could just get rid of their Nicolas as easily as I did mine, life would surely improve for those poor people.
    The Bolivar fell to 100 for the dollar, making the 100 Bolivar note availabe for a buck (that's the black market of course. The official rate is still 6 and change to the dollar).

    But, for Christmas, Maduro is subsidizing Barbie Doll imports. You can buy a $20 Barbie in Caracas for $2.50.

    No TP on the shelf, but plenty of Barbie Dolls.

  6. #6
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,572
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Swamp People

    Mama's little baby loves shortnin' shortnin'

    Mama's little baby loves shortnin' bread.

  7. #7
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Swamp People

    I was talkin' to my Ain't Bobbie one time at a hog kilin, and she was putting something I cannot remember the name of in the hot washpot of grease rendered out.

    I asked her what it was for and she said, "Why Johnny, it makes the lard come out nice and snow white just like CRISCO that's what it's for."

    And it did.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  8. #8
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,572
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Swamp People

    I know you spelled Ain't correctly, it Southern phonetics

Similar Threads

  1. Swamp honeymoon
    By Just Plain John Wayne in forum Blog: Just Plain John Wayne
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 09:38 AM
  2. Do you know these people?
    By tresfrijoles in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:45 AM
  3. Jackson Swamp / Corn Island
    By cookshow in forum Nicaragua Scrapbook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!