Thread: Back ground check - document name

Default Back ground check - document name

Hey guy,

I'm not sure how the civil registry works in Nicaragua, perhaps someone here does. In few words, I would like to find out if a certain set of children belong to a certain mother or not. Is there a registry which is updated as a women has children, as in, her name can be pulled and one can see who her children are. Or must I have the birth documents of each child pulled.

In Costa Rica, they have an online service where if you know the persons cedula # you can type it in and it comes up with such information, but I doubt Nicaragua has such an online database (I have searched but did not find).

I hope I am making myself clear. Any suggestions would help.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Back ground check - document name

I haven't heard of such a thing. Is it like registering your car?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Far as I know the mother is given a record of birth at the hospital and has so long to go and register the child at the Alcaldia it is done for free for a certain time frame, after that there is a cost to doing it. At that time it is asked who is the father, if unknown well it is unknown and she is a single mother with no father to look for. Best I guess for an unwed mother as anyone that has 200 cordobas can claim the child as his own should he desire.

Hahha Miskito Alan's friend "Gamboa" knocked up a girlfriend and he paid another Indian 200 cordobas to sign as the father,and the 200 cordobas late fee and laughed about suckering the stupid cornhole into the deal... Legal it was, now Gamboa has no worries about child support...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Funny, I was just reading that Nepal was enforcing a law saying it would not recognize citizenship of anyone who could not prove both parents were Nepalese. I think they are trying to reel in the single mom thing, but now a huge percentage of the population are stateless! Ergo, if you can`t prove who he is, you can`t prove he is Nepalese, so no cedula, no cush job, etc.

With all the dumped kids here in Nic. it would be a revelation to have a kid`s registry but I wouldn`t expect much voluntary compliance. One could give birth in the country or slums, dump the kid on mom or tia, skip the registration, and head for CR to pick coffee.
    I have heard that a man has no responsibility for kids born out of wedlock unless he claims them, but I have never heard of anybody being forced to support these kids. And it means nothing anyway because he can just go wet to some other country.

If CR has such an online registry it seems like a gross invasion of privacy. In the US you have to wait till they die and then go to Ancestry.com to get the gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Funny, I was just reading that Nepal was enforcing a law saying it would not recognize citizenship of anyone who could not prove both parents were Nepalese. I think they are trying to reel in the single mom thing, but now a huge percentage of the population are stateless! Ergo, if you can`t prove who he is, you can`t prove he is Nepalese, so no cedula, no cush job, etc.

With all the dumped kids here in Nic. it would be a revelation to have a kid`s registry but I wouldn`t expect much voluntary compliance. One could give birth in the country or slums, dump the kid on mom or tia, skip the registration, and head for CR to pick coffee.
    I have heard that a man has no responsibility for kids born out of wedlock unless he claims them, but I have never heard of anybody being forced to support these kids. And it means nothing anyway because he can just go wet to some other country.

If CR has such an online registry it seems like a gross invasion of privacy. In the US you have to wait till they die and then go to Ancestry.com to get the gossip.
    Everything you said is how I understand it as well.

I was surpirsed as well at the CR registry system as well.