Thread: Wanna do bidnes?

TRN Luster in Chief Jimmy Carter's Avatar
    the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile

Default Wanna do bidnes?

Ran across this interesting advertisement:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1996...s#.VNEN-y50a02

Wonder where in NicaLandia this might be best put to use? Freight? Passengers? Mix?

• High speed run from BLU to Port and/or the Corn Islands
    • High speed run Granada to Ometepe
    • High speed runs for the Wang Chung/La Chamuca empire between various Grand Canal "construction sites

Really is a helluva deal - be sure to click through the pics and check out the specs.

Who's in?
    I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. Maybe if I had gotten laid, I wouldn't be such a nincompoop?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wanna do bidnes?

To borrow a phrase from one of my co-workers, "wicked cool."

105' long and a 55' beam with a 11'6" minimum draft though, I doubt I'll find anywhere locally to operate such a monster. What is the average depth of Cocibolca?
    "Find out what it is in life that you don't do well - and then don't do that thing." -The most Interesting Man in the World

Is that coast guard tender still running, Captain D (or something like that) ?

It seems like the engines, generators, and the aluminum would be worth more than the $180K they are asking.

How to get it down there? Stable to sea state 5, OK, but diesel for 2 x 3480 HP engines? Mama mia!

Blog Entries

Well .... This puppy would consume about about 100 gallons per hour per engine for a total of 200 gallons per hour.

Two ways this makes sense.

1. You can buy fuel in Venezuela for US$.05 per gallon.
    2. You are hauling cocaine.

Good Luck!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

One more time...

Read that book I posted about...

the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Well .... This puppy would consume about about 100 gallons per hour per engine for a total of 200 gallons per hour.

Two ways this makes sense.

1. You can buy fuel in Venezuela for US$.05 per gallon.
    2. You are hauling cocaine.

Good Luck!
    Maybe even a couple more ideas:

1. Mount surplus 5" guns and sell it to my good friend and President-for-Life as Nicawawa's first battleship
    2. Paint it in psychedelic colors and bizarre "mystic" symbols and sell it to La Chamuca as Nicawawa's first Presidential (-for-Life) yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    One more time...

Read that book I posted about...

Geez, Louise, quit hawking the danged book! The electrons are on the hard drive for future reading bliss.

And yes, I know "and don't call me Louise"!
    I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. Maybe if I had gotten laid, I wouldn't be such a nincompoop?

convert it to run on cooking oil. i hear thats the cool thing to do nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunkie77003 View Post
    convert it to run on cooking oil. i hear thats the cool thing to do nowadays.

Then you're going to have to invest in a tanker truck to go from McDonalds to McDonalds picking up used french fry oil.

We also need something to fill the boat up for the backhaul. Maybe cocaine up and TP down?

1. Mount surplus 5" guns and sell it to my good friend and President-for-Life as Nicawawa's first battleship
    2. Paint it in psychedelic colors and bizarre "mystic" symbols and sell it to La Chamuca as Nicawawa's first Presidential (-for-Life) yacht

That's the best idea yet, and we don't need to buy the tanker. That's going to cost as much as the boat.

We need a business plan .. .with a business plan we'd be (at least) one up on the canal in terms of attracting investors.

And where do you get surplus 5" guns?
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 02-04-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    And where do you get surplus 5" guns?
    The US Army left a bunch in the middle east. I'm sure the Russians will sell some, and of course China will be happy to sell them. Or N. Korea.

It really needs an LRAD. That would be a blast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

We also need something to fill the boat up for the backhaul. Maybe cocaine up and TP down?

I give ....what is "TP" ?

Blog Entries

Venezuela...

Toilet Paper...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    It really needs an LRAD. That would be a blast.

Every outlet of Curacao, Gallo mas Gallo, et al, has a working LRAD!

Blog Entries

Looks like a back haul of just about anything would work ....http://apnews.excite.com/article/201...79a5705a8.html

"The government is starting to prepare for a social explosion"

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Looks like a back haul of just about anything would work ....http://apnews.excite.com/article/201...79a5705a8.html

"The government is starting to prepare for a social explosion"

" . . .The Venezuelan leader said Samper had been provided with “proof” of the activities of U.S. diplomatic staff in Venezuela and expressed hope that President Barack Obama is unaware of these activities, saying he is giving Obama “the benefit of the doubt.” (Well, that's a pretty good bet).

He (Maduro, not Obama) repeated his accusation that U.S. Vice President Joe Biden was behind the plot, saying the U.S. politician told regional leaders that the Venezuelan government would be “overthrown.” Maduro said presidents of the region had told him this directly at the recent CELAC summit in Costa Rica.

The U.S. applied new sanctions against Venezuela Monday, which were repudiated by Caracas. In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign affairs stated, “The people of Venezuela ratifies their independence and sovereignty. We do not recognize … interference of any kind by foreign powers. . . ."

This bus driver is wackier than the one on The Honeymooners. I doubt that Joe Biden could foment anything.

This COULD somewhat explain those other strange pronouncements by the Nicaragua's canal director. DO has always found SOME one to butter his bread.
    With Venezuela, Russia, and Iran out of the mix now, perhaps Daniel and his wacky (did I use that word already?) sidekick are looking north.
    Big Wang hasn't raised the money for the canal, "other investors welcome, even the Great Satan".

China is intrigued by the geo-political considerations, but put off by the fact that they will never see any repayment of the investment.
    Is a Chinese footprint in CA worth $50 Bil?

We do indeed live in interesting times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
    Every outlet of Curacao, Gallo mas Gallo, et al, has a working LRAD!
    LMAO!