Thread: They are flying to Waspam again....

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default They are flying to Waspam again....

Aerodrome rehabilitated in Waspam

100% NEWSFEBRUARY 20, 2015

LaPrensa..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: They are flying to Waspam again....

Oh Lord what a mess, last time I saw that air strip it was in worse shape than San Carlos...

Glad they got it cleaned up and going again for those that want to fly in and out of there. I made the trip in and out of there several years ago, had to buzz the place to get the live stock run off before landing..
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I flew La Costena into San Carlos for a "Sporty" Fishing Trip with my son a number of years ago......He had never experienced a dirt runway and he bout s**t himself on landing due to the noise and bumps.

Used to fly a Cessna 310 into Deadmans Cay in the Bahamas and it was SOP to buzz the runway to clear the goats.

Ahhh...the good ole days.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

For giggles I looked at the price.. $79 and change each way...

Fence.. Right.. How long is that gonna last..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

I have a few of friends that have Grass Strips and all of them are better than San Carlos. Could not get to Bluefields a few months back, was on stand-by and it was not looking good. Went into the office and talked with a friend, No Problem he said, flight about to leave for San Carlos then it is going into Bluefields. Was myself and another going to Blufields, a family of 4 going to San Carlos. rough ass landing and take off, that strip is a mess. Things got worse. On the new Caravans they have the big screen Radar you can see from about anywhere in the Plane, about 10 minutes into the flight to Bluefields and all I was seeing was deep red, they flew one way, then the other, then up, then down, there was no escaping it, the other passenger and myself both tightened our belts, When they finally started the descent I thought they were landing in Greytown, I have flown in and out of Bliuefields dozens and dozens of times and I would have bet money that was not where we were landing, You could not make out anything on the radar from where I was sitting, except red.

At one point I thought they were looking a flat spot to set down, it was ugly. When we landed the other passenger and I looked at each other in amazement. The ground people promptly dropped my bag in a mud hole but I did not even say a word. Hotel van was waiting and a stiff drink was near.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

At one point I thought they were looking a flat spot to set down, it was ugly.

Nice way of putting it...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

And when you get into The Waspam, You can stay at the Hotel El Piloto.

If the plane ride scared you, here is the other choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
    to rich people in poor countries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    And when you get into The Waspam, You can stay at the Hotel El Piloto.

If the plane ride scared you, here is the other choice.
    That was a rather NICE adventure you invited Jameleth and I to join you on... One of those trips that ya nevah forget...

That 'ole "Bush Pilot", for the life of me I cannot remember his name, I have it somewhere, but would have to dig for it. He owns the Hotel Piloto, and over coffee and breakfast at his place is full of stories about his adventures in the Moskitia of Honduras/Nicaragua areas he flew in, was he not Thom?

Friendly place, friendly people, and nice dog gone local fair in the way of food.

Blog Entries

OK, I'm gone tell it Thom...

Thom and I had a day previous, to our trip to The Waspam by Chicken Bus from The Port, been over at Mr. Dales house to celebrate his daughters I think it was 5th birthday party.

Anyway it was a nice yard party, typical music, dancing, rats and treets and a pinyata for the children and lots of photos.

BUT in the yard of Mr. Dales was a dog gone slew of "Grass Lice" as they call 'em here. CHIGGERS in English. And if you want to be PC about it Chigroes, or Redbugs.. What evah...

But both Thom and I got wrapped up with them all over our bodies. Seems they especially like White Meat.

Now if you have not ever had the distinct dis-pleasure of having a few of these, just a few will make a grown man cry and dig, and dig, and dig a scratching worse that a almost hairless dog with the mange.

These little basturds are very small but yet visible to the naked eye for someone that has good eyesight.

Now these things get on ya and grab a hold of you and inject a poison just into the living flesh that ferments the flesh and they feed on the juices created by this poison sucking it up a still a holding on to ya. And I have nevah in life had anything to itch me as bad as these Suckers do.

The only sure way to get rid of them is to pick 'em off one at the time with a good fingernail and then crush the little basturds between two fingernails on the flat of them.

You can scrub down real good in a bath, use any kind of soap ya want and it does NO good, basturds if shaken loose will only start again on ya in a new place and there makes another small festering itching sore.

They have to be picked off.

We were crying over them, well.. I was anyway, I cannot stand them a getting on me...

Jameleth took and picked off me something like 110+ of these little basturds, and then Thom I believe wound up with the winning number of these external parasite's on his body.

Jameleth picked off of him if I remember right well over 120 of the basturds.. She made us each count em as she killed 'em.

Then a nice rubbing alcohol bath that stings like hell to help cure the sores....

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Thanks for posting, JW, love the chiggers... chegroes thing!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

I just wish you were making it up. Out of focus but...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
    to rich people in poor countries.

Blog Entries

It is one of those things you can laugh and talk about later.. But while they on ya and you have the irresistible urge to scratch till it bleeds.....

They ain't no fun....

TRN Luster in Chief Jimmy Carter's Avatar
    the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile

Lightbulb Re: They are flying to Waspam again....

Two "home" remedies -- won't make you feel 100% but at least 100% better:

• Baking soda and vinegar - make a "runny" paste and apply
    • Aloe vera - aka "salvia"

Leave the first on for 10-15 minutes, rinse, apply the aloe. If you don't have the first, just apply the aloe alone (alliteration, eh?).
    I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. Maybe if I had gotten laid, I wouldn't be such a nincompoop?