Thread: Cheap Flights

Default Cheap Flights

Is everyone else seeing this?

I booked a United flight out of San Jose, CR to Tucson RT for $416 all in.

You sure can't drive for that money

Default Re: Cheap Flights

What are your dates?

I got a round trip on American Airlines from Utah to San Jose for $312 all in. I may just use it to get there though as my return is coming up too soon.
    Soy el chele mono.

Quote Originally Posted by AarontheGreat View Post
    What are your dates?

End of month. Leaving the 25, returning the 11th of May

Blog Entries

AA

Middle of May R/T End of June

Tampa/Managua.....One stop Miami....Coach

$450

Oddly $524 from Miami ....go figure.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

no one here likes the low cost carriers like spirit or jet blue?

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunkie77003 View Post
    no one here likes the low cost carriers like spirit or jet blue?

Jet Blue is OK,

I think Spirit might be run by Sandi's.
    I think of it as the NIcaraguan National Airline.

I've been happy with jet blue in the past if I'm looking for something on the cheap.

TRN Luster in Chief Jimmy Carter's Avatar
    the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile

Another possible cheapo option coming later this year -- Southwest is starting HOU-LIR (Houston Hobby - Liberia Costa Rica) service.
    I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. Maybe if I had gotten laid, I wouldn't be such a nincompoop?

I checked into Spirit. The mga flight in the middle of the night is for the young and foolish, preferably the young and foolish who don't carry maletas. Some of their other flights might pencil out, but again look at the total charge.
    Nuther thing, as they compete for low prices, other things can go down hill. Someone I know just paid $360 to change the date on one leg of a $550 AA RT. $200 to change the date, and 160 'premium' for the date selected. Sad thing, the rt for the 'premium' date was cheaper than the original flight date! And sullen phone voices from AA.

Another thing to warch is total flight time. If your mga/west coast flight goes thru panama or miami, it makes your day much longer. So far for me , United has almost always been the best for vegas or la, money, luggage, and total flight time.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

And the recently announced Huston flight does not look fantastic either. It also arrives at 12:30ish AM and departs at 1:30ish AM

Seems not to connect through northern departure parts for us in Canada - One even routed Buffalo to Fort L and then to Houston for MGA.

The $470 flights available through end March for Sept/Oct/Nov seemed to dry up as well - Most are $650 and upwards now.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

The cheap flights did not seem to last long.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

i dont understand the problem of a midnight flight.
    ill gladly fly in the middle of the night for the savings.

215 dollars round trip to the states? i wont complain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunkie77003 View Post
    i dont understand the problem of a midnight flight.
    ill gladly fly in the middle of the night for the savings.

215 dollars round trip to the states? i wont complain.
    As of recently you only seem to get the $215 if you start and end at FLL from my searches of last March - And then you have a good $200 of fees on top of that - so $450+ is the more likely - and then that is no luggage of note.

Blog Entries

Long as FLL is your destination you are fine with Spirit. Connections can be a wreck as the flights are often late and all of their International flights arrive in FLL about the same time so Immigration/Customs is CRAZY.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Long as FLL is your destination you are fine with Spirit. Connections can be a wreck as the flights are often late and all of their International flights arrive in FLL about the same time so Immigration/Customs is CRAZY.

that might be true. Ive never gone to FLL as a destination, but ive always gotten flights to wherever i am going leaving at early in the A.M/ which words great. By the time we land and debark i get out and through customs (which for me personally, has never been longer than 30 minutes, though i have yet to travel INTO the US with luggage.), and get to whatever terminal im going to and get through security. Or ive had just enough time to get to Miami to catch the early morning flight out.
    Though once on the way to Europe i saved 700 bucks per ticket (traveling for 2) by booking separate flights, one into FLL and one 2 days later out of it, so we stayed with a friend of a friend in the area.

bill_bly_ca - i wasnt searching for FLL, i was searching for Houston in september or october. i cant remember the exact date that i looked at now. But 215 and some change was the final cost, no additional fees or anything. That was the online price too....go into the airport and buy a ticket, and you usually save a few bucks (up to around 10%), so it could even be cheaper. and the luggage isnt an issue since neither my wife or i really ever travel with anything more than a stuffed heavy backpack on our backs

I get thats its not for everyone, but ive flown spirit at least a dozen times now and never had a single problem (other than the return flight to Nicaragua can get annoying because the flight attendants dont speak Spanish, most of the people on the flight dont speak english, and its the most small children i ever see on any individual flight. Add that to the fact that the people flying are generally not used to a certain level or organization, common courtesy, etc. But thats not the airlines fault i guess.).

I would totally choose a major carrier if the difference was like 30 or 40 bucks, but usually the savings are in the hundreds of dollars, per ticket. Ill put up with a lot more if im saving that much.

Blog Entries

I did not think the Spirit / IAH started until June 1 - Or are you talking a different carrier?..

Blog Entries

I looked at the Houston fares a few weeks back, some good prices.

Have had mixed luck with Spirit. 1st time I flew them they cancelled the flight at 10pm, that was years ago when they had first started flying here. Couple of uneventful flights, last time they were 2 hours late leaving MGA, Customs / Immigration was a zoo, so lots of missed connections and pissed off people.

As stated they are often half the price of the other carriers.
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I looked at the Houston fares a few weeks back, some good prices.

Have had mixed luck with Spirit. 1st time I flew them they cancelled the flight at 10pm, that was years ago when they had first started flying here. Couple of uneventful flights, last time they were 2 hours late leaving MGA, Customs / Immigration was a zoo, so lots of missed connections and pissed off people.

As stated they are often half the price of the other carriers.
    When you add charges for checked bags, carry on bags, seats, snacks, drinks, etc., SPIRIT ends up being just as expensive for worse service. I do everything to avoid flying Spirit.

We got tickets a month ago for September - $411 flying out of Detroit into MGA (through Atlanta going down and Houston on way back) on AA. Daytime flights as well. Seems like I got a pretty sweet deal.

Don't serve my area, but they do seem to be pretty up front about what you are getting-

Got a United out of MGA one way to Tucson for $285 with all taxes, United bought on Expedia.

A lot of the same next week.

Follow up on the cheap flight:
    Good seat next to a smiling Mexican cutie with the center seat between us empty. That was the good news.

She quickly switched seats with an older woman in her group from the row behind us, and they turned out to be missionaries on their way from Nicaragua to Los Angeles.
    The younger girl might have "saved" me, but I did get a lot of Spanish practice with the older woman, and the flight went quickly.

It turns out that I am going to hell because of a technicality: I needed to repent my sins first, then get baptized, not the other way around. Screwed up again.
    My argument: that I was only a few days old, hadn't had the opportunity to sin yet, and didn't have the capacity to repent, carried no weight. That baptism doesn't count. Nicaragua.
    All those (---and I thought wasted) hours of Catholic catechism helped advance my argument, but in the end I was judged an unrepentant sinner, destined to join the legions of the damned.

I hadn't been pressed like that since I was a 17 year old bum in Hawaii, living on day old donuts and free pineapple juice (all you could drink) provided by a mission.

We met again at the Park Inn in Houston, plane was late to MGA so United put us up and fed us after a fashion. Hotel was very nice.
    I managed to rebook on the first AM Tucson flight before I left MGA. Expedia wanted to charge me a $200 change fee, but United did it for nothing.
    It turned out that the last Tucson flight that evening was delayed an hour an a half, I MIGHT have made it.

Younger cutie gave me another big smile at the hotel (what's one more sin if you're going to hell anyway) ?? and they invited me to join them for dinner. I'd already eaten.
    No hard feelings,, ., or maybe they wanted another shot
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 08-03-2015 at 08:25 AM.

More Cheap Flights Coming To An Airport Near You:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news...=mailsignoutmd

Blog Entries

Tampa R/T MGA on American for $500.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.