Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well - Other than tickets -

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Well - Other than tickets -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    It's good enough for fish, why not us?
    Builds the antibodies..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    With no well close by (city water, right?),,
    Yep City water.

I would fill the bottom with piedrin or better,, crushed rock, and use that for my leach field. No concrete, just a dirt floor with the rock or gravel on top.
    Would you not worry about backflow if the ground became super saturated? With a C'ment pad and wall you would at least have some reverse flow moderation.

Dump in a box of Ridd-X once a year to maintain the necessary environment and the thing will never need service.
    Thinking of plumbing the black water and grey water to seperate places - Now that I think about it, a grey water with just crushed rock at the base may be just the ticket.

Would you not worry about backflow if the ground became super saturated? With a C'ment pad and wall you would at least have some reverse flow moderation.

I imagine that if you are in an area with a high water table there might be some concern in the rainy season. You have probably done enough excavation for footings to know where the water is,, or ask someone close by where the water in their well is.We run washer and dish washer water into ours. I have an outlet for a leach line, but the water has never come close to reaching the outlet. In my case,, "leaching down" was not the intention, but the floor of the septic tank cracked and the liquid ran out the cracks.

I haven't looked in there recently. We have a two chamber system, and each has a removable cover. The farm is on a gentle downslope, so clearly that helps with the removal of the leachate. There has never been any smell or interruption of service. The waste is mostly water, don't remember the percentage, but there is little real solid to the solid. We have some serious expertise on the site re: waste processing.
    His advice would have more grounding than mine.

When I did mine I just knew that I didn't want ANY future problem.
    I also wanted to flush the TP and be done with it. Going big seemed to be the solution.

i thot you were recycling the tp to the hogs? Anyway, I find it quite useful to start trash fires, much healthier than plastic bags and gaseosa bottles. Kinda barbaric to flush all that perfectly good fire starter down the drain.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    i thot you were recycling the tp to the hogs? Anyway, I find it quite useful to start trash fires, much healthier than plastic bags and gaseosa bottles. Kinda barbaric to flush all that perfectly good fire starter down the drain.

I would NEVER feed TP to my pigs.
    After all, I eat the pork.
    That is taking the Circle of Life one step too far.

We have a lot of pine trees and collect this pine pitch to start the fires.
    It has a special name,, can't remember it, but it's also sold in the markets for the same purpose.

We have a burn barrel, half of a 55 gal drum with holes cut in the bottom. It sits on cinder blocks, and once the fire get started it will consume almost anything and reduce it to ash. The ash gets packed into those big coffee bags and hauled to the Condega dump.

Blog Entries

I would NEVER feed TP to my pigs.
    and once the fire get started it will consume almost anything and reduce it to ash. The ash gets packed into those big coffee bags and hauled to the Condega dump.
    Take away - Thieves check in, but they don't check out...

unless you are burning toxics, ash is good fertilizer

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Take away - Thieves check in, but they don't check out...

Wishful thinking on everyone's part.

But thieves enjoy some special protected status in Nicaragua, a level of tolerance that I've not encountered anywhere else.
    I don't understand it. It's like, if you are the victim of a theft, it's your fault for not sufficiently protecting your goods.

The South African solution, ringing the thief with gas filled tires and lighting him up might be too harsh. And the smell of burning tires is really obnoxious.

Then again,, it wouldn't take that many tires to discourage the the amateurs.

Be careful of praising S. Africa. The govmint has just announced a "Kill the boers" campaign to murder all the white people, and the European countries where their ancestors came from are so busy filling up with muslims that they don't have room for white refugees!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Be careful of praising S. Africa. The govmint has just announced a "Kill the boers" campaign to murder all the white people, and the European countries where their ancestors came from are so busy filling up with muslims that they don't have room for white refugees!

Still appropriate.....after all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-BI89mb9A
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Still appropriate.....after all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-BI89mb9A

You will be in a great position to watch it all go up in smoke, AND the wind will be blowing in the right direction.

It's hard to imagine anyone bothering to drop a nuke on Nicaragua . . . we should all be OK.

Blog Entries

You will be in a great position to watch it all go up in smoke, AND the wind will be blowing in the right direction.

It's hard to imagine anyone bothering to drop a nuke on Nicaragua . . . we should all be OK.
    I didn't think about the wind direction, but you are correct.

However.....the theme of my comment (ill-stated as it was) was that everyone hates someone. Nukes or not!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

The sad part is that Europeans and their descendants hate themselves.

Except maybe Poles and Hungarians.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123