Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving a Flat Black Winnebago with 4 Dogs from Canada to Nicaragua

Default Re: Driving a Flat Black Winnebago with 4 Dogs from Canada to Nicaragua

Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    That pf course is your opinion, just as idiotic and unfounded as your original post (basicly a lie)
    Tell me, does "ALKI" stand for alkiiholic??? You sound like ypu are drunk
    No, it isn't an opinion, the fact is that I worry about anyone being near a nasty ignorant like you, also, you are asking for people to join you on the trip and that means more than one vehicle, that in itself is the definition of a modern day wagon train, you know just like when your parents moved west. It must suck being too stupid to do anything other than try to take jabs at my screen name. If you were not so ignorant I would feel sorry for you.

You keep responding as you have here and I am sure the people will be lining up to be in the convoy.....

here is the post you are placing all over : Wanted, peesons wanting to drive here fron Texas, in caravan

car·a·van-

A train..... so a real definition would be " 21st century wagon train

Banned

(quote)
    In one short post, you have called him an idiot, a liar, and a drunk.....if I am interpreting your misspelling correctly.

Normally, I simply ignore you, but for once you are accurate (at least in the portion of your post quoted above, including the "INTENTIONAL" mis-spelling of the word " alcoholic" (to conform to his "Alki")

Blog Entries

Every village needs an idiot, so the other villagers can feel better about themselves. Every Doniston post makes me feel great to be alive and well, glad to have family and friends who love me. Or at least a dog that loves me. I guess not everyone can say that.

Who wants to give Doniston a great big hug? He really needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Torpedo View Post
    Maybe get a .50 cal on a tripod installed in Texas, that should make the border crossings go more smoothly.
    Hang some tires on the sides and put some concertina wire around the top. Don't want to go on the aggressive, stay defensive and I bet you get across the borders faster.

And no comments on the EM address- D Waldo 1929 . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Torpedo View Post
    I'm feeling crazy enough as it is without going "full Donistan"
    I thought this post would get old , here it is a few days later and it keeps getting funnier

Blog Entries

The post may be funny but Doniston isn't funny any more. He won't be shitting on TRN's parade any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    The post may be funny but Doniston isn't funny any more. He won't be shitting on TRN's parade any longer.
    C'mon John we need a couple a trolls

That's it, I'm painting my Winnebago flat white. Screw the pirate flag, as long as Donistan doesn't recognize me, I will be all right. I guess I better tint the windows too so nobody can see all the slobbery faces and wagging tails in the window?
    Anybody else want to wagon train with me? The Swedish women's volleyball team? oooh oooh I know, ANY country's synchronized swimming team!
    Okay, new advertisement:

SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING EXHIBITION TEAM TRIP
    --touring Central America
    --prizes available
    --free massages (except for Donistan)
    --I can cook too!
    --Lots of cuddly puppies!
    --If you look good in a bathing suit, entry fee is waived!

Blog Entries

-- womb cleaner optional

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    He misses it here , he has put up at least one post at Expat Exchange, I miss him already .....

little corn TOM cc/ The real nicaragua

GOOD, GOOD, GOOD! At least I won't have to put up with any more of your mean-spirited assininity.

doniston

Blog Entries

I suspect that he will not last at EXPE either.

Ya know....he is like a little rat terrier dog that just keeps following you around, nipping at your heels and running away when confronted.
    Last edited by Little Corn Tom; 09-01-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    I suspect that he will not last at EXPE either.

Ya know....he is like a little rat terrier dog that just keeps following you around, nipping at your heels and running away when confronted.
    I did a search on him and apparently every conversation he gets into on the internet ends the same way, he has a few posts which left me shaking my head

Damm, I was just gonna warn Doniston to really look at other routes of traveling south. The RGV in my handle means Rio Grande Valley, where McAllen is. I am back working mostly in Mexico nowadays and traveling on that eastern side of Mex, down through Laredo to Browntown might be best avoided. Especially an old crotchety pissant yankee gringo. The routes out west going down through and towards Mexico City are much safer right now.

The Central American "transmigrants" that haul the used cars and school buses are getting hammered in bribes and extortion's and such. They have them gutted and gilled because Mexico dictates the only crossing they can use is the one at Los Indios near Brownsville. Several Americans and plenty of Mexicans have disappeared along the Eastern route and the gulf highway down through Tampico and Veracruz. I am very familiar with that area and have run it all the way down probably 50 times in my life and I would not go right now.

I hope that dumbass thinks this crap through. There ain't no AAA when the CDG has you by the nuts.

Doniston lives matters

Blog Entries

Don't worry. Any cartel that gets within earshot of Doniston will regret the day they were born. He'll never be kidnapped because he'll piss off his captors so much they'll pay someone to take him back.

Blog Entries

I can see it now ......"The Ransom of The Doniston" .... coming soon to a movie near you.

Drug cartel brought to its' knees by a whiny, old shit.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Like they say, if you want to avoid being a crime victim, act like you're batshit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    Damm, I was just gonna warn Doniston to really look at other routes of traveling south. The RGV in my handle means Rio Grande Valley, where McAllen is. I am back working mostly in Mexico nowadays and traveling on that eastern side of Mex, down through Laredo to Browntown might be best avoided. Especially an old crotchety pissant yankee gringo. The routes out west going down through and towards Mexico City are much safer right now.

The Central American "transmigrants" that haul the used cars and school buses are getting hammered in bribes and extortion's and such. They have them gutted and gilled because Mexico dictates the only crossing they can use is the one at Los Indios near Brownsville. Several Americans and plenty of Mexicans have disappeared along the Eastern route and the gulf highway down through Tampico and Veracruz. I am very familiar with that area and have run it all the way down probably 50 times in my life and I would not go right now.

I hope that dumbass thinks this crap through. There ain't no AAA when the CDG has you by the nuts.

There is a transmigrante crossing in California too, right??
    I haven't spent a lot of time researching this yet, but I have a 38' International box truck that I was going to drive south (still questioning the wisdom, cost of driving vs container, AC in truck doesn't work).
    One advantage is,, I could clear through Espino, drive the truck directly to my north Nicaragua destination, not have to mess with a container.
    It would happen towards the end of next year.

I was just going to donate or sell the truck when I got there, if I can sell it, I would get my diesel money back. It has a nice lift gate on it, doesn't smoke, tires are good.

The thing is, I can load the truck at a leisurely pace, as opposed to loading the container under the gun. The truck sits in an accessible storage in Tucson, I've double and triple- decked it.
    Unloading it at a border would be a nightmare, but . . . ..I would have a comprehensive list to provide to the customs brokers.
    This is the "household goods" exoneration that will come with my residency. Not the truck, just the goods.

The truck was left over from a previous business so didn't cost me anything. Runs well (probably get the brakes re-worked in Nogales). I'm comfortable driving it.

I know the process for getting it through CA,, have done it with big loads in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras, --- interestingly, NOT all countries the same trip--- but have always danced my way through Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    I can see it now ......"The Ransom of The Doniston" .... coming soon to a movie near you.

Drug cartel brought to its' knees by a whiny, old shit.

Sometimes boss you hit it way outta the park.

http://www.krgv.com/news/investigati...-Fear/32802514

Pirate:
    Check out this recent report. From what I understand the only Transmigrant crossing allowed in Mexico is the one at San Benito/Los Indios. Right now I am working in Cd. Acuna (across from Del Rio, TX), Mexico and I drive back and forth to the RGV on a weekly basis. All week long I see Transmigrants hauling their stuff down 277 and 83 towards the RGV coming form California and Arizona from what I understand.

Now you know after you load all that up out west when you get to the border the Mexican customs broker and likely Mexican customs is gonna make you unload it again and go through the list? I am a card carrying Mexican and I grew up there, but GD the Mexicans have done everything to screw everyone they can that travels to their country and or through it. Especially out east. The Western crossings are less corrupt.If you do

If you do end up heading down there in the International and have to go through Los Indios give me fair warning and I will do what I can to help you and if you need a place close by to crash or store the truck for a spell I can help you out.

Sometimes boss you hit it way outta the park.

"Take back Doniston and we'll give you Pablo Escobar"

http://www.krgv.com/news/investigati...-Fear/32802514

Pirate:
    Check out this recent report. From what I understand the only Transmigrant crossing allowed in Mexico is the one at San Benito/Los Indios. Right now I am working in Cd. Acuna (across from Del Rio, TX), Mexico and I drive back and forth to the RGV on a weekly basis. All week long I see Transmigrants hauling their stuff down 277 and 83 towards the RGV coming form California and Arizona from what I understand.

Now you know after you load all that up out west when you get to the border the Mexican customs broker and likely Mexican customs is gonna make you unload it again and go through the list? I am a card carrying Mexican and I grew up there, but GD the Mexicans have done everything to screw everyone they can that travels to their country and or through it. Especially out east. The Western crossings are less corrupt.If you do

If you do end up heading down there in the International and have to go through Los Indios give me fair warning and I will do what I can to help you and if you need a place close by to crash or store the truck for a spell I can help you out.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Interesting,, I was looking at the map and when you come down to it, I'm really traveling more east than south.
    Unless Mexico finally dropped their fuel prices, diesel is cheaper in the US than in Mexico.

It's so easy crossing here that I am getting spoiled.

Today I'm taking my wife's BMW to Nogales, the RR passenger window motor quit.
    I bought the part, and will have the work done in Nogales. I'm having a couple of scratches taken care of and the car detailed and polished.

But, immediately prior to that I am going to drive the 21 KM south to the appropriately named KM21 and get my car permit and visa, both good for six months, so I don't have to go through the customs checkpoint as I exit KM 21 with my truck on Sunday. They don't even check your VIN coming in, just hand you the sticker to put on your windshield.
    There WAS another checkpoint a little south, but they closed it.
    It's clear sailing after that.
    We have a "Zona Libre" all the way down the coast until Guaymas, some 350 Km, no visa or Mexican car document needed as long as you don't go farther south.

Coming back, I'll drop off the BMW at a body shop that does great work for very little money, walk back to the Nogales border, cross on foot, and catch the $12 shuttle to Tucson.

On Sunday I take the truck route (Mariposa Avenue in Nogales, Arizona) and just keep on trucking.
    There is a $4 toll road that drops you into Mexico a few klicks north of KM21.

There is a bug station leaving Sonora going into Sinaloa, but until I hit the area south of Oaxaca (migration checkpoints run by the army, navy, federales, and not really interested in my goods) there is nothing else.
    They may look through my stuff for arms and drugs, but the box of 50 Snickers Bars I buy at Costco usually dims their enthusiasm, and I generally wind up spending more time just chatting with everyone than I would have spent getting my stuff gone through.

I found out that I don't have to close out my Mexico car permit as I leave Mexico. If I miss the six month deadline I lose my $400 deposit,, true.
    But I plan on coming back before Christmas, and getting one more trip south on the same permit. Six months is nice, wish Nicaragua would do that.

It's different every trip, though.
    Sometimes I dance the Watusi, next time the Texas Two Step.
    But, I always get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBbadnGX3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxYIgGB8o7w
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 09-02-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate that.

Interesting,, I was looking at the map and when you come down to it, I'm really traveling more east than south.
    Unless Mexico finally dropped their fuel prices, diesel is cheaper in the US than in Mexico.

It's so easy crossing here that I am getting spoiled.

Today I'm taking my wife's BMW to Nogales, the RR passenger window motor quit.
    I bought the part, and will have the work done in Nogales. I'm having a couple of scratches taken care of and the car detailed and polished.

But, immediately prior to that I am going to drive the 21 KM south to the appropriately named KM21 and get my car permit and visa, both good for six months, so I don't have to go through the customs checkpoint as I exit KM 21 with my truck on Sunday. They don't even check your VIN coming in, just hand you the sticker to put on your windshield.
    There WAS another checkpoint a little south, but they closed it.
    It's clear sailing after that.
    We have a "Zona Libre" all the way down the coast until Guaymas, some 350 Km, no visa or Mexican car document needed as long as you don't go farther south.

Coming back, I'll drop off the BMW at a body shop that does great work for very little money, walk back to the Nogales border, cross on foot, and catch the $12 shuttle to Tucson.

On Sunday I take the truck route (Mariposa Avenue in Nogales, Arizona) and just keep on trucking.
    There is a $4 toll road that drops you into Mexico a few klicks north of KM21.

There is a bug station leaving Sonora going into Sinaloa, but until I hit the area south of Oaxaca (migration checkpoints run by the army, navy, federales, and not really interested in my goods) there is nothing else.
    They may look through my stuff for arms and drugs, but the box of 50 Snickers Bars I buy at Costco usually dims their enthusiasm, and I generally wind up spending more time just chatting with everyone than I would have spent getting my stuff gone through.

I found out that I don't have to close out my Mexico car permit as I leave Mexico. If I miss the six month deadline I lose my $400 deposit,, true.
    But I plan on coming back before Christmas, and getting one more trip south on the same permit. Six months is nice, wish Nicaragua would do that.

It's different every trip, though.
    Sometimes I dance the Watusi, next time the Texas Two Step.
    But, I always get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBbadnGX3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxYIgGB8o7w
    Cool post Pirate, and neat information. The Western part of Mexico has always been less corrupt than the Eastern, and or in particular the North Eastern part. The state of Tamaulipas has always been terrible and terribly crooked. Just bad really.

When we first moved to the states, back in the mid 80's and through the early 90's, things were easy cheesy and pleasy along the border. It was nothing to come and go and nobody messed with car permits back then because in that area there was really no enforcement a $5 wouldn't take care of. Things really got screwed up between 07' and now. It has become increasingly corrupt and is obviously dangerous. I used to travel by road, day or night, and go all kinds of places in 3-4 state area down there, now something bad would happen if you did that.

A lot of the bad things that happen in that part of Mexico go unreported because the Mex media just won't report it and the local US media won't either due to understanding that the bad pub hurts the local area. Along where Doniston is thinking about crossing there are 2 US marines missing/disappeared and several other US citizens. There have been plenty of murders and kidnappings and such. It is just isn't a good idea to run it. And if you do I would plan this piss out of it and be prepared to bribe like hell. Even back in the safe days traffic cops in Tampico and Veracruz were an expensive hindrance of gringo's, now they are an outright menace.

Yeah, the Mexican car permit deal is a hidden money grab, but it is nice. One note, apparently sometime in the last year or so Mexico passed the rule that if the cars registration is out of date they will not let it in. I actually got stopped coming into Mexico due to not having the sticker showing. They are stopping US vehicles from Texas with the expired stickers, whereas in the past none of this stuff mattered. Thus if you do go and come and don't cancel your permit, be sure your registration is valid. I have been all over Western Mexico but never from north to south, I would like to check it out sometime.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    but I have a 38' International box truck that I was going to drive south (still questioning the wisdom, cost of driving vs container, AC in truck doesn't work).
    BIL did it with 2 cars packed inside with all his worldly goods 2 yrs ago.

Now he has a driver and hires out the truck to make runs between Granada and the feed plant in Masaya.. Good gravy money every week.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12