Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 608

Thread: S#!t people from SJDS say....

  1. #51

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Maybe they are posting this stuff just to spoof us?

    It sounds almost too incredible to be true .. .

  2. #52
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    CM from the Granada group asks....

    Looking for a young female, energetic Aerobics instructor to impart pool-side classes. Inbox please!
    ×××
    Se busca mujer joven y energetica para impartir clases de aerobicos por la piscina. Inbox por favor!
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  3. #53
    The Bard of Jinotega MizBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jinotega, Nicaragua
    Posts
    830
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    RH asked...

    Has anyone orderef from amazon before? Do they ship to nica at all ? I need to get 2 books urgently


    The delay, interestingly enough, is on the USPS side for all most all of my delays. One was probably because someone had to research what this class and tubes thing was that I ordered (Hario Vacuum Coffee Pot).

    Everything takes a month, a couple of weeks of that being in the US.

  4. #54

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Looking for a young female, energetic Aerobics instructor to impart pool-side classes.
    What a coincidence, I'm looking for one also.

  5. #55
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,825
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Yeah, I think these are cleverly disguised solicitations for illicitations.

  6. #56
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Yeah, I think these are cleverly disguised solicitations for illicitations.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  7. #57
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    This could be the 2015 winner...

    WK wants to unload.....

    Hey guys
    I bought 3 goats from a local. They were in a very poor condition which was the actual reason i bought them. Pretty sure the price was too high but i couldn't leave them with him... Yet turns out they kind of attack my puppies and as my property is not sufficiantly fenced they invade my vegetable garden as well. Long story short at the moment they are fixed to trees with a rope but i dont belief this is a nice goat life hence i was wondering if one of you is interested in buying one ore all three of them. They go for 1500 peso each but the price is negotiable as i am happy if i find a good home for them.
    Details: 1 female, 3 years old and pregnant according to the guy who sold them to me
    2 male, 3 and 1 years old
    They come with one sack of salt and one sack of fodder which i bought to get some weight on them if anyone is interested pls contact me
    Thanks



    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  8. #58

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    This could be the 2015 winner...

    WK wants to unload.....

    Hey guys
    I bought 3 goats from a local. They were in a very poor condition which was the actual reason i bought them. Pretty sure the price was too high but i couldn't leave them with him... Yet turns out they kind of attack my puppies and as my property is not sufficiantly fenced they invade my vegetable garden as well. Long story short at the moment they are fixed to trees with a rope but i dont belief this is a nice goat life hence i was wondering if one of you is interested in buying one ore all three of them. They go for 1500 peso each but the price is negotiable as i am happy if i find a good home for them.
    Details: 1 female, 3 years old and pregnant according to the guy who sold them to me
    2 male, 3 and 1 years old
    They come with one sack of salt and one sack of fodder which i bought to get some weight on them if anyone is interested pls contact me
    Thanks



    CookShow will pass by on his next visa run .. .

  9. #59
    House SOB Little Corn Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    9,441
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    CookShow will pass by on his next visa run .. .

    I can see it now......Kevin tying the 3 goats to the top of a bus and offloading them into a skiff in El Rama.....plying the river to Bluefields.....one goat on his lap and a smile on his face.......makes your heart melt.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

  10. #60
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    I can see it now......Kevin tying the 3 goats to the top of a bus and offloading them into a skiff in El Rama.....plying the river to Bluefields.....one goat on his lap and a smile on his face.......makes your heart melt.
    Has this turned into a Love Story?
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  11. #61

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Has this turned into a Love Story?

    More like . . . A TRN version of Dickens' A Christmas Carol

  12. #62
    Dog Whisperer cookshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    5,189
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    1500 cords for a GOAT? Buy whatever he is smoking, must be strong shit. I had 4 baby Sheep on my place last week and gave the ok for them to kill one adult yesterday for my annual Xmas party (held even in my absence).

    Goats are a pain in the ass. Buy Pelibuey.....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

  13. #63
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post

    Goats are a pain in the ass. Buy Pelibuey.....

    SJDS goats be like.....


    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  14. #64
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    FM asks.....

    Need yoga mats
    C$10San Juan del Sur
    Need yoga mats, at least 10. Where can we purchase them? Are any individuals willing to sell used or new mats? Let me know.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  15. #65
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    JTP asks....

    So, you just decided to pull the the pin and move to SJDS from the US.
    If you were to write a book, what would be the chapter titles you would include.
    Start at the beginning and include passports, banking arrangements, how to move you stuff down, what stuff to take, mail, finding housing...
    Just curious as to the thoughts of this illustrious group.

    =========================================

    I answered ..

    Of course Chapter #1 is "My first 6 months renting to get a feel for the place" Chapter #9 The Exit plan - You may not need one in the end but it helps in case - Just browse the fire sales via the multiple expat groups, Craig's list Managua and Enquentra24 over the years. Again, not saying you will need it, but an exit plan is part of any complete entrance plan. Chapter #2 is "Why is it my fault that some of my stuff is stolen? (Petty Crime)" Chapter #3 "Manana does not mean tomorrow, it means not today" Chapter #5 "Recto - the subtleties of asking for directions"


    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  16. #66
    Dog Whisperer cookshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    5,189
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    The Expat FB pages are a hoot if you have time to watch them, there are many. So far I have only been kicked off 1 for calling someone an Idiot.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

  17. #67
    The Bard of Jinotega MizBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jinotega, Nicaragua
    Posts
    830
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    "But, but, an exit plan is so negative" -- more or less the response I've gotten. If they don't have an exit plan and throw themselves full heartedly into Nicaragua, good stuff will happen because the universe wouldn't hurt their feelings by ripping them off.

  18. #68

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    "But, but, an exit plan is so negative" -- more or less the response I've gotten. If they don't have an exit plan and throw themselves full heartedly into Nicaragua, good stuff will happen because the universe wouldn't hurt their feelings by ripping them off.
    lol
    Soy el chele mono.

  19. #69
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    TT shared to both Granada and SJDS...



    04
    JAN
    Interested
    Shamanic Healing Training with Vinod at InanItah
    Jan 4, 2016 - Jan 8, 2016 · InanItah

    Shared to Expats of Granada


    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  20. #70
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,825
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    What a circus freak show.

  21. #71
    The Bard of Jinotega MizBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jinotega, Nicaragua
    Posts
    830
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    TT shared to both Granada and SJDS...



    04
    JAN
    Interested
    Shamanic Healing Training with Vinod at InanItah
    Jan 4, 2016 - Jan 8, 2016 · InanItah

    Shared to Expats of Granada



    Ometepe seems to be a woo woo magnet these days. Pity as it's a very nice place.

  22. #72
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    SA asks...

    Is there factory farming for cows in Nicaragua?
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  23. #73

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Alex Sloan Bergeron Asks



    I have a friend who wants to take a picture with a goat before he goes home on Friday. Can anyone help?

  24. #74
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    Alex Sloan Bergeron Asks





    I have a friend who wants to take a picture with a goat before he goes home on Friday. Can anyone help?
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  25. #75
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,357
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: S#!t people from SJDS say....

    As the vultures circle above...

    GRP asks...



    Looking to buy a lot around SJDS for $40k or under.
    C$40,000
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to employ people #1
    By tresfrijoles in forum How To
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 11:11 AM
  2. Do you know these people?
    By tresfrijoles in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!