Thread: Magdalina

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Magdalina

Ya know back in 2010 when I took deathly sick, TRN members piled in and helped to save my sorry ass, and that is something that can never be re-paid but in one way, and that is passing on the help to others in need of help.

Now I cannot save the whole world and wouldn't if I could, some meaness needs to let rot.

But she came to me and talked several times about setting up a tortilla and boiled beans operation at her house.

Back when I was dying, so was Magdalina's husband with the same thing.

They live about a 1/4 mile from me and moved here about a year after I did, other than Mista Steve we were the only ones out here then.

Her son is my son's age and had to go to work because his father unlike me, didn't survive it, his options and help were not as I got from many members on here, and people I did consulting work for here in town.

I am in the process of re-building my wooden shack and am doing it with the aid of my sons. They get all the shit jobs while I attempt to show them how to re-side the 15 year old structure with ply-cym cement boards.

The down stairs has been done in CBS construction by us and is looking nice if I do say so myself.....

Hey it is not to Gringo USA standards, but will keep the rain, wind, and snow off of us.

But anyway she was a telling me this afternoon, if she could just get 3000 cordobas, it would give her a start on her business. She didn't ask me for the money.

Today I had gone to the glass Winder mans Taller (Shop) to see if he had my 4 winders ready for the south side of the house. I am a getting them winders that the bottom half slides up and down. The reason I am mentioning this is the name of them in Spanish, well Spanish for the DAC.

I told him what I wanted, Well tried to tell him anyway and then when he understood me he said "Guillotine". Yes I said Guillotine is what I want figuring I could alway's use them on any un-wanted, un-invited guests in the house.

They are one meter square and cost $70.00 dollars each. I put a deposit of $75.00 for the four of them and had the rest put up for today waiting delivery. They weren't ready and was told Monday. Funny I forgot to ask WHICH Monday?

Hey, that happens on the DAC that way, you have to ask WHICH Monday.

So, I knew the 15 is a coming up and having money owed to me for then, I went and got what Magdalina needed to start her business with.

She said, how long before you want it back? Can I take 2 months to pay it back. I said look, you take as long as needed, I do not want you to feel any pressure at all, I know you will pay it eventually.

And ya know what? I think she will.

BTW the pig we raised together last year worked out just fine, I got my part and she hers, and right now am sitting here waiting for a set of ribs to finish in the oven.

I don't want to sound like I am blowing my own horn, but I did promise God and my friends when I can do something for someone that cannot be paid back, I will if able.

Salute TRN, you are a part of my Community.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Magdalina

How many times we done it, more fingers and toes than you and I got. Only takes a little
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Ya know back in 2010 when I took deathly sick, TRN members piled in and helped to save my sorry ass, and that is something that can never be re-paid but in one way, and that is passing on the help to others in need of help.

Now I cannot save the whole world and wouldn't if I could, some meaness needs to let rot.

But she came to me and talked several times about setting up a tortilla and boiled beans operation at her house.

Back when I was dying, so was Magdalina's husband with the same thing.

They live about a 1/4 mile from me and moved here about a year after I did, other than Mista Steve we were the only ones out here then.

Her son is my son's age and had to go to work because his father unlike me, didn't survive it, his options and help were not as I got from many members on here, and people I did consulting work for here in town.

I am in the process of re-building my wooden shack and am doing it with the aid of my sons. They get all the shit jobs while I attempt to show them how to re-side the 15 year old structure with ply-cym cement boards.

The down stairs has been done in CBS construction by us and is looking nice if I do say so myself.....

Hey it is not to Gringo USA standards, but will keep the rain, wind, and snow off of us.

But anyway she was a telling me this afternoon, if she could just get 3000 cordobas, it would give her a start on her business. She didn't ask me for the money.

Today I had gone to the glass Winder mans Taller (Shop) to see if he had my 4 winders ready for the south side of the house. I am a getting them winders that the bottom half slides up and down. The reason I am mentioning this is the name of them in Spanish, well Spanish for the DAC.

I told him what I wanted, Well tried to tell him anyway and then when he understood me he said "Guillotine". Yes I said Guillotine is what I want figuring I could alway's use them on any un-wanted, un-invited guests in the house.

They are one meter square and cost $70.00 dollars each. I put a deposit of $75.00 for the four of them and had the rest put up for today waiting delivery. They weren't ready and was told Monday. Funny I forgot to ask WHICH Monday?

Hey, that happens on the DAC that way, you have to ask WHICH Monday.

So, I knew the 15 is a coming up and having money owed to me for then, I went and got what Magdalina needed to start her business with.

She said, how long before you want it back? Can I take 2 months to pay it back. I said look, you take as long as needed, I do not want you to feel any pressure at all, I know you will pay it eventually.

And ya know what? I think she will.

BTW the pig we raised together last year worked out just fine, I got my part and she hers, and right now am sitting here waiting for a set of ribs to finish in the oven.

I don't want to sound like I am blowing my own horn, but I did promise God and my friends when I can do something for someone that cannot be paid back, I will if able.

Salute TRN, you are a part of my Community.

Keep us posted.
    This is where the rubber hits the road.

Good luck to Magdalina!!

Blog Entries

"The rest of the story" ....apologies to Paul Harvey.

Enough time has passed that I feel that I can tell this story now.

I don't much write long posts any more and I guess I do not really know why. Getting older I guess and do not need the confrontations because they never solved any problems or changed anybody's mind.

However, there is more to this story.

Back when JPJW got sick, we realized that we were gonna lose him. So I took up a collection among the (then) members with most of us contributing a hundred dollars or more. Considerable money piled up. The money was used to get his sorry ass on a plane to Managua multiple times and operated on by the best doctor available at the best hospital in Managua.

To make a long story short, JPJW survived by the skin of his ass.....he was in surgery a long time.

The TRN membership was more "active" then with more members and more spirited debate going on to the point of distraction from the subject of "Nicaragua".

I make no secret of my religious affiliations ....which are none...as I am an Atheist.

Here is the crux of the story......

The ONE GUY, the ONE ACTIVE MEMBER who refused to donate to JPJW's survival was a Texas Christian, Bible Thumping, Elected Judge.....and f***king hypocrite. He felt very comfortable attacking me due to my lack of religious beliefs that coincided with his.

Now......I have no supernatural powers.....but.......this pendejo died a year later and JPJW is still with us.

Maybe there is a God after all.

LCT
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Just off the phone with JW. JW had some help and he knows who. Took some big MGA help He had the best surgeon in Nica spill his guts.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And I cannot Thank All Y'all enough.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

The face of Nicaragua:

I bought this postcard on my first trip to Nicaragua,, wanted to name my farm La Sandinista Valiente

This smile still represents Nicaragua to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files