Thread: Batman and Johny

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Batman and Johny

Damn, it feels like only yesterday that my two boys Gerold and Johny were a running all over the house with towels fastened around their necks and them and myself a doing the "Nana, nana. nana. nana... BATMAN... and Johny"

Hey there was only one verse to it to remember, and done a million times and so I threw Johny's name at the end of it. Me sitting there at the end of a day having a Tona, or a #5 FDC and water...

They riding the "Moto" with me going to the boat at the dock in Lamblaya to help me in repairs and learning to cuss dogs that wanted to chase us on the road.. Their First Words in English was "Effin' Dog" directed at those animals that wanted to bite us or the Moto, didn't make any difference to the dogs at all.

Yesterday they boarded a Chicken Bus for MGA..... (Damn, I am having a very hard emotional time with this)

And their GREAT Adventure in life begins just like that.

I am glad that they decided to go to the USA, and together.

Johny will get his old Nica passport re-newed on Monday/Tuesday and on Wednesday night they will board one of them Spirit Airlines flights to what is going to be a GREAT Country once again... (after you know who is elected and sworn in)

So... I am both Happy for my two youngest sons and at the same time.... Well, I guess I am/was not ready for this at all. Where did the time go?

I got pissed at American Airlines when in just one week they doubled their airfare for the same flights of the previous week... I guess it is the norm to scalp people on or near any holidays....

And so the Spirit Tickets, and they were $904.36 for the both of them with a carry-on back pack.

Via Con Dios Mis Hijos....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Batman and Johny

How did it happen that they are both coming? I thought that just Gerald was coming.

They both have US passports, right?

I know what you mean about kids moving out...my son moved to Portugal years ago and I am still not over it.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Damn, it feels like only yesterday that my two boys Gerold and Johny were a running all over the house with towels fastened around their necks and them and myself a doing the "Nana, nana. nana. nana... BATMAN... and Johny"

Hey there was only one verse to it to remember, and done a million times and so I threw Johny's name at the end of it. Me sitting there at the end of a day having a Tona, or a #5 FDC and water...

They riding the "Moto" with me going to the boat at the dock in Lamblaya to help me in repairs and learning to cuss dogs that wanted to chase us on the road.. Their First Words in English was "Effin' Dog" directed at those animals that wanted to bite us or the Moto, didn't make any difference to the dogs at all.

Yesterday they boarded a Chicken Bus for MGA..... (Damn, I am having a very hard emotional time with this)

And their GREAT Adventure in life begins just like that.

I am glad that they decided to go to the USA, and together.

Johny will get his old Nica passport re-newed on Monday/Tuesday and on Wednesday night they will board one of them Spirit Airlines flights to what is going to be a GREAT Country once again... (after you know who is elected and sworn in)

So... I am both Happy for my two youngest sons and at the same time.... Well, I guess I am/was not ready for this at all. Where did the time go?

I got pissed at American Airlines when in just one week they doubled their airfare for the same flights of the previous week... I guess it is the norm to scalp people on or near any holidays....

And so the Spirit Tickets, and they were $904.36 for the both of them with a carry-on back pack.

Via Con Dios Mis Hijos....

Hard to let go, but think what this will mean for them.
    They will come back someday with pockets full of dinero, and talents and skills that will put them head and shoulder above anyone else in Puerto Cabezas.
    And, the time you spent with them, and the occasional head-banging they enjoyed, will ensure that they come back straight and strong.
    You just can't ask for anymore than that.

God bless them and good luck!!

I thought only one son going also. I guess congrats on two of them going to learn new skill sets. At least they will be in FL so it wouldn't be to hard for you to go and visit them.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hahaaha, I thought only one son was going also.. The younger one I was waiting for an opening on a Mississippi Tow boat as a crew member and I wanted him to take a job as a deck ape (Sailor) on one of these Lobster diving boats for in the mean time... The wait could be up to a year or more...

Not No but HELL NO Daddy was the reply... I will find a job in Tampa, let me go with my brother instead...

So I did...

Dog Gone, he didn't have a cedula so he could not get a passport renewal without it.. Got that and tomorrow he will get his new passport 5 hours before check in...

Then they are off the See the Wizzard....

LCT.... I know now Zackly where you a coming from.... A part of ya gets gone and ain't no replacing it...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...