Thread: A Day in a Single Woman's World

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default A Day in a Single Woman's World

Today was a work day, deliveries to Managua, but that doesn't mean fun can't be had! My driver, Guillermo, got me where I needed to be with no fuss, and then the adventures began. He drives fast. Like I like. And if I ask, he drives faster.
    We headed over to the west side of town to check out some things I hadn't seen in awhile, and the machete-wielding Nicaraguan women at the stop light was a sight to behold. 3 machetes, and a show to boot, she was good! How anyone can juggle 3 long machetes in the middle of traffic is beyond me, but I paid her for her effort, it was awesome to watch!
    The Huembes Mercado was fun to see again, I thought it was cute how Guillermo thought he would be my guide.... I kept having to tell him to hurry up and follow me! I had wanted a map of the place, but one doesn't exist, so I proceeded to make my own today. Bought Guillermo a cocoa fresco to have with the cinnamon bun I had made early this morning, and asked him again to "mantener!!".
    We headed to the Mayoreo market then, as I haven't seen it in 7 years, and came upon the new bypass... pretty and ever so first worldy... I could've done without my driver's roller-coaster exclamations, though.
    At one point in the ride, in which Guillermo lets me smoke, he asked for a cig... well, of course! He said "te quiero mucho"... my only reply could be " su es fácil!!!".
    Ran back to Granada by a back way, and got behind a truck chock full of green stuff. I was thinking vianica, he was thinking elote... after making Guillermo pass several cars and do some awesome driving, I got my eyes on the dump truck... a sh*tload of OKRA! Yeehaw, I know those guys, met them back in 2007... that stuff is headed for the US!
    Love every adventure and new experience that this country brings!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Default Re: A Day in a Single Woman's World

Okra - don't tell Cookshow!

Blog Entries

Wasn't Okra Miskito Alan's favorite dish?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

The single life suits you.

It is easier, isn't it?
    Shelley came down for three months,, it's definitely different.

"Well, what would YOU like to do?"

"Yes, that is a good idea but. . . . . . "

With the Mud Hut girls,, it's simply: "Let's go to Don Luis for a piece of cake and a coffee" "OK"
    Shelley doesn't like Don Luis, so I'm missing my sugar fix and my routine is disrupted.
    They have great pastries.

Or, "let's go get a pizza at Dough" "OK"

I hope this doesn't sound misogynist .......

Speaking of Pizza at Dough . . . If you are in Estelí: It's an outstanding pizza, a hard crust, everything it should be,,, try the 4 carne,, you won't be disappointed. On the old road out of town towards the Centro de Salud, about 5 blocks north of the Centro de Salud, two story.

Service is great too, I've had two pizzas so far. I used to think that you almost couldn't get a decent pizza in Nicaragua.
    Prices fairly too, but the salad was C$200 ???? Big pizza was only C$360. Where does that come from? I see it all the time here, salads priced too high. Gringo aprovechar?

Gotta be tough on the Vegans . .

Blog Entries

KWP........Aahhh....Compromise sucks!....Eh, El Jefe?

Melissa, I understand that the Pizza Place we went to in Jinotepe is now a hotel.

Woman are hard to please. I took mine to America to get some culture and she came back with Lycra stretch pants...

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Woman are hard to please. I took mine to America to get some culture and she came back with Lycra stretch pants...

Those are standard issue upon entering and leaving Mijami.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Wasn't Okra Miskito Alan's favorite dish?
    That 'Ole Slick, slimy, ropped up boiled Okra...

Mr Steve went and gave a BIG ole bowl of it to his "Rottenwiler" dogs from Miskito Alan's and my garden one time...

That mess went down so fast with them 4 dogs that they all thought each one had been cheated out of their fair share.. And then the Fight Started...

Them dogs fought for three days and didn't know what they fighting about to start with...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Bout to start harvesting some in coming weeks. Black Eyed Pea Harvest starts today.......
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

LCT, I haven't been in there yet. They moved to a new location, half a block south of the SW corner of the park, fixed up an existing building, looks like a medical office. The place seems huge now, so they might offer rooms, not sure. Biggest change in Jinotepe is that the new market is finally going. It's gorgeous! I'm taking a tour up there on Friday. The "tomato lady" got screwed in the deal, first they moved here over (they moved everybody with city trucks and cops), and she's now stuck in a back corner. It's got to be affecting her sales, poor girl.

"Woman are hard to please." No, I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    "Woman are hard to please." No, I'm not.

Which begs the question: How many pair of lycra stretch pants do you own?

LOL, KWP, one... but then I don't own much clothes, either. One of the old dudes at the bar was laughing at me when he found out I only own one pair of shoes, said he didn't know a woman could do that... whatever!