Thread: Passionate About... Tours

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Passionate About... Tours

New name, new places, and new adventures! Welcome to Passionate About... Tours

Passionate About Carazo!

Our next trip is Friday, July 22nd at 8am, as we head to the Carazo department, West of Granada, to explore two of the local, easy-to-get-to waterfalls, and to explore the brand new market in Jinotepe! Join us for a half day of Mother Nature at her finest, lush and tranquil, and photo opps galore! Experience the bustling new market in Jinotepe, on the south side of town, to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at a fraction of the cost in Granada.

Cost is $22 per person (includes entrance to La Mákina reserve).

Itinerary:
    1. Cascalajoche waterfall, located south of La Conquista. We'll drive right up to the wide, gently flowing river, where there's a 25' waterfall with a pond area and a smaller river downstream. There's a bank on one side, below the waterfall, that begs to be explored, and is great for taking pix or just sitting to enjoy the falls!

2. The new Jinotepe market, clean and well-organized, with separate and clearly marked sections for fruits, meats, seafood, and local cheese, as well as dozens upon dozens of stores for clothes, household goods, and hardware. Let me introduce you to my favorite vendors, with the freshest produce and the best prices!

3. Reserva La Mákina, a jewel in Carazo's crown. This private, semi-dry tropical reserve has stunning cascades, a riverfront, and several trails that can be walked or enjoyed by horseback or motorized transport provided by the reserve. One trail leads to a view of the surrounding semi-dry tropical rainforest and the Pacific Ocean. There are also kayaks and inflatable rafts to enjoy the meandering river. Trails are easily navigated, with trees marked with the local names, and lots of flora and fauna to enjoy.

4. Lunch at La Mákina's restaurant. Open-air seating and typical local dishes, large portions attractively plated, prices range from 150 to 350 cordobas. (lunch not included in tour price).

Our 12 person, air-conditioned van will leave Granada from in front of Subway restaurant at 8am sharp on Friday, July 22nd, and will return to Granada around 3pm. Feel free to bring water-appropriate attire, and a towel, in case you feel like taking a dip under the waterfall! Optional horseback riding is available (50 cords for 20 minutes or 100 cords for 1 hour). We will spend two hours in this location, so there's plenty of time to kick back and relax, or to explore the beauty of one of Nicaragua's finest private reserves!

Simply send an email to Melissa at gabriellemcvaugh@gmail.com to reserve your spot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Default Re: Passionate About... Tours

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    New name, new places, and new adventures! Welcome to Passionate About... Tours

Passionate About Carazo!

Our next trip is Friday, July 22nd at 8am, as we head to the Carazo department, West of Granada, to explore two of the local, easy-to-get-to waterfalls, and to explore the brand new market in Jinotepe! Join us for a half day of Mother Nature at her finest, lush and tranquil, and photo opps galore! Experience the bustling new market in Jinotepe, on the south side of town, to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at a fraction of the cost in Granada.

Cost is $22 per person (includes entrance to La Mákina reserve).

Itinerary:
    1. Cascalajoche waterfall, located south of La Conquista. We'll drive right up to the wide, gently flowing river, where there's a 25' waterfall with a pond area and a smaller river downstream. There's a bank on one side, below the waterfall, that begs to be explored, and is great for taking pix or just sitting to enjoy the falls!

2. The new Jinotepe market, clean and well-organized, with separate and clearly marked sections for fruits, meats, seafood, and local cheese, as well as dozens upon dozens of stores for clothes, household goods, and hardware. Let me introduce you to my favorite vendors, with the freshest produce and the best prices!

3. Reserva La Mákina, a jewel in Carazo's crown. This private, semi-dry tropical reserve has stunning cascades, a riverfront, and several trails that can be walked or enjoyed by horseback or motorized transport provided by the reserve. One trail leads to a view of the surrounding semi-dry tropical rainforest and the Pacific Ocean. There are also kayaks and inflatable rafts to enjoy the meandering river. Trails are easily navigated, with trees marked with the local names, and lots of flora and fauna to enjoy.

4. Lunch at La Mákina's restaurant. Open-air seating and typical local dishes, large portions attractively plated, prices range from 150 to 350 cordobas. (lunch not included in tour price).

Our 12 person, air-conditioned van will leave Granada from in front of Subway restaurant at 8am sharp on Friday, July 22nd, and will return to Granada around 3pm. Feel free to bring water-appropriate attire, and a towel, in case you feel like taking a dip under the waterfall! Optional horseback riding is available (50 cords for 20 minutes or 100 cords for 1 hour). We will spend two hours in this location, so there's plenty of time to kick back and relax, or to explore the beauty of one of Nicaragua's finest private reserves!

Simply send an email to Melissa at gabriellemcvaugh@gmail.com to reserve your spot!

Shelley and I would love to do your trip but it's too soon to put it all together for the 22nd. The baby is getting his 6 month vaccinations on the 20th.
    Are you doing another one the following week? We have to go south to renew out tourist permits,, so would be in the neighborhood. We could use our vehicle .........

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is NICE.... I like what you are doing Mel....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Shelley and I would love to do your trip but it's too soon to put it all together for the 22nd. The baby is getting his 6 month vaccinations on the 20th.
    Are you doing another one the following week? We have to go south to renew out tourist permits,, so would be in the neighborhood. We could use our vehicle .........
    KWP, just get a'hold of me, and we'll work something out. I am changing things in my life, to allow more time for these tours. Been here so long, might as well use my knowledge of the place to show others how amazing Nicaragua is! You can reach me at luvinlifeinnicaragua@hotmail.com or melissaskitchen48@gmail.com
    Let me know when you are in my neighborhood!

JW, honey, you know me, smart as a whip, and Scotch-Irish to boot... always gonna come out on top! I started tours based on culinary shopping, hitting a market that no one else does, but then again, who else knows where to get all the culinary delights in Managua? They've done well, so it's time to branch out. Since I became a citizen a few years back, it opens up new possibilities, gives me more freedom. And I'm all about freedom!

Blog Entries

We may do this tour in December!

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Cool stuff.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??