Thread: Coping, y'all, coping.

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Coping, y'all, coping.

Lordy, but it's been a doozy couple a days! Asked the fella behind the meat counter for 3 lbs of meat, he gave me 2.85, I hand it back and ask for 3 lbs again, he gives me 3.4, I hand it back again and ask for 3... heavy sigh. 2 places during my tour were out of items they normally carried, had to explain that away. Then today, tried to deliver some ice cream to a certain address, apparently there are 2 addresses in town like that on the same street, simply 12 blocks apart. Of course, I went to the wrong one first, and it's hot as bejeesus down here, and I'm walking! Trying to find a house number when they go from 683 to 304 within one block on one side of town, and from a 500 block to number 60 in the next block makes for so much fun, not. Did I mention it was hot???
    But, still smiling, it's all good, nothing a few cold Toñas won't fix!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Coping, y'all, coping.

Not much a few Tonas won't fix!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

There are house numbers there???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    ... today, tried to deliver some ice cream ... and it's hot as bejeesus down here, and I'm walking!
    Any chance of co-opting one of those Esquimo guys with his push freezer to deliver for ya? For a few extra cords or a Toña, just saying, especially if that's his route. As for payment, sign these customers up for regular deliveries.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    There are house numbers there???
    WOW that suburbia is really getting with it... Imagine... A Numbering system....

Now if they can just get it to sequence.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

there are a few neighborhoods in Managua, like Bolonia, and near Linda Vista that have numbers. I remember one block had #6, 1283, A-13, and a couple numbers with 2 digits on the same block, same side. I asked someone outside and they said a while back the neighbors all got together and decided to help differentiate and find their house they would number their houses. I guess they forgot to get together and talk about what numbering system they came up with. They said everyone just picked a number, and stuck with it, and everyone in the neighborhood knows their house numbers at this point and can point them out if asked or directed.
    The random numbers are frustrating, but not nearly as bad as the "almost" consecutive numbers. If its random, i know i gotta look around/ask around, but the almost consecutive confuses me. 1 block south of semaforo linda vista, and 1 block west there is a block that the corner starts at 1 and goes to 12, then there are a couple of 40's, and then back to 13 for a few numbers and then back to the 40's until 50some. I spent quite a bit of time looking for something like 41. i went down the 40s, and it jumped to 16....the next couple houses went down from 16 so i stopped looking on the block and went to the other side (which was similar, only with some 60s, and some 20's in random chunks). Finally i got the sense to go all around the block and found the 2 40s stuffed in the teens numbers.

Blog Entries

Napoleon is turning in his grave. "I conquered Spain for nothing!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Napoleon is turning in his grave. "I conquered Spain for nothing!"

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.