Thread: Little Corn Island Getaround

Default Little Corn Island Getaround

Just saw this thing. Actually folds up small enough to get to the islands. All electric so avoids the gas-prohibition on Little Island. High cost and could use some extra cargo capacity.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Little Corn Island Getaround

Could not agree more and I just got permission to bring one onto the island.

Here is a similar one I just bought and am using it in the US. With a 15 mile range, I only need to re-charge about once per week (on the island).

BTW, I could start a whole website (or a t least a new thread) on what I have learned about e-bikes and how to build the perfect e-bike (IMHO).

https://czfj.en.alibaba.com/product/...tain_bike.html

Last edited by Little Corn Tom; 12-16-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

That is a nice looking bike. Did you buy it off Alibaba? How far would you have to break it down to get it to LIC? I thought they would be more complicated but looks like assemble / disassembly wouldn't be to bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Could not agree more and I just got permission to bring one onto the island.
    PERMISSION?? you in 3rd Grade and need to use the Bathroom? Who on Little Island can give you any Permission for anything?
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    That is a nice looking bike. Did you buy it off Alibaba? How far would you have to break it down to get it to LIC? I thought they would be more complicated but looks like assemble / disassembly wouldn't be to bad.

Bought it off Alibaba

Assembly was very fast...front wheel and then handle bars. Motor is in rear hub.

Shipping carton was about 48" x 36" x 12". I could not find a folding bike at the time, that I would be caught dead riding and decided that the folding idea was not even necessary. Not like I am going to put it in a suitcase.

I have only one complaint and that is it is too damn high. I am 5' 10" (average height?) and I can barely touch the ground at a sitting stand still. Otherwise it is a great ride. I bought an extra battery for $150 ($600 in US).

I built a carrier for it that slides into my trailer hitch, so I can transport it to ride in the state parks which is in most cases illegal unless you have a handicapped sticker, which my friendly doctor gave me. It is really a stupid regulation against e-bikes and an unenforceable law. The bike makes NO noise and I am regularly passed by (true) bike enthusiasts pedaling their young asses off.

If I had it to do over again (and may), I would get an aluminum frame, fat tire bike with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed transmission built into the rear hub and a Bafang mid-drive that mounts in the pedal shaft. That is the ultimate e-bike IMHO. Details upon request.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    If I had it to do over again (and may), I would get an aluminum frame, fat tire bike with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed transmission built into the rear hub and a Bafang mid-drive that mounts in the pedal shaft. That is the ultimate e-bike IMHO. Details upon request.
    I have no idea on any of this ^ but it sounds like you did a lot of research.

With the bike you have, daily trips into town should be easy enough. Should be able to get food and rum back to the house at least, maybe not a sack of concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    That is a nice looking bike.
    Indeed it is. I'm looking into purchasing a similar model.

Blog Entries

Can Cargolution ship electric bikes from China directly to LCI?