Thread: Express customs and immigration service

Blog Entries

Default Express customs and immigration service

My wife preceded me on this trip and sprung for that service where someone meets you as you get off the plane and whisks you through immigration and customs. However much it costs, it's worth it. He was standing there with a sign with my name spelled "Jhon" but he took my older daughter and me to a "special" line for immigration (U$10 cash per person, by the way), and the line was short, only two guys ahead of us. Then he got our baggage claim tickets and with just a color description of our luggage (and "guitar case") he found them right away. Then through customs, where they wanted to see the blender we brought for my wife's aunt, and off we went to the Best Western Las Mercedes shuttle to spend the night across the street. It was 11:30pm by then, so that was a wise choice. Adjoining air conditioned rooms, kids in one room us in another. We almost missed complementary breakfast from sleeping late, it's supposed to end at 10am but they accommodated a few stragglers like us.

Default Re: Express customs and immigration service

All kinds of special treatment. Wish I could roll like that.

I dont really understand this service though, cause that sounds like the normal procedure, so i dont get what you paid for?

The last time we flew in a month ago coming back from Belize, we got off the plane, went into the immigration line, where there was only 1 person ahead of us, paid our 10 bucks per person, grabbed our bag off the baggage belt, and walked through customs easily without saying a word (just put the bags on the xray belt, and grabbed them on the other side).
    This has been the case with literally every time i have flown into the country.

" . . . .I don't really understand this service though, cause that sounds like the normal procedure, so i don't get what you paid for? ...."

Some guys,, like Trump, just need that special treatment.

Are the plumbing fixtures in your house gold plated ?

Blog Entries

The immigration lines for the peasants were clogged with the other 130 passengers we flew with. When it's nearly midnight after traveling all day, every little assistance is welcome.

Blog Entries

Coming in I usually try to get a seat near the front, I know the procedure so I try to rush past anyone in front of me to hit the line early, always painless.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Coming in I usually try to get a seat near the front, I know the procedure so I try to rush past anyone in front of me to hit the line early, always painless.

Yes, I remember those days as the synapses fire,, slowly.
    Future humans will have a USB socket for a memory stick.

I flew so much that I was either upgraded to business class for free, or paid some nominal amount like $50 -if there was a seat available. From time to time business class was full with some buttheads paying the full fare.

Now I always seem to get the last seat in the plane,, the one against the lav that doesn't recline. I'm not sure if it's chance, or if God is punishing me for my snotty attitude back then.

I remember turning to a seat mate, (two across) as a steerage passenger from the front of the back of the plane snuck into the much closer lav in front

"I wouldn't mind so much,, but they always pee on the floor . . .."

My seatmate nodded sagely,, and replied "I need another drink ".