Thread: Our Nicaraguan Dividend

Blog Entries

Default Our Nicaraguan Dividend

I hadn't given the idea much thought. We'd been together 8 yrs, married 7. My Nica wife wanted my baby. Just like the song, or so it seemed. I was flattered, to the point stupidity. Her intentions were securing that life-bond that is the ultimate biological expression of man-woman union, something beyond social legalities or religious oaths.

And so, 2 & half years ago, Lance was born in Leon. (Conceived in NJ, USA, which matters little, if no one holds it against him.) A little latino with hair the color of a lion's. Here's a foto of him on Christmas eve, up way past his bedtime, holding onto a power pole waiting for Santa Claus. Someone gave him the idea that Santa's a Sandinista, or so it appears.

He got a haircut for Christmas. The next foto shows him getting his New Year's bath.

Needless to say, my life, what remains for this old retiree holed up half the year in Nicaragua where, I once thought, budgets can stretch to the max, is topsy-turvy, is now dedicated to this little guy of ours. Changing diapers, cleaning poopy butts, hanging out in the park or sometimes on the corner watching a veritable city menagerie pass us by, going on walk-abouts where he climbs every step & peers into every open-door house & says "adios!" or "hola!" - the utter joy of my life and his friendly ways shines a welcome light into many a stranger's life.
    Last edited by Daddy-YO; 01-30-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Our Nicaraguan Dividend

Congrats! But the pictures aren't showing...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Congrats! But the pictures aren't showing...
    Thanks. But hey, I see them large and clear. Other TRN'ers?

Copied & pasted from Google photo.

Blog Entries

Nope!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

I can't see them. Instead, I see a grey circle with a white minus sign in the middle.
    Soy el chele mono.

Blog Entries

Curious. I don't understand what's wrong. Here i put the urls in the box opened by the 'insert image' button, however they're not jpg nor gif nor gnp, but a massive, linear alphabet soup. I can't see images. Just small boxes. Can anyone out there see the fotos? How about on the original posting now (I dropped the url links)?

Blog Entries

Logging on to a different computa I still see the fotos in my original post. Here I will try again to attach 'em without using Google Photo. But I can't. The original fotos here don't have a url. They're jpeg. I copied 'em but am unable to paste them here on TRN.

So I went back to G-P to copy the same ones. (The urls still look impossible.) Now I can paste 'em. They look fine to me. Can you see 'em? If not, any clues as to what to try next are greatly appreciated.

And so, 2 & half years ago, Lance was born in Leon. (Conceived in NJ, USA, which matters little, if no one holds it against him.) A little latino with hair the color of a lion's. Here's a foto of him on Christmas eve, up way past his bedtime, holding onto a power pole waiting for Santa Claus. Someone gave him the idea that Santa's a Sandinista, or so it appears.

Hope you figure it out.. I want to see the pics.

Here's Sebastian at one year. If I already posted these pics,, I apologize to all.
    Peoples eyes glaze over when I pull out my phone and start showing pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see KWP's attached pics (cute baby!) but not Daddy-Yo's linked ones.

I also see the grey circle with the white bar. I have found that I cannot post pics from Google into TRN unless I am viewing the pic opened (not in the small grid layout with other pics). Once open, right click it, save image address, then hit insert image button and paste link in. If you can still the picture but we are only seeing the grey circle then its probably some type of privacy setting, just run the privacy set-up for your account.

Mine

Blog Entries

Google Photos is permission-based, unlike Photobucket (don't use it, they SUCK), or Postimage.org (free, easy to use).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    I see KWP's attached pics (cute baby!) but not Daddy-Yo's linked ones.

I also see the grey circle with the white bar. I have found that I cannot post pics from Google into TRN unless I am viewing the pic opened (not in the small grid layout with other pics). Once open, right click it, save image address, then hit insert image button and paste link in. If you can still the picture but we are only seeing the grey circle then its probably some type of privacy setting, just run the privacy set-up for your account.
    Thanks for the help. All my albums on G-P are marked 'shared', but apparently only with people on my email list. When I hit 'share' it directs me to type "a name or email". 'Sharing options' gives me a link for the whole album. Here goes a lame attempt to follow your directions via its url:

I see our guy hugging the Sandinista power pole. Do you?

Blog Entries

On the presumption of dumb-luck success, here's the other, after his Christmas haircut:

Kid looks more Gringo than I do

Yeah, rug rats abound here, in my case grandkids. Took the 2 bigger ones to the circo last night. They were all jazzed. Animal-less circo, gymnasts and magicians and stuff. Pretty good except for the part where the performers motioned to the kids to scream louder.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

Picture success for Daddy-Yo!

Blog Entries

To paraphrase. success never looked so sweet.

Again, thanks Kwah2249
    I have found that I cannot post pics from Google into TRN unless I am viewing the pic opened (not in the small grid layout with other pics). Once open, right click it, save image address, then hit insert image button and paste link in.
    The trick was clicking the 'share' logic doohickey with the foto open and then ignoring the dialog box that opens and copy & paste the url. I had simply copied & pasted the url in 'insert image' before, but what I saw no one else did.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Kid looks more Gringo than I do
    OK, but remember, for the purposes of Affirmative Action, he's a latino. Unless the 'conservatives' totally rewrite the liberal agenda. Then all hedged bets are off.

Yeah, rug rats abound here, in my case grandkids. Took the 2 bigger ones to the circo last night.
    Duende Grande, we took Lance to the circus in Esteli when he was one. Had plenty of big cats, dogs & ponies.
    All assume I'm the kid's grandpop. I'm 72; my son's 2. My daughters - the oldest being my wife's age - have yet to grace the ex & I with a grandkid. (With picture success (& KWP approaching) come TRN confessionals.)

Congrats on the pic posting success

Adorable lil fella. I bet he gets plenty of attention with that blond hair. When I took mine to BLU I couldn't make it a block w/o girls and women taking him out of the stroller to take pictures with him.

The "conservatives " are a part of the liberal agenda. Maybe the Trumpster Centrist will remove the blight of tribalism called "affirmative action"!

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"