Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flossie Se Fue!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Flossie Se Fue!

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Our grandchildren fight over toys. too. They have to be taught to share when appropriate.
    Share? That sounds like communism to me.

When buddy baby is pushed down and his toy is taken away by bully baby, buddy cries a'wailing and adults - with pained ears - give bully baby a smacking, and return the toy to its rightful owner.

Private property rights must be enforced.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    I don't know where my baby boy got his Marxist training.
    When his buddy baby has a new toy, he grabs for it. If the other is flaunting it or teasing him with it, he'll push him down & take it. Adults intercede immediately to enforce the laws protecting Capitalistic gain.
    Y'all are this close to being right... You just have it backwards.

Marxism is childish infintilism written into manifesto form. Ol' Karl was a notorious loser who couldn't even tie his shoes without Engels' help. Marxism is the seven deadly sins turned into virtues, and mandated by an authoritarian overlord.

My take on contemporary Nic.--
    33% congenital Sandinistas, 33% fake Sandis while the economy is good, 33% confused opposition, 1% statistically unimportant.
    Last one probably includes me.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Well every single sole who lives(ed) north of the Rio grand is in the top 8% of the world income bracket, so technically correct.

Chilo said she would gladly fly Red and Black if it got her goodies - And therer in lies the rub - Once you have too many "Have nots" it is too difficult to coach them to get into practices that make them sustainable "Haves". A delicate balance. And once a society falls down the have not ditch it is a bugger to crawl out, if ever... As Dec 1972 shows..

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Share? That sounds like communism to me.

When buddy baby is pushed down and his toy is taken away by bully baby, buddy cries a'wailing and adults - with pained ears - give bully baby a smacking, and return the toy to its rightful owner.

Private property rights must be enforced.

Sebastian plays a lot with Aciel. Aciel is pretty tranquilo, but older and bigger (there is a recent picture with the pics of the farm from El Fraile). He is chunky,, his legs are bowed because of his weight.

If Aciel has something Sebastian wants,, Sebastian just walks up to him and takes it. Aciel COULD just punch or push him, but the thought has probably never occurred to him.

So this all starts pretty early. I had a teacher once who claimed that an individual's personality if fully formed by the time he or she is six.

Latest poop on the community well. The muni hired an engineer in town to investigate the well. No problem found, further investigation found the operator was busy with a second job and didn't have time to fill the tank (apparently it is not automated so he has to turn a valve, think real hard, and turn it off 2 hours later) and made up the story. Whole community without water for 3 weeks. He was told if he did it again he would lose his job.

While checking this, they found an illegal connection to the tank, a local farmer/tourist developer was sending his man up at night to give him water for his finca. A responsible party was told to add a second padlock to the valve and that the police would be called the next time it happened.

Justice is served, sort of, campo style.

Kinda reminds me of something the little woman told me when we first met. She said she never wanted to work in the US because she heard that if you screw up on the job they fire you and she couldn't live with such an indignity.
    Must be a cultural thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post

Kinda reminds me of something the little woman told me when we first met. She said she never wanted to work in the US because she heard that if you screw up on the job they fire you and she couldn't live with such an indignity.
    Must be a cultural thing.
    LMAO!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Sometimes you get what you pay for. Folk on a survival level income tend to tolerate casual incompetence on the job. What is the valve-turner paid? Cost of automation?

The muni hired an engineer in town to investigate the well. . . . Whole community without water for 3 weeks.
    Is the system so complicated that no one or two in the community could check it themselves? I mean, 3 weeks without water? The whole community?
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

He's paid more than he is worth!
    He told them it was out of water. With the extended drought that is not implausible, just not true. Details, details.
    Lack of regulatory authority--in the US he would be in jail for endangering public health. Problem is, here life is cheap.

Back to town we stopped by a neighbors house to chat. After making double sure his Shepard was tied up, we went in. Not really tied up tied up, the big chain was tied to a piece of that cheapo plastic rope they sell here and the rope was very degraded by UV or something. OK, we are batting 500 on the tied up thing.

Nice to have other retirees in the neighborhood, they keep an eye on things. The 2 muchachas that cruise thru on a moto are going to the end of the street to smoke dope. Always wondered why people need an old-fashioned 1 1/2 hour lunch? The drug dealers quit using our street when a tree fell over and blocked it and nobody remove it for a year. But they are back, a guy on a moto goes to the end of the street with a big backpack and comes back with a little one.

Hot news, the other night somebody robbed the cedro door from a guys 2nd story veranda. Cedro doors don't grow on trees, they cost about 300 bucks installed. He keeps weird hours and doesn't always come home. Nobody knows his phone number, so it just sat, a cool nor'easter blowin in the busted door frame.

Well, he blew in today. You snooze, you loose, last nite somebody got his other door and the motor from the electric garage door opener. He's going to call the cops manana during daylight.

Did I mention Pricemart has a good selection of security cameras? Snicker, snicker, they only allocate floor space on things that sale.

Blog Entries

Sounds like your doorless neighbor needs the shepherd on the weak rope, in addition to the cameras. Pricemart might sell a lot of game cameras if they got them in. The ones hunters use to automatically take pictures of critters that wander in front of the device.

Somehow I'm going to have to convince my wife that the house we plan to build needs to look just as shabby and impoverished as the neighbors' houses, and that we should forego all worldly possessions if we really intend to live there peacefully.

I traveled on the ferry from cabo to matzatlan with a group of ski bums years ago. One carried a gunny sack like potatoes used to come in. He said all his travel belongings were inside, and each and every item could be replaced at the next town if lost.

Anyway, so there I was, sleeping , when we got a phone call that my wife's younger son had to go to the hospital. I asked why they don't just get in a cab and go direct. Silly me. "you know how Esteli is, it isn't safe downtown to go out looking for a cab at 3am". All ended well, he was treated and released, seems a case of bad camerones.

I slept in, and heard them return about 730 am and started to stir. Next I heard my wife screaming. Normally, Nica women screaming is not anything to worry about, a cultural thing I think, but I heard the word "ladron" so I got up. Seems as she was bringing the kid's clothes in the house she caught motion in the side of her eye. A thief was hanging from the 3rd floor window and dropped to the ground, follow by the second thief. Seems they were inside when the owner pulled up and they bailed. He followed in the truck , but they got away. Probably back in town drinking or smoking dope and bragging about their grand adventure. The neighbors hoped they at least got sprained ankles, but they ran like bunny rabbits and didn't appear injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    LMAO!

Double down on that one!!
    Much of the crowd I've met here -with sterling exceptions- would find it hard to keep a job at WalMart ....
    "Oh,, you mean I need to show up EVERYDAY?? Yesterday was my primo's cumpleaños and the day before I needed to get my drivers license."

I'd love to see a Wal Mart associate hold up her finger to a customer while she took a phone call. It's a different world here.

But a lot of Nicas have managed to adapt and send home remisas to the tune of 1 Bil.

So there i wuz minding my own business in the house at 2 pm and the little woman walks in. She went around the corner to talk to the lady in the German Shepard house and saw a pandillero half a block away complete with red bandana. She looked at him to try to remember his face and he reacted by doing the pandillero dick adjustment move, sticking his hands in his pants like he has a weapon or something exciting there. She came straight home and called the neighbor and found out the other neighbor 3 blocks away had captured the one thief hiding in an abandoned construction and was holding him at gunpoint waiting for the police. By the time we got there the whole neighborhood had turned out and were saying unkind words to the punk who did not look happy, 6 hours alone without acetominafen or water or anything. The police handcuffed him and carried him to their truck, it appears he had a broken foot or something.

Best guess is he could not travel more so he hid and was waiting for his friend to come rescue him, which is probably why the friend was around the corner.He disappeared in the brush and river bed. Later we were walking the neighborhood and found a bicycle hidden in the thorn scrub, probably the thief's but maybe the homeowners. The homeowner could not be found and didn't answer his phone. Rumor has it that he is chronically ill and not up to all the excitement.

When I returned to the house my stepson was up from sleeping off the food poisoning and said his mom went with 2 neighbors to do the denuncia. They were the only actual witnesses.

Stay tuned for the next episode of Retired in Paradise.

Pretty entertaining. Good to see at least one got injured dropping from the 3rd floor window.

I seems the guy I had seen going there was the son, who returned to the US. Nothing in the house so they tried to run without a guard. Bad choice, there went the doors and motor! Neighbors finally tracked down the dad and told him to get his butt to the police or they were going to let him go for lack of a formal complaint.

House is pretty well hardened by design, the only glaring error is not having serpentina on the second floor balcony. Metal doors downstairs and no side or back windows on sides or back except the third floor window. We were looking at iron spikes instead of serpentina for the front of our place. They can be had premade from the hardware stores instead of having a soldador bang them out one by one.

It all stirred up some interest in getting street lighting. You petition disnorte and if they go along they put a small charge on each electric bill in the area, just like the sewer bill on the water bill.

Much more fun than just shooting the guy . . . .

His daddy will turn out to be a Sandi and he'll be back next week (or as soon as his foot heals).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Sounds like your doorless neighbor needs the shepherd on the weak rope, in addition to the cameras. Pricemart might sell a lot of game cameras if they got them in. The ones hunters use to automatically take pictures of critters that wander in front of the device.

Somehow I'm going to have to convince my wife that the house we plan to build needs to look just as shabby and impoverished as the neighbors' houses, and that we should forego all worldly possessions if we really intend to live there peacefully.

This is probably true.
    I have constantly surprised people of good, and dubious intentions with where i live in the city. Almost everyone guesses "las colinas" or "santo domingo" when im about to tell them my address. Im guessing based on the fact that i am not nicaraguan. I tell them my address and they say "but thats in the middle of the city? arent you scared?"
    One time i had a repairman come over, and he didnt think i could speak spanish well, so i overheard him telling his friend he was gonna finally see the house of the gringo he has seen in the area. He was visibly disappointed when i walked him over to where i live. He was convinced there was a bigger home behind it, or that this was a second home and my REAL home was somewhere on the outskirts of town. The gas guy that delivers my tank still asks me where my other home is, where i keep all my stuff, even though he has been there every couple months for the last few years. I still havent convinced my neighbor that i don't have a TV (they wanted to watch a game on my nice big TV, and thought i was being rude when i tried to tell them no because i have no TV. I even invited one man into my house to see for himself, but he was convinced i just hid it really well so it wouldnt get stolen.

The more you have, the more they want.

It all stirred up some interest in getting street lighting. You petition disnorte and if they go along they put a small charge on each electric bill in the area, just like the sewer bill on the water bill.

Lights definitely help, at least I feel that's the case. And the LED bulbs take so little you can afford to leave them on all night.
    Now that you have the perp or perps, and these are probably the ones who have been breaking into houses there over the last two years,, couldn't you appeal to the more noble instincts of the PN,, take a collection in the neighborhood,, come up with $100, and offer it to the police with the understanding that this is not going to happen again.

They beat the two kids senseless and tell them to find another neighborhood to rob. Police feel good about doing their job,, neighborhood is safe (word spreads), and everyone is happy.

A starting PN makes C$5000 a month.

Blog Entries

But... But... Fydel said labor was free in Nicaragua.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12