Thread: Krisnia Se Caso!

Default Krisnia Se Caso!

Most of you know Krisnia from the pictures I've posted over the years. She has been with me almost three years.

She was in Leon two weeks ago on my nickel checking out the possibility of going to school there, studying medicine at UCAM. I got the nut to enter,, $397, she found a reasonably priced room at $80/month.

A week later to the day I hear she is married. This gives a new meaning to de repente,, por golpe, suddenly.

No one saw this coming. Not her parents,, her friends,, Ariana didn't know. As an aside to those following Ariana, she found steady work,, 4 days a week,, ten bucks an hour in cash. About what she would get at WalMart. Her nose is clean,, no visa baggage, and no one knows when she got there. She'll undoubtedly become part of Trump's amnesty.

They say love is blind. Jorge is short,, a year+ younger than her, macho, poor, still with two years of high school to complete. He's a neighbor, and other than the motivation he showed stealing corn from my cornfield,, they is not much to recommend him.

Krisnia is that rarity, a tall, slender Nicaraguan woman. She reads, is curious about the world outside Nicaragua. She is always flawlessly dressed and groomed.

Jorge lives in a shit hole house,, a small finca that abuts my lower cornfield. Wood smoke from a hole in the roof, trash in the yard. His mother died tragically about a year ago,, probably cervical or ovarian cancer, and his father works in Estelí. The mother left four children, one new baby. The househhold is held together by Jorge's younger sister, about 12 or 13, and the abuela.

No more long hot showers for Krisnia,, or turning up that electric blanket to 7 or 8 on those cold nights. Sour grapes?? You bet!
    I do feel a little aprovechando.

Krisnia traded messages daily,, and would see each other at least a couple times a week. No more. A married woman has to maintain some distance. I did see her walking along the Carretera in Condega,, waved to her, and she came over and gave me the $1000 cords she owed me. I advanced her 3000 for her trip to Leon, and she spent 2000 of that.

This was two or three days after her marriage,, her eyes were searching mine,, to see if I knew. I just said, "How's it going?"
    and she said, "Fine". She was with Jorge's younger sister, I'd never seen them together before.

I wish her the best, and Jorge by extension. Lot of water under that bridge.

I'm sure that there is more to this story. Speculation in the campo is rife,, the chisme mill is working overtime.

Stay tuned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Krisnia Se Caso!

Presumably (it would be remarkable if this weren't the case) the romance between them predated your break with her by a goodly amount of time. This would explain her sudden desire to break it off and go her own way.

I'm sorry man, that's sucks. "No me diga en la esquina: el venado, el venado..."
    Soy el chele mono.

Blog Entries

Pirate, man, I can't stop shaking my head. Your life as a gringo farmer in Nicaragua is stranger than fiction. I need a scorecard to keep track of so many extraordinary happenings. I'm not referring to your buxom sow who's about to farrow or your cow named Flossie who got borrowed by a thief or your burro named Barrie or your dam, lake & road. It's your women and Ariana's baby who you & mostly Krisnia have been raising. There's your wife Shelley - is she in AZ now or with you there on the farm? I can't keep track. I remember when you wrote about smuggling a very pregnant Ariana across the border so the little guy would be a US citizen, but I didn't understand why you brought the baby back to Nicaragua and left his mother there in the States. And as far as I could figure, the father is totally out of the boy's life. So who will continue to care for the little guy (Sebastion?)?

Krisnia just graduated from HS - she's 18, right? But you say she's been with you for near 3 years? Now that she & hubby Jorge & 4 or 5 others live in a rustic, poverty shack on the edge of your property, it would seem you're now in doubled jeopardy, between them and the cow thief. Especially if Krisnia continues to work for you - how else will they survive?(I assume Med school is out.)

Pirate, you're unique. I can't think of another I've met who could deal with the manifold complications that you've created.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Pirate, man, I can't stop shaking my head. Your life as a gringo farmer in Nicaragua is stranger than fiction. I need a scorecard to keep track of so many extraordinary happenings. I'm not referring to your buxom sow who's about to farrow or your cow named Flossie who got borrowed by a thief or your burro named Barrie or your dam, lake & road. It's your women and Ariana's baby who you & mostly Krisnia have been raising. There's your wife Shelley - is she in AZ now or with you there on the farm? I can't keep track. I remember when you wrote about smuggling a very pregnant Ariana across the border so the little guy would be a US citizen, but I didn't understand why you brought the baby back to Nicaragua and left his mother there in the States. And as far as I could figure, the father is totally out of the boy's life. So who will continue to care for the little guy (Sebastion?)?

Krisnia just graduated from HS - she's 18, right? But you say she's been with you for near 3 years? Now that she & hubby Jorge & 4 or 5 others live in a rustic, poverty shack on the edge of your property, it would seem you're now in doubled jeopardy, between them and the cow thief. Especially if Krisnia continues to work for you - how else will they survive?(I assume Med school is out.)

Pirate, you're unique. I can't think of another I've met who could deal with the manifold complications that you've created.

Ummmm.....AMEN!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

What Daddy-Yo said!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    What Daddy-Yo said!
    \
    \OK, Shelley is in Florida. She's my ex but we are close. She's working a contract with Soliant,, a nurse agency, as a surgical nurse at Canaveral. Four tens,, good benefits, good money.

Krisnia,,,, I haven't heard a word. The rumor is she's pregnant,, and there are doubts that Jorge is the father,, but what's new in Nicaragua???
    Krisnia is a year and a half older than Jorge,, he's still in high school, and has this year and another.

Sebastian continues to prosper but,, yes,, has to return to the US. Ariana has started to message me in English,, broken,, but still,, she is moving ahead.
    Sebastian came to Nicaragua simply because Ariana couldn't take care of him.

Life goes on. I feel a bit used: I'm paying for a trip to Leon to investigate UCAM and find a room,, and a week later plus one day she's married.
    Now I'm beginning to think that Jorge might have been the chicken thief.

But I have much more important things on my plate. My tourist visit is expiring and my sow is about to drop 12 or more piglets on me. If I drive to MGA I could extend my car permit,, maybe find a cheap flight to San Jose and back?? Kill a couple of birds with one stone.

I DID find an unlimited source of suero (whey), and close. This is a byproduct of the cujada and soft cheese making business here.

The sow and the other two pigs love it. The sow loaded up this morning, stretched out on the wood shavings, and I swear,, let out this contented sigh.

The stuff is clean and fresh,, and costs close to nothing. I'm going to experiment with some kind of mash.

So as you see,, I don't have much time to dwell on Krisnia and the mysterious workings of her mind.

GOOD LUCK,, JORGE!

Life goes on (did I already say that)?

Blog Entries

Absolutely right: 'life goes on' You're a tough, young-thinking pirate-farmer and that's the right bottom line.

It would seem Krisnia's "trip to Leon to study medicine in UCAN" was a simple con. I'd guess you paid for her honeymoon with Jorge. If she's pregnant, as you hear, at least you know it's not yours. (I recall you saying you had a vasectomy.)

And all this activity on tourist visas . . . whew . . . you're some kind of special, man!
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Shelly works for Soylent Green?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Shelly works for Soylent Green?
    I thought the same thing when I read it.
    Soy el chele mono.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Absolutely right: 'life goes on' You're a tough, young-thinking pirate-farmer and that's the right bottom line.

It would seem Krisnia's "trip to Leon to study medicine in UCAN" was a simple con. I'd guess you paid for her honeymoon with Jorge. If she's pregnant, as you hear, at least you know it's not yours. (I recall you saying you had a vasectomy.)

And all this activity on tourist visas . . . whew . . . you're some kind of special, man!

Honey Moon,, maybe!
    Anything is possible.

I heard from someone (one of my workers who had talked to Jorge) that Krisnia called Jorge out of the blue and asked him if he wanted to get married. That was after she got back from Leon. It's quite a match for Jorge.

The Morales farm is very small, it abuts my farm perhaps, 20 meters..

We are building a stone wall along the length of their house,, below the fence,, just a rough formed wall using concrete and stones from the corn field.

They cross into my farm to get to the main road to the south. We're replacing weak posts on both sides of the Morales house (Gomez properties, Gomez is big family here, church going and honest),, and adding a fifth strand of barbed wire. The house is a shit hole,, I'll get a picture.

A variety of people use a corner of my property to pass to the road. That corner is being re-worked and closed off as well. They walk on my farm because Gomez doesn't want them on her farm.

The story becomes more and more mysterious. I'm going to try and find a picture of Jorge. He worked for me awhile. I was looking for an excuse to boot him when he left. He was a slacker.

NOW,, I'm thinking that he might have been the chicken thief of yore. He knew the chickens were there, had opportunity.

I'm too busy to waste much time thinking about it. I had a lady in Condega iron shirts and pants today,, so that part of the Krisnia relationship has been replaced. I have someone cleaning my house three days a week.

Indeed, Live Goes On!

Soylent Green: I think of that everytime I remove the pig shit from the pen.
    Man,, does that stuff heat up the compost pile. It's an olive drab color,, reminds me a bit of my army days as well.