Thread: Cigarettes, Whiskey, and Wild Wild Women

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Cigarettes, Whiskey, and Wild Wild Women

Cigarettes,Whiskey, and Wild Wild Women
    They’ll makeyou Crazy, they’ll Drive you insane.

Got thatfrom one of them Jean Claude VanDamn movies. Yes it is True that drink will getyou if you let it. Just like cigarettes and wild crazy women. Rum and Cigarettesare cheap here and Wild Women in the trade center capitol center of the regionare plentiful.

All of itwill put a man in the gutter of life if you have no self-control. That is whatall those Baptist ministers warned us about as a kid coming along. How terribleit was to get caught up like that and many like a dog returning to his pukeover and over again unable to quit.

These menand sometimes a few women scattered among them are the local Drunkards andBums. Let me tell ya I didn’t want none of that lifestyle and I always pointedthem out to my children, asking them is they wanted that for a future careerfor themselves. So far it has worked, my children are a sober lot.

So I walkedup the gravel road about ¼ mile from my house to the big road that goes all theway eventually to Managua which is 530 some kilometers to the West and forabout 60 cents caught a taxi for the ride into town. About ½ mile up the roadit turns into cobblestones which the locals refer to it a pavement. The taxihad been to one of the two gas stations that serve the town which one of them isnot far from my house.

The driverwas a clean cut, strong looking young man, tried to speak English with me asmany of them do, and we chattered back and forth. I didn’t know him because heevidently was not long at the job.

Got up tothe crossroads where several people on their open air tables under blackplastic shades cut up and sell sea turtle meat. After turning onto the streetleading into town going I guess at about 15-20 MPH, just he a driving and meriding “Shotgun” we approached a place where they sell posts.

These postsare used for fencing, legs to build a wooden shack upon or the long ones usedfor electric wire distribution where the National power lines do as yet go.

We had had alittle rain that morning and right in front of a stack of posts was a puddle ofwater standing on our side of the road, oh I guess about 40 foot long and 10feet wide and maybe 6 inches deep.

Now thedriver at that time could have very easily gone around it, but he didn’t. Heincreased the Ground Speed on the car and headed directly at the center of thepuddle.

Just on theother side of the puddle was about 6 people standing and let me tell you, theWave that car made was about 10 feet high and I recon a surfer could havegotten up on his surf board on it.

It wet thatcrowd of men down from head to toe. I looked over at the driver somewhatshocked for a second.

He gave meone of them “Clint Eastwood Smiles” and said….

They are alldrunks and bums and “Rock Men” (meaning drug users) and never take a bath, butthey got one today and will never remember even the color of this taxi or whowas driving it.

I Swear Icould not catch my breath from laughing….
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cigarettes, Whiskey, and Wild Wild Women

Blog Entries

Vigilante Justice!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

I expect those wild wild women appreciate the rinsing their drunk or bum or 'rock man' got that day.

Vintage JPJW - great to see your words splurged across my TRN screen!

And now that I know where to look on FB, it would seem you're on your way to becoming a counter-(Zuckerberg)-culture hero. What is 'free speech' if it ain't what folk speak freely among themselves?
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Great to have you back.
    We all missed you.

I remember that you were living next to a house of some ill repute??

Do you have that address handy?

Good to see ya again JPJW. You staying in the USA or going to wander back to Nica?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya know one feller responded to this like I was putting down the use of Cigs, Whiskey, and Wild Wild Women and told me I was kicked out of the Club... LOL....

My young'uns have been driving me crazy lately, was a lot easier to handle them when I was the Dictater and they my loyal subjects. Now that they have started thinking and acting for themselves... Well some things I approve of and others not, but they are over 18 now and in the States and on their own except for my "Placeney" She wants to finish her High School here in Paradise...

Perhaps just she and I in the house and no more inhouse arguing with the others around I will fair better.. But Face Book does give me a chance to chat with them and family that I do like. Some of my family aren't worth the powder it would take to send them to Davy Jones Locker.... And that includes some of my Mistizo family as well.......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...