Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: The Plot thickens, or the plot thins

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Plot thickens, or the plot thins

We got up north this past weekend.

We took the boat across lake Huron (Chee CheMaun) which made the trip to a lake side cabin for the first evening. Got some astrophotography in and it wass OK for my first kick - A little blurry when zoomed in but OK for thumbnails like the attached.

When at the plot we found we had new neighbors who are from the city where my Mom lives (Hamilton) and we struck up a conversation. They bought last July and have one acre.

We trudged the 200' into the bush, moved some logs, took some measurements made some observations and left two trailcams set.

A return trip the first 2 weeks of Nov will show if the trail cams find anything and a new set of cards will be popped in then. In discussion with those neighbors it came to light that another neighbor (We are at the corner point of 4 - 100 acre parcels with a few small cut outs) has a water well.

That neighbor, with the well, is also squatting on public land - Apparently an exception of structures built before 1978 allowed it to stand. The structure is very tired and the elderly owner does not get to it often. The 4 of us (Corner land owners) will see if we can convince the fellow to allow access to the well - The well is on public land so it should be not that much trouble to just mimic another beside that well pump shack.

Working now to get a road access to the property that will allow a equivelent to building permit to be generated. As it is an unincorperated township there is not a building certificate, but a certificate of conformity. The CofC is just a drawing that shows structure #1 here, structure #2 there making sure it is a certain amount of distance from the property line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Fascinating shit! Untold adventures in the waiting.
    Makes Nicaragua look like a walk in the park. We've got SINSA,, after all.
    At least some of us are getting out and about.

It will be nice to have somewhere cool to go (albeit virtually) in Nicaragua in April before the rains start.

So, you need to get a U tube channel going, with a catchy name so we can all subscribe.

Nanook of the North
    is already taken

Most of the rest of us are just sitting around, listening to Bob Dylan,, waiting for the fat lady to sing.

J&J's vaccine is coming from behind, but looks like it might be the eventual winner for a number of reasons.

Johnson & Johnson has begun manufacturing the vaccine on an industrial scale to build up a supply that can be released immediately if the vaccine is authorized, Dr. Stoffels said in an interview on Wednesday. He expected to have tens of millions of doses ready by the end of the year. “Then we can ramp up to many more batches,” he said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/h...d-johnson.html

Blog Entries

So review time..

So the initial plan was (All those long years ago)

... Jan 21 2021 is the drop cube life for split time in Niclandia and work for 3 or 4 months a year.

Then it pivoted in 2018 to Canadian Turkey day (2nd Monday in October) 2021 for split time. That would be one year from this weekend.

But I have been mulling it over and discussing with Chilo and it has revised yet again.

The Mother corp is somewhat fearful that they will not have the old folk (you know people who can use an oscilloscope, read a schematic, solder and actually trace a circuit) until this technology fades into the sunset (about 10 to 12 years)

So there is some cash on the table and some accommodation on attendance on their part.

So over the last bit we have settled on 6 weeks off, unpaid, for 2021. This is over and above my one day shy of 4 weeks vacation allotment.

In those 10 weeks we should be able to knock out the remainder of the house in Masaya (two - 2 week - visits) and get the cabin framed and dried in in the 6 weeks in the fall

Then in 2022 with a full 2 months off, the final tweaks can be made and then we revisit the real split time - time line. Heck maybe we can even build appartments once His DOS-ness is re-throned Nov 2021

My (work) boss was turning blue as I laid this out lime line as she thought I was actually coming in to say I am done and going to retire now before I brought up the unpaid leave time lin..

So in US Corp based foreign subsidiary talk.... I am safe for one more quarter

Blog Entries

Daniel called today that Jimmy is good to start again and we do not need an additional sizmica (sp) to finish off the first floor columns to hold the 2nd floor.

Also Chilo Jocote trees are doing great.

We should be cementing in the remnants of the first floor this week and be done mid Oct.

Another cleanup was done this week - Things grow like wild fire on the lot.

And the Bougainvilleas have taken a strong foot hold and the sidewalk is looking more like a sidewalk :-)

Blog Entries

Came across the post from 2017 where the lotification across the street was selling for $49K - They are now listed for $69.5K and from the look of the lot map, they are selling.

https://www.facebook.com/residencialElCoyotepe/

Blog Entries

Watching prices, is a bit boggling, looks like many spots have seen increase in price, with many fewer buyers. A marketing ploy??? All is well, jump on in... Hurry before the bargains are gone.

When the election shit starts, is going to get uncomfortable for many Gringos.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789