Thread: First breakin of the Daniel era

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default First breakin of the Daniel era

So over Saturday night, the first break-in of the post-2006 Daniel era occurred at SIL place in Masaya.

Stolen were a laptop, couple old cell phones and other bits and pieces while SIL and her youngest daughter slept.

The back of the property is open to the sky and there is an empty lot next door. Speculation (My speculation) is that the empty lot was used to scale into the back yard and then open the rarely bolted back door to the house.

Across the street, the Mondongo house was his as well for similar items and also the house front Pulpetera 3 doors down from the Mondongo.

So it all looks coordinated over a few days or weeks.

It is the first time since the early 00's since that actual entry was made while people were in the house.

Apparently, some door rattling was heard Sunday night as well as, what can only be guessed the second attempt, was made but no access that time.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Default Re: First breakin of the Daniel era

No dogs around to bark?

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    So over Saturday night, the first break-in of the post-2006 Daniel era occurred at SIL place in Masaya.

Stolen were a laptop, couple old cell phones and other bits and pieces while SIL and her youngest daughter slept.

The back of the property is open to the sky and there is an empty lot next door. Speculation (My speculation) is that the empty lot was used to scale into the back yard and then open the rarely bolted back door to the house.

Across the street, the Mondongo house was his as well for similar items and also the house front Pulpetera 3 doors down from the Mondongo.

So it all looks coordinated over a few days or weeks.

It is the first time since the early 00's since that actual entry was made while people were in the house.

Apparently, some door rattling was heard Sunday night as well as, what can only be guessed the second attempt, was made but no access that time.

Scary.

Those cheap-O alarms from Harbor Freight are effective deterrents.
    Loud, portable, battery powered.

I attribute my good fortune to a number of those scattered about. You can purchase them with identical channels,, I.e.,, all the senders use channel 12. The receiver alarms when any of the senders detect motion.

YOU can turn off the alarm during the day,, mine is up on my tower. It's annoying but everyone who comes on the farm sets pff the alarm, and therefore knows it's there.

I also have one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Versonel-VSLN...security+light

and plan on buying more. I got mine at Costco for substantially less.

They have a camera, rotate to follow the "intruder", again,, everyone knows it's there, and that it takes pictures.
    It works 24=7 in terms of tracking someone,, but light only comes on at night.

we are just finishing up our perimeter wall and the next step is serpentina and cameras. Anyone have experiences with the cameras sold at pricemart?

Good news on the crime front, they caught the professional shoplifting team working Esteli, 2 well dressed women with big purses. One would distract clerk while the other one stuffed her purse. They got my step daughters tienda a while back. No luck on the armed robber who robbed her helper during closeup, or who fire bomber the tienda across the street.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"