Thread: Delta - YYZ to MGA - The lasts one ?

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Delta - YYZ to MGA - The lasts one ?

So tonight we bought our (possibly last) DELTA flight on points

45,000 points (90,000 total) and $360 bucks Canadian out on a Tuesday and back on a Wednesday

We only have 2,500 points left and the chance of flights with DELTA at the new old place quite low.

MGA - ATL - MGA and the same back - About 9 hrs each way total.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Default Re: Delta - YYZ to MGA - The lasts one ?

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    MGA - ATL - MGA and the same back - About 9 hrs each way total.
    I suppose there are people - Nicas - who do that loop just to spend time in the Atlanta airport buying duty-free whatnots. Of course I realize it's simply a typo (or brain-fart). While on the subject: how did Toronto end up with such an end-of-alphabet letter code? Bum luck that TOR (not, The Onion Router) got got by Torrington Municipal Airport in Wyoming (Cheney's state). But still, YYZ?

The whole corporate 'points' game reminds of coupons, green stamps (the color of money) and box-tops (admittedly, an antique currency). They're gimmicks that lock the customer into the corporate fold. Sure I realize that in a place of sparse population, with few choices, it's to your advantage to play their game.

Paper money & digital accounts have little intrinsic value. It's the collective faith in the system, the government that stands behind them that give them value. Where the belief system stands strong in today's world, it is displacing old-time religion.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    I suppose there are people - Nicas - who do that loop just to spend time in the Atlanta airport buying duty-free whatnots. Of course I realize it's simply a typo (or brain-fart). While on the subject: how did Toronto end up with such an end-of-alphabet letter code? Bum luck that TOR (not, The Onion Router) got got by Torrington Municipal Airport in Wyoming (Cheney's state). But still, YYZ?
    Have to google that - It is consistent across the country. Montreal YUL , Calgary YYC, Our little airport YKF and where all of the people landed on 9-11 (Gander) YQX .. It is probably something the British did in the 30' ...

Airline points have done me well.

(SC)air Canada since 97 and North Worst (Now Delta) in '04 and I had AA points as well.

Air Canada - Well I installed all of those LCD glass inspection systems from 04 to 09 and that got me over 300,000 points and then another 150,000 on North American travel and Canadian Credit Card points. With that, I went to Nica 3 times (with Chilo) went to Europe twice (Family reunion) Vagas twice. Also sent my Sister and Mom each to Europe.

AA I think we got one trip to Nica from those in '05

NWA/Delta was the kicker With 2/3rds of my Asian trips with them, and the branded Credit card that covered my expenses I am up to 600,000 life time miles plus a couple 2 or 3 hundred thousand CC points. From that one We took the entire family to Nica 3 times , my daughter to Australia, My SIL twice and this last trip The Aero Mexico trip we took was on Delta back in April, but now not a single AeroMexico option was presented.

The day to day CC I use accumulates points against Air Canada, but that agreement stops in 2020 - So another plan needs to be hatched there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Ah.. It is somewhat attributed to you Yanks..

http://gofar.aircanada.com/en/go-far...%9Cy%E2%80%9D/

Blog Entries

Here's a little more info. https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-a...-airport-codes

I still wonder why our airport codes start with K. Why K?