Thread: Bag of Flowers

Default Bag of Flowers

On October 20th, I left my room in Masaya and walked to the main bus terminal by the open air market on the other side of town. I caught a bus from there to a small town called La Flor. If you travel along the Masaya highway between Managua and Granada, you will see a turn off to the left right after going through Masaya marked "La Flor." I'd lived in Masaya several times before and for some reason I'd never been down this road. On this day, I decided to fix this.

The bus that I took went through La Flor and then just kept going. When the paving ran out, it likewise kept doing down a rough dirt road that in places resembles a creek bed (an arroyo). I didn't know what to pay when I got on the bus, so I paid the same amount as an old woman sitting in front of me. Because of this, I felt compelled to get off the bus shortly after she did, because down here you pay for distance not at flat fee for bus fare. I imagine that I got off close to the end of the line--a place called La Bolsa.

I walked back towards La Flor taking pictures.

When I got to La Flor, I came across a man who speaks English and who drove a truck across the States for many years. He chatted for a bit, and he told me that he had family coming to visit him that evening. He struck me as a kindred spirit--a fellow tumbling tumbleweed.

It look a long time to get to La Flor, so I was a ways out there. I don't know how far exactly, but I'm guessing (based on the ruler function of Google Earth) about 5 kilometers. I then walked from La Flor to Masaya and across the city to my room. This was another 9 kilometers. I stopped into the first Pali in Masaya to get an energy drink. The long walk took something out of me. I was drenched in my own sweat and ran through all of the water that I'd brought with me.

While I was walking down the main highway through Masaya, I saw a couple of lizards battling. This doesn't relate to this thread, but I thought it was cool, so I'm including a photo anyway. Enjoy.

Soy el chele mono.

Default Re: Bag of Flowers

Nice area. Looks clean and well kept.