Thread: Around town on New Year's Eve

Default Around town on New Year's Eve

Town ain't totally ramped up yet, although folks are starting to come in. Spent some chill time meeting with a friend over coffee to talk about a fund raiser I want to organize for February, had to check out what's going on in the bay... no big New Year's Eve plans for me, I'll pass... but I DO have to go watch the Falcons game this afternoon, hope we can keep our season alive!
    Happy New Year's Eve, y'all!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    17th time's a charm

Blog Entries

Default Re: Around town on New Year's Eve

Is that a door within a door?

Sitting in the lazyboy playing on the chromebook. a vertical fan trying to blow the humidity away. The little woman spent most of the day cooking up food with flavor for the pot luck/new years wingding at her brother's house. She actually bought real spices and stuff at La Colonia. Had an interesting discussion on my pet theory that the bigger the party the crappier the food and how the veggie-free diet was so unhealthy. She cooked up stuffed chicken and a salad, a shocking contrast to bbq cerdo and 7 Year with coke.

Had a decent afternoon party the other day. Seems a friend of one of the family loaned them their vacation house in the hills-- terazza, more ceramic tile than Cater has little liver pills, pool, view of valley and mountains. Nice but a bizarre Hollywood Hills ambiance. Pool had pump and filter, how novel, but I think it may have not been turned on because pool turned Nicapool color as the day went on. Amazed at how using Enacal Esteli sewer water in the ice cubes can ruin the flavor of a rum and coke! One nasty drink small portion of bbq pork, out at 6 pm.

I'm copping house guard tonite and will spend some quality time with the dawgs. Bedtime at 10, every party needs a pooper that's why they invited me, Party Pooper! Dogs will go ape at midnight when the fireworks start, poor things.

For a better 2018!

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

On the Coast, tradition is to make a pot of Soup, eat it for 2 days. Yesterday morning in Bluefields the shops were full of people buying soup fixins.

Yesterday afternoon I went over to a Friend's house on El Bluff and they had 3 HUGE pots of Soup going, 2 pots with Beef and the other Seafood. I had a beer and watched all the prepping, they were having a big party last night and getting ready. Had been debating on my last meal for the year, had some nice Shrimps and that was on my mind, ended up making a big plate of Nachos and calling it an early night. Woke around midnight, got up and watched the fireworks, went back to bed.

Weather has been downright nasty the past week or so, very wet, finally cleared yesterday late morning, today looks like it may be nice. New Year's Day is a big day on El Bluff, People from Bluefields come over to the beach to eat their Soup, and of course all the locals take a stroll to the beach as well.

Was gifted some Conch Meat yesterday, thinking to make up a batch of Conch Fritters today, have not had any in ages.

Happy New Year everyone.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Today is supposed to be back to work, will see if anyone shows up, 2 weeks of vacation will likely be 1 day too little. The town cleared out yesterday, was a nice day with only a few quick squalls passing through, Everyone went to the beach. I stayed in town and enjoyed the quiet. Was uninspired so the fritters did not get made. Saw my Shrim Guy yesterday and he has some Shrimps for me, shaping up to be a good year.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Traffic dead on the panam in Esteli. We went to a party in La trinidad--no roadblocks, no drunks, kinda weird. Trash not picked up for 2 weeks, let's hope they get back in line on week 3.
    Last edited by el duende grande; 01-02-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: braindead

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Happy New Year to everyone. Stayed home to bring in the new year. Pretty uneventful, went outside and listened to all the gunfire at midnight. Had a couple neighbors popping off rounds, not as many as when I first moved into the neighborhood. Hopefully last year having to be so close to all the BS. Now back to the grind.