Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ February 16, 2018
NEWS
Nicaragua Promotes Destination Authenticity TravelPulse
“It's no secret that those who visit Nicaragua fall in love with the country's rich authenticity and its welcoming people. Our aim is to make travelers feel like locals by connecting them with the true experiences that characterize our people, our culture, and our history,” said INTUR's Co-director Anasha ...

Georgina's Brings Taste of Nicaragua to Wealthy Street GR|MAG
Craig brings his unique background to Georgina's, fusing Latin and Asian traditions to create a slew of tasty dishes that can't be found anywhere else in Grand Rapids. Craig was born in Nicaragua to a Chinese mother and Cuban father and by the age of eight he was adopted by his American father and ...

Nicaragua Shelves Canal, Promises Port Q Costa Rica News
If the construction of the port were to become a reality, Nicaragua would be less dependent of the ports of Honduras and Costa Rica to make its exports and imports. In addition to guaranteeing sovereignty, in theory, with the construction of this port it will significantly reduce the operating cost of the ...

No more excuses: Why I'm volunteering in Nicaragua MyNorthwest.com
After years of excuses, Ron Upshaw is getting his hands dirty and putting some elbow grease in a community that lives on $2 a day. (Jesse Orrico, Unsplash). I'm a little nervous you guys. I'm trying something new and outside my comfort zone. Tomorrow morning I'll be boarding a plane to Nicaragua to ...

Migrants Are Hit Hard by Nicaragua's Closed-Border Strategy Inter Press Service
With a Nicaraguan flag in the background, passports from Nicaragua, with the silhouette of Central America on its cover, are held up. The country's southern border with Costa Rica has become a "closed border" for migrants travelling from South America towards the United States. Credit: José Adán ...

CentAm hospital roundup: Costa Rica, Nicaragua Business News Americas
Costa Rica's social security agency (CCSS) has awarded the contract for the upgrading and equipping of an ER facility for San ... Subscriber-Only Content. BNamericas develops thousands of news articles, analyses and features every month, always concentrating on how to make or save money in Latin ...

Nicaragua launches new tourism advertising campaign Breaking Travel News
The Nicaraguan government has launched a new advertising campaign - “I like you just as you are”. The campaign is designed to encourage those who visit Nicaragua to get to know its authentic side and fall in love with the country as it really is. Three areas where Nicaragua stands out will be ...

Rosita Mining Discovers High Grade Copper with Gold and Silver in Nicaragua Junior Mining Network
Toronto, Ontario / February 15, 2018 / JMN Wire / Rosita Mining Corporation (RST: TSX-V) (“Rosita” or the “Company”) is pleased to report that sampling from new workings developed on the Company's Tipispan target by local artisanal miners, has returned high grading copper and precious metals ...

If you're a fan of Bridget Jones, you're going to love Nicaragua's new tagline Travelweek
Now, 17 years after the release of the 2001 blockbuster 'Bridget Jones's Diary', those swoon-worthy words have been uttered once more, this time as part of a new tourism campaign. The Nicaragua Tourism Board (INTUR) has launched a new tagline, “I Like You Just As You Are', which not only brings to ...

Green alert: earthquake M 4.7 in Nicaragua on 2/16/2018 1:03:28 AM Newsroom America
Green alert: earthquake M 4.7 in Nicaragua on 2/16/2018 1:03:28 AM. By Newsroom America Feeds at 8:51 pm Eastern ... The earthquake happened off shore, near Nicaragua, Department of Chinandega (population 364,428). The distance to the nearest coast is 31km. The nearest places are ...