Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ February 26, 2018
NEWS
More Business Between Nicaragua and Costa Rica Q Costa Rica News
With the aim of increasing trade relations between both countries, Nicaragua and Costa Rica will reactivate the Chamber of Industry and Commerce jointly, in order to expand trade relations between the two countries. The president of the Nicaraguan-Costa Rican Chamber of Industry and Commerce, ...

Mission of Hope gets teeth in new service Plattsburgh Press Republican
The facility adds to offerings there from the medical clinic, a much needed service since the very poor in Nicaragua more often than not can't afford dental work. And the dentist, Alejandro Alberto Ortiz Alvarez, was once a young boy whose education was paid for by sponsors through Mission of Hope.

Nicaraguan poor inspire, sadden volunteers Plattsburgh Press Republican
For many of the desperately poor in Nicaragua who struggle with illnesses, the Peru teen said, "if they were in America, their problems could be solved in a couple hours." Spear, 16, is in the Central American country with North Country Mission of Hope, one of 47 volunteers continuing a 20-year effort to ...

Gender Equality Eroding Entrenched Machismo in Nicaragua Mining Sector Latin American Herald Tribune
MANAGUA – A mining company operating in Nicaragua's poverty-stricken northern Caribbean zone over the past eight years has hired women to fill 12 percent of its positions, all of which traditionally had been held by men. At the end of 2017, the Labor Ministry (Mitrab) singled out gold mining firm ...

Condor Gold alters Nicaragua mine plans to avoid resettlement of villagers Stock Market Wire
StockMarketWire.com - Condor Gold said it had revamped plans for an open-pit gold mine in Nicaragua to avoid the need resettle around 330 homes, ... with Nicaraguan government officials at minister level to permit the construction and operation of a new gold mine at Mina La India, Nicaragua,' chief ...

Condor Gold plc: Permitting Update Mina La India, Redesigned Open Pit, No Resettlement - GlobeNewswire (press release)
Condor Gold shares flying high as mine application progresses - London South East (blog)
Full Coverage

30 years ago today: Hot Tuna plays the Commodore, Paul Kantner dedicates "Mariel" to Nora ... Straight.com
He also dedicated the song “Mariel” to Nicaragua's U.N. ambassador Nora Astorga, who died of cancer on Valentine's Day. Kantner met Astorga when she invited him to perform at her country's Independence Day celebration. (Paul Kantner's Nicaragua Diary, the book Kantner wrote while visiting the ...

Humberto Soto out of Josh Taylor fight Boxing News Online
SCOTLAND'S undefeated Josh Taylor will now defend his WBC Silver super lightweight title against Nicaragua's dangerous contender Winston Campos (30-3-5) on Saturday March 3 at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow following the withdrawal through injury of Mexico's Humberto Soto. Taylor vs Campos will ...

FY2017 EPS Estimates for B2Gold Corp Boosted by Analyst (NYSEAMERICAN:BTG) Dispatch Tribunal
B2Gold Corp. (B2Gold) is a Canada-based gold producer with approximately four operating mines and one mine under construction. The Company has a portfolio of other evaluation and exploration projects in various countries, including Mali, Colombia, Burkina Faso, Finland, Chile and Nicaragua.