Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ March 1, 2018
NEWS
Nicaragua tourism board rolls out new ad campaign Lonely Planet Travel News
The Nicaragua tourism board (INTUR) will use the bright lights of New York City to roll out its new promotional campaign. 'Nicaragua Te Quiero As Sos' or 'I like you just as you are' is geared towards highlighting Nicaraguan culture in all facets – its land, its architecture and most importantly, its people.

Nicaragua assumes top climate finance post despite past Paris scepticism Climate Home
Climate Home News is one of the world's most trusted independent sources of climate politics news. Sign up for our newsletter. Nicaragua's Paul Oquist was rubber-stamped for a top international climate finance role this week, despite a token protest. The central American country was the only one to ...

Shower thoughts: Musings after a trip to Nicaragua MyNorthwest.com
Whoever invented the home water heater, you're the best. Our lodging in Central America had hot water about half the time. Not like they would run out of hot water half the time. More like half the places we stayed at had only one knob to turn in the shower stall — and it was cold.

Nicaragua road upgrades - funding secured World Highways
Financing worth US$238 million has been secured for planned road upgrades and improvements in Nicaragua. The funding comes in the shape of a loan from the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI). The upgrade works will be carried out to just over 194km of roads across the ...

Mariana Marshall '10 blogs on the move Berkeley Beacon
She has backpacked through Mexico, explored teapot lane in Japan, scuba dove in Indonesia, taught in Nicaragua, attended graduate school in Manhattan, visited her now-husband Tom Kelland in New Zealand, and moved with him to Melbourne, Australia. Her blog chronicles these trips with separate ...

End of Protected Status Could Devastate Remittance-Dependent Nations The Washington Diplomat
Bananas, coffee, apparel manufacturing and tourism all generate significant foreign exchange for Haiti, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua. But one of the biggest sources of income for these four countries has nothing to do with producing exports or providing services. We're talking about remittances ...

Golden Apple: Diana McElmurray WJBF-TV
Diana (DEE-AHN-A) McElmurray came to the United States from Nicaragua. Now she gets to share her love of her homeland with her ... “I am from Nicaragua and I have a degree in Journalism and I never thought to be a teacher,” McElmurray says. “And when I came to the United States, I thought, why ...

Países Centroamérica mejoran atención a población más pobre Houston Chronicle
El Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo destacó entre los logros más importantes el aumento de la atención prenatal temprana en un 31% Nicaragua, el incremento de un 23% de la cobertura de parto institucional en Honduras y la cobertura de la vacuna contra el sarampión, paperas y rubéola en El ...

Shannon: Abstención de Nicaragua en la OEA fue un mensaje fuerte para Venezuela El Nuevo Diario
El subsecretario de Estado para Asuntos Políticos de Estados Unidos, Thomas Shannon, dijo ayer en Quito que “la decisión de Ecuador, Nicaragua y El Salvador de abstenerse en la última votación de la Organización de Estados Americanos (OEA) fue un mensaje fuerte para Venezuela sobre la ...

El agro, sector clave en la economía de Nicaragua La Prensa (Nicaragua)
El sector agropecuario sigue siendo uno de los pilares fundamentales de la economía nicaragüense. Michael Healy, presidente de la Unión de Productores Agropecuarios de Nicaragua (Upanic), señala que el 2017 fue un año positivo para el sector a pesar de los excesos de lluvias que