Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ March 6, 2018
NEWS
Church of Christ pastor has been to Russia, Nicaragua, but 'I've never been to Nebraska' Scottsbluff Star Herald
Joe Canales began his ministry at the Scottsbluff Church of Christ in early January 2018. He plans to get the congregation involved in the community in order to share Christ. CHARISSA BRYCE Star-Herald. Facebook · Twitter · Email; Print; Save. SCOTTSBLUFF — The Scottsbluff Church of Christ, ...

Leaders from ALBA bloc remember late President Hugo Chavez San Francisco Chronicle
Presidents Raul Castro of Cuba, Evo Morales of Bolivia and Daniel Ortega of Nicaragua were among those who made the trip Monday, which coincided with a meeting of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America, known as the ALBA bloc. The meeting comes as Venezuela grapples with a ...

Venezuela Regional Summit - Colorado Springs Gazette
Raul Castro Arrives in Venezuela for Chavez Tribute and ALBA Meeting - Havana Times
Latin American Leaders Praised Hugo Chavez - Prensa Latina
Full Coverage

A student's view: COA's first Study Abroad experience The Outer Banks Voice
When asked why he felt the new Study Abroad program was beneficial to COA's students, Edwards told us, “I wanted to carry the students down to show them Nicaragua, to have them enjoy it as much as I have in my own experiences there, to see the sights, but primarily I wanted to them to go into the ...

New Hispanic ministry at Ponderosa Bible Church Payson Roundup
He is a native Nicaraguan who attended seminary in the United States and is assisting Ponderosa with a Bible teaching ministry to those who speak Spanish. He joined the church staff in September 2017. “With the increase in the number of people in our community who speak only Spanish, we wanted ...

Leaders from ALBA bloc remember late President Hugo Chavez STLtoday.com
Cuba's President Raul Castro, left, and Nicaragua's President Daniel Ortega, second left, listen to a speech by Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro, outside of Miraflores palace during a rally in Caracas, Venezuela, Monday, March 5, 2018. The presidents of Cuba, Nicaragua and Bolivia visit ...

COLUMN: Elliott Abrams should not have been invited to IU Indiana Daily Student
During that time, he helped formulate policies that spread mass terror in Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua. The Reagan administration backed the military junta that took control of Guatemala in 1982 and committed widespread atrocities against its people. Guatemala's dictator at the time has since ...

Immigration & his American dream Los Angeles Times
The United States is filled with a diverse variety of immigrants. Most of the time, these immigrants receive a bad reputation from society. In fact, my grandpa was an immigrant when he was younger. Here is his story. Carlos Montalvan is from Managua, Nicaragua and is one of seven siblings. Managua is ...

Latin American Leaders Praised Hugo Chavez Prensa Latina
In a short speech in front of the national and international press, the Nicaraguan President stated the importance of holding this Summit during the 5th ... ALBA, as an integration mechanism is composed by Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Dominica, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua y ...

More People Sending Money Abroad From Costa Rica The Costa Rican Times
In 2016, the total amount of remittances was $312 million, $254 million of which went to Nicaragua. Nicaraguans living in Costa Rica send an average monthly remittance of $111 to their families. Colombians remit $227 per month, on average. Other foreigners send $136 a month, on average.

Cuba's President Attends ALBA-TCP Summit in Venezuela Prensa Latina
Ahead of Raul Castro, Bolivia's President Evo Morales and Nicaragua's dignitary Daniel Ortega arrived in Caracas to also participate at the Summit that among its objectives it will ratify the bloc members' support to the Bolivarian Revolution Chavez spearheaded and the government of President Nicolas ...